Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Zurtilik posted:

AITA for asking my wife to not bring her stuffed animal to restaurants with us all the time?

sometimes the correct response to "do i embarrass you" is "yes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

therobit posted:

When I was little my dad was a blacksmith and a sheet metal worker. He had a close friend who was a welder and the guy’s party trick was taking pans out of the oven with his bare hands. I don’t know the temperatures involved but when I got older it always struck me as some absurd macho thing. My mom, a nurse, was horrified.

when i worked at a pizza place a couple of the managers could do this. apparently your hands just toughen up after a while

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Zurtilik posted:

My(27F) boyfriend (37M) plays Dr. Mario but never saves his game. Is this normal behavior?Personal is

even if he didn't rent the game it wouldn't have saved his scores. i mean, if we're talking about the NES version

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

therobit posted:

Hey dumbfuck go down to the day labor agencies like two Saturdays in a row and you can pay your mother in law back if you are that loving broke.

or stand on the corner with a cardboard sign for like an hour

weird that he can't pay back his MIL's $100 when according to his post history, he had enough money for a new gaming laptop like a month ago

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Invisible Clergy posted:

Going to a therapist who is insufficiently sympathetic and then going to a second therapist to whine about that therapist sounds like an ep of "curb your enthusiasm."

AITA for using my wife's razor to shave my rear end?

so what does this guy shave his face with?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
the best part is that everyone who ordered something less pungent than BK can just get hosed; you're gonna be smelling chicken fries for your entire meal

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
that's fine, there's gotta be even worse topics that we can resurrect

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Invisible Clergy posted:

It's such a weird post, because why would the law work like that anywhere? It's telling you "always try to steal, either you get a free item, or you have to pay the worth of the item, like you'd bought it." OP of course does not specify the country he lives in. I assume from his behavior, he's an idiot and is confused about how law works.

probably they give you jail time or community service or whatever in addition to making you pay for the item

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Scaevolus posted:

My boyfriend keeps using my toothbrush

get some of that hot sauce that's basically just pepper spray

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Zurtilik posted:

I [29M] am having difficulty playing boyfriend of instagram for my GF [30F].

quote:

> 100 photos of our fine dining experience last night with another couple

around about the 10th picture you took, i'd be stabbing you with a salad fork and none of us would ever be welcome at the restaurant again. how the hell does anyone put up with that poo poo

maybe the other couple are assholes like the girlfriend

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Barudak posted:

Kobe beef, like all japanese meat cuts, is trash and there is a considerable market in Japan for imported and alternate cut beef to escape it.

This is what the "no green m&m" rider for bands was about. That sentence was in the stage setup instructions packet which included all the safety info, so if they walked into the backstage area and saw green m&ms in the bowl they knew the fuckers didn't read it and the stage was probably unsafe

they were brown M&Ms and now van halen is going to sue you

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for asking my girlfriend to wear makeup?

OP posted:

I’m not a girl only girls wear makeup

erry goth dude ever is like, "izzat so"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Barudak posted:

Its not even goths anymore, young dudes globally are realizing that ladies like men with good skin just like the boy bands they follow and those dudes aren't naturally flawless.

backstreet boys, menudo, new kids on the block, who the gently caress ever

their big secret was foundation and concealer

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
oh and a voice like a castrato

not sure how you do that

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Batterypowered7 posted:

Fun Fact: One of my half-brothers was briefly in one of the iterations of Menudo.

lol i thought i was the only one who remembered menudo

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

cumshitter posted:

Lol that kid basically had an exit interview with his parents. He should send them both invites to connect on LinkedIn and leave reviews for them.

Taking the deficit to $0 means paying off every treasury bond in existence, which also means giving a lot of money to China, among other countries (Japan actually owns the most US debt, which is fun to bring up when someone is raging about China). It would also have the side affect of loving with a lot of pensions and other retirement programs in addition to absolutely rocking the bond market as everyone who is paid back tries to plow that money into other investments.

Not like that's a big deal since this guy has a child's understanding of the government and how it works.

Also my favorite libertarian video about the US Debt is the cartoon that starts off with the guy's dog being repossessed by the banks or something. His cool friend arrives in a time traveling DeLorean to explain finance to him, and then halfway through suddenly robotic tentacled Rothschild family crests attack. Just a totally abrupt transition into thinly veiled anti-Semitism.

what i always do is i say, the debt is a trillion-dollar bet that china has made, that our country will be a going concern until those t-bills mature. so why is that bad? and no one can answer me

also i enjoy pointing out that some of the biggest holders of our deficit are american citizens

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Brawnfire posted:

You can microwave water in the mug I'm pretty sure

i've talked to more than one person who was convinced that the water just wouldn't be the same

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

limp_cheese posted:

Doesn't that make the mug scalding hot?

no, unless you got a metal mug or something

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Dazerbeams posted:

There’s a risk of water exploding in your face if it’s been microwaved. But I’m not sure how likely that is.

you have to have a perfectly, *perfectly* smooth surface, so that the water gets boiling hot but doesn't actually boil because there's no place for a bubble to form. and then when you touch the water it can suddenly form bubbles and BLAM!

anyway it's not real likely to happen outside of a laboratory

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
"not a life changing amount of money", about an amount of money that irrevocably changed the lives of everyone involved

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

theflyingexecutive posted:

And on top of that, his sister could get her entire life wrecked by a prison sentence.

good, gently caress her. she's a thief and a piece of poo poo who thinks nothing of robbing her own family. sending her to prison would be well worth the effort

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i just want a can of OK soda

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

deety posted:

make jokes about having wood for sheep

i was gonna post that comic strip but couldn't find it

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

greazeball posted:

probobly not what you meant but

no i meant this stuff

a carbonated "beverage"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

kntfkr posted:

Those cans, like, try too hard.

no they were perfect. maybe you had to be there

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They’re the most 90s thing I’ve seen in a while, I had almost forgotten about them.

they were '90s as gently caress

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

greazeball posted:

gently caress I'm reading wikipedia on this and getting some pretty bad vibes, I gotta say. I was 18 in 93 which was exactly the target demo for this and gently caress them for hard-selling the bleak rear end future under a gray layer of gen x apathy for all the other ad produers to softly copy until the towers came down

they had a hotline, 1-800-I-FEEL-OK

e: also i got one of those OK hats, i still have it in a closet and/or box somewhere
ee: wikipedia is full of LIES. the canister had three quarters in it, not two

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA after no longer allowing my mother in laws friend to baby sit my children after she started calling them her babies?

"quote on quote" is the thing that angers me the most about this

yeah, i know, i'm hosed up

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Obviously she should get some real fancy bowls that satisfy whatever standards are set by the sister-in-law.

And use those bowls exclusively for the kitten.

And also post pictures of the kitten.

find out what kind of bowls the SIL has, then get one for the cat

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beachcomber posted:

Sometimes I wish I was the sort of person who knew where to acquire different hallucinogens instead of the kind of person who didn't drink until they were well out of college.

man you should have been partying in the '90s, that poo poo was everywhere. any hallucinogen you can name, i probably spent a weekend on it. good times, good times

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Khanstant posted:

quote:

I work hard to have a certain lavish lifestyle, full of adventures and memorable moments.

go gently caress yourself forever, just for that sentence alone

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
sitting in the car blubbering on reddit because i can't figure out how to pour a bowl of cereal or a bowl of cat food

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
my whole weekend is RUINED because of this STUPID VIDEO GAME

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

thread title god please

:emptyquote:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
like what do these useless fucks do if they don't have their moms or mom substitutes around, do they just starve, or die of some kind of poo poo-wallowing disease because they never wash anything, or what

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
and where do they even learn this poo poo, or fail to learn it rather

like, when i was a kid, whenever i'd ask my mom to do some poo poo that i could do myself, she'd say "do it yourself, your arms and legs ain't broken" (with the corollary, "...but they could be", left unspoken), and so i learned to do poo poo for myself. like pouring a bowl of loving cereal, for example

i mean i used to get mad at mom for that but she was totally doing me a solid

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
doing all the chores together is our love language

*flops down on the couch* whaaaat, i got the mop and bucket out of the closet, i helped

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Depends. Some parents, even progressive ones, just can't be bothered teaching boys (and sometimes girls) how to do anything, assuming they will always have A Woman To Do It For Them. Others just go straight from 'You're too young, you'll just screw it up' to 'You're old enough by now that you should already know this' without anything in between.

well if i responded to "do it yourself" with "but i don't know how", my parents would've shown me how. unless i was claiming i didn't know how to pour a bowl of cereal or something; that would've just gotten me an rear end whipping

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
also when i moved out i found out there was a lot of domestic poo poo i actually had no clue how to do, so what i'd do is call my folks and ask them. it really made them happy to 1) hear from me and 2) still feel necessary in their kid's life. mom appreciated it the most

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

I still remember how well into middle school mom refused to let me run the washing machine because I wasn't old enough. Then one day she told me to run a load of laundry. I asked how to use the washer and I got yelled at and grounded for backtalk and refusing to do my chores because I was old enough to know how to do laundry. This comes up in the estranged parents thread a fair bit.

i got tired of waiting for mom to wash my clothes one time so i figured, well how hard can it be, you put in the clothes and soap and you press a button. so i washed my own clothes, right

mom was so stoked that i had done this, that that was it; i was washing my own clothes from then on. there was no way i could have let her down after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mx. posted:

AITA for not bringing my wife to son's wedding?

why the gently caress are you happily married to a racist homophobe dude

well see she does this thing with a grapefruit