Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for falling into my child's trap?

A former co-worker told me he and his (now former) wife always thought their son was really stupid but turned out he was almost deaf. Welp that's my child with bad hearing story thanks for reading.

e: Apropos one of the kid's favourite pastimes apart from the Disney Channel was running at full speed and punching people in the nuts. Got me good one time. I guess telling him "do not punch people in the nuts!" over and over again didn't do much since he didn't hear it.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I hope he got the help he needed, the sound adds a lot to the humor when you nut punch someone

Last I saw him he had a hearing aid, but I didn't stick around to find out if he had changed hobbies.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

How long did it take them to realize their child was almost deaf? My mother in law says she's pretty sure my husband was unable to hear for about two weeks after his birth, because he didn't react to sounds. Then his hearing activated and he was screaming at every single sound. So if the kid was old enough to run around and punch people in the dick, that seems a bit long.

Like 5 inthink?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bonster posted:

How do you get a dog's sex wrong? Even as a puppy they're pretty distinct.

My sister's cat is named after our dad, despite the cat being female. It literally doesn't care, as it is a cat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

When my gf's sister was six she insisted on naming their rescued stray cat "cutie patootie" and that was his name for the next 10 years.

Whoa wow your cat and my sister's cat share a name!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Dummy, the cat's name is After Our Dad.

No you bucket the cat was named after our dad because it was born decades later.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

The ship's cat on Endurance for Shakleton's expedition was named Mrs. Chippy and was male. Do not look into Mrs. Chippy or the sled dogs for that expedition :(

Well they'd be long dead wouldn't they.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nancy posted:

oh my god I see women with both ears everywhere

To be honest, all the women I see most days have both ears. Others, too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What about the spoon test?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kdrudy posted:

he did it both ways since he has two shoes. Then he sassily told them he was gay and knew what they were doing.

How "sassy" can you be when you've just fallen on your arse?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thotsky posted:

After a certain point there's a definite challenge aspect to spicy food, no matter what country you are from. I don't think that's wrong though, the same is true of hiking, horror movies, almost anything we do for fun that has endorphins involved.

No-one except WASPs thinks WASP "hot" food is edible.

Same goes for meat that isn't cooked to WASP "well done". Everyone else just thinks it isn't cooked.

Yes I speak for all people.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

Belgium: well known for having absolutely no troubled history or ill will involving Africa, none at all

You do not, in fact, gotta (USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Benagain posted:

gambling or drugs?

It's always drugs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mx. posted:

AITA for opposing English only rule a new housemate is trying to impose?

Siobhan is a Nazi, OP.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How does a 22-year-old person get "dragged into" anything by their parents?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Isn't CP a motor issue?

e: As opposed to intellectual.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mx. posted:

lmao, how dare they take the attention off their wedding month

AITA for shortening my workout after a man got on the elliptical next to me?

dude sounds like a predator

Well he knew what the OP's routine was, otherwise he wouldn't have noticed they cut it short.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Also, celebrations may last a month, but they don't start until they start, so three weeks before doesn't actually mean anything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AITA for canceling plans on my friend who is always late?

Dude thinks he's the loving sea.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rescue Toaster posted:

I mean enjoy having your stepdaughter around forever when she can't get into college, I guess? Not that she doesn't deserve getting caught, but...

Lol what?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I think the assumption is that people with misdemeanor/felonies have a much harder time getting into college, which isn't exactly untrue

hosed up that a school would have a way of knowing if someone has a record.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bet they're the kind of people who get mad when someone doesn't call them "doctor".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Criminal convictions tend to be a matter of public record emphasis on public.

It would be cool if there was a map of where they are and where they aren't. (But there isn't, according to a whole minute of Googling. Otherwise I would've posted it.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, it would be sweet if more people in one of the more carceral nations in the world had their criminal records posted publicly. :rolleyes:

What?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Also Mustang is right, people who steal from big companies because its convenient will also steal from you the moment its convenient.

I don't know that that's true (because I'm not very knowledgeable), but the reverse is absolutely true. The person who drinks other people's pints at the pub will then proceed to the Sale across the street for some run-beers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for firing my babysitter for drinking alcohol when she was watching my kids?

They've never met their house?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, what the gently caress, Americans don't put their babies in the box?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lmao if you think americans can afford a box, let alone the contents of the box

But... the Box of Motherhood is free with the baby!

haveblue posted:

I put our box on airbnb

:lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Do people in the US even get the box? I assumed it was only a thing in countries with humane health care systems.

I think you mean slightly more humane, but yeah nah of course not.

e: I never actually thought about it, but the Box of Motherhood is (and was originally intended to be) also a way to get expectant mothers into the pre-natal healthcare system, as you need to be registered at a neuvola or a doctor to get it or the 170€.

ee: Anyway, thousands for a crib is :psyduck: any way you look at it.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 15, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

TIFU learning sign language.

Update

He didn't ask, but HTA because he's basically eavesdropping. All he had to do was not look when no-one was signing at him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I did sign language in yo mama's vagina and it echoed

Clap clap is this thing on?

Clap clap is this thing on?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I think of all the times my niece has covered her little brother in marker because he asked her for tattoos and shudder at the depravity. The inhumanity. To be 2 and wish so fiercely to shed his mortal coil...

When I was five, we didn't have markers :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Set her up with someone horrible. Won't be asked again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

America is a country based on
1) grifting each other
2) thinking raw meat is good when about 100% of the rest of the planet doesn't
3) thinking yogurt and blueberries is somehow a healthy breakfast lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

killerwhat posted:

Is yogurt and blueberries not healthy? I was assuming Greek yogurt, that has a lot of protein.

Protein is literally poison for your body, eat porridge!

Obviously it's not. A balanced breakfast would have protein and fibre, for you know, reasons.

e: I have been informed that blueberries contain fibre. I guess that's me hosted by my own petard.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 19, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, are there... other kinds of police officers?

Administrative. (Their job is de facto mostly preventing various laws being enforced on other police officers.)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 19, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also making sure the confiscated guns and drugs disappear.

Oh they tend to pop up again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Drööd prööööööh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I sat behind two women on the bus some years ago and one was talking about how her boyfriend is really great but every week he has "game night" with a bunch of other guys, and they all smell really really bad and she didn't know what to do because they made her nauseous.

IDK that's actually not much of a story. Thanks for reading, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's Mormons and then there's Mormons, and both (or, more accurately, all) of them consider the other kind(s) of Mormons to not really be Mormons.

In short, Mormonism is a religion.