Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Canuckistan posted:

Everyone below this post is a Satan shitplane.

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

I seriously wonder what the dudes in those religions are taught. Nothing at all, I am sure, about being a ripped up piece of garbage paper the more people you kiss. Nothing at all about purity. Maybe encouragement to wait until marriage, and then game loving on?

My buddy and his girlfriend got caught joking around about condoms at youth group (someone ratted them out to the youth pastor) and he got a stern serious lecture about how the Lord wants us to wait and the sanctity of marriage and his gf was surrounded by 4 women (2 of whose 16-18yo daughters had already made them grandmas) absolutely screaming at her about degrading herself in the eyes of the church and how nobody would respect her or see her as anything but a dirty whore if she ever had sex even once.

Fortunately they were 18 or so and they just stopped going to youth group and had safe sex and got married a few years later and lived happily ever after.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

pentyne posted:

These people weren't even alive when the first Harry Potter book came out how does it have this much of a stranglehold on the culture? I'd think by now it looks fairly antiquated oh also the writer is a massive bigot.

the kids grew up with the Harry Potter movies

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my brother he is a bad host?

You could just buy him some kind of coffee rig as a cheeky thank you gift or I guess you could also be a giant baby about not having coffee for 2 days.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's not like she saw the mom at the church pot luck the next weekend and just couldn't stop staring until mom asked her what was up either, just straight up texted her from the receptionist desk at the office with the file in her hand.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Serephina posted:

Uni boy who bought a tesla at age 23 disgusted to find out that gf is rich, also.

Imagine being with a girl who doesn't utterly depend on you financially!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

welcome to hell posted:

My Boyfriend Is a Loser and I'm Embarrassed, Please Advice on Dumping Him Smoothly

quote:

Gabe (37) and I hit it off immediately, tbh, the connection I’ve experienced in this relationship is the reason I haven’t left him yet. ... I was drawn to Gabe since we laughed a lot, confided in each other and treated each other with consideration.

I now live closer to him, after one year of relationship.

A tale as old as time: distant partner is fun, amazing, makes you feel great then it turns out it's a bullshit house of cards that falls apart almost immediately once you live nearby.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

time to start a new journal!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

i just want a can of OK soda

probobly not what you meant but

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

no i meant this stuff

a carbonated "beverage"

gently caress I'm reading wikipedia on this and getting some pretty bad vibes, I gotta say. I was 18 in 93 which was exactly the target demo for this and gently caress them for hard-selling the bleak rear end future under a gray layer of gen x apathy for all the other ad produers to softly copy until the towers came down

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

TheWeedNumber posted:

Why is this person a born snitch? Like wow

I wonder if both people in this story are white or maybe only just one?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

They're gonna be great parents

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That's one of those stories where (if true) you wonder what the real reason he wants to break up is, that he decided this would be better

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

What's the normal place to have sex for teens if they don't go to college and live with their parents? One person's house or the other?
I can't shake the class disparity latent in the question.

In someone's car or at whoever's place while the single parent or both parents are working

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

haveblue posted:

What kind of wedding requires guests to commit to traveling for TWO WEEKS?

THIS IS MY SPECIAL FORTNIGHT OK

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Serious case of main character syndrome

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Steak man should have burnt the everloving poo poo out of her steak, then microwaved it for 10 minutes and then made her eat it.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

For sure, just thought it was a good example of how older generations view relationships/marriage as some grim, joyless death march and pass those attitudes onto their kids.

I worked with three guys once that basically had a running "who hates their wife the most" competition and it was so pathetic. The worst guy went to the pub every single night directly from work and then went home at 11, when his wife would pretend to sleep. He also had "girlfriends" in Cuba and Russia that he sent money to regularly. There was a new guy in the team who was engaged and they just constantly filled his head with all kinds of poo poo husbands deserve from their wives and the whole thing was so depressing that I left after about two months.

Of course, this was in Ireland in 2006 so divorce had only been legal for a little more than 10 years at that point, which explains a little.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Yeah if there's a person who knows the biggest secret about you, a secret that would absolutely ruin your life if people found out, maybe don't gently caress them over and tell a bunch of lies leading to intense emotional confrontations when they're at their most vulnerable?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Similar to and often comorbid with 'everyone must follow my script' narcissist brain, there's also the idea that every single encounter is a contest that must be 'won', that there's always a winner and loser and you can't ever be the loser. This is where gifts become acts of aggression, because everything is an act of aggression, and apologies are constantly demanded and never given as displays of contrition and weakness.

All contest must be won on the day too! None of this I'll get you something really special next time that will make it up to you crap for these modern day supermen.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

"Ok honey, I found the cat food. Now what?"
"Open it."
*Looks at can of cat food with a pull top ring*
*Beads of sweat form on his forehead*
"Oh no..."

*2 hours later*

"OK! I got it open! Can I have my pancakes NOW?"
"Why is the cat still following you and meowing like she hasn't eaten?"
"I don't know, but I got it open! Can you please stop making us suffer like this?"
"Did you put the food in her bowl?"
"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKKE EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED?! I'll do it after you make my pancakes OK?"

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Me again. posted:

Uh, I know I was grateful when my parents told me that the poor relationship situation was being addressed and that they were ending things and moving to separate housing because there was tension and suffering in the house when things were falling apart.

These people should be honest with the kids now and approach the situation together with a goal of raising nontraumatized adult humans who can have good partnerships in the future. Deceiving them churn out one last batch of "happy" Christmas postcards is bullshit.

Tell the truth to children? No, that would be traumatic for them!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

webmeister posted:

Yeah that raised my eyebrow as well, I know Americans live in an insane capitalist dystopia where you can be fired from any job for any reason at any time (unless you're super rich), but surely he'd have some time off booked around the due date? You would think, anyway. Assuming he actually cared about his wife and child.

My sister manages a pharmacy in a smallish town with a regular crew. Her schedule is done remotely by some central person and I can't tell any difference between them and the cokehead fuckwit who did my schedule at McDonald's when I was 15. Totally inconsistent bullshit done at the last minute for two-week intervals plus forgetting/denying holidays and making her find cover on her own every goddamn time. She's in her 40s and has a PhD and still has to deal with this poo poo.

So I can definitely see somebody getting schedule hosed on the birth of their child, but this guy was probably just cheating in the next town over.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

I didn't read it because these are all the same, and the answer is always :murder:.

The only person I know who slept through alarms like that later got fired from a really good job/career track for being addicted to pills and is now in prison for grooming a 15yo online, is that what you meant? Same solution still applies though of course.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The first rule of anime club is never watch anime of any kind when other people might see

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

camoseven posted:

Jesus loving christ how do people like this continue to exist. We are a trash species, god drat

Do you think he got a lot of scholarships for prestigious Private University? Maybe his essays were so good that's why they always were asking him to write essays and telling him how mature he definitely was.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

Oh good, they made something up to hate this guy, well done

Yeah, obviously they both know their home is absolutely kitted out with cameras but he's been doing all sorts of dirty dog poo poo in their full view because,

because the implied threat of the sledgehammer leaning against the fireplace had previously been sufficient to keep things quiet

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Just call her Ellie Jr. or Ellie 2 until she gets the hint (because everyone just calls her Junior or 2 instead)

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Did I miss the reveal that the woman's current boyfriend is her step sister's ex? I assumed that based on the context but I felt like she could have made a little effort to explain when and how they met and/or why he and step sis broke up. That's what I would do if I didn't want people asking why it's ok for her to do it but not her step sis. Also, how small is their loving town that everybody ends up dating each other?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

It's not the sister's ex, but a person they've known their whole lives that the sister has held a candle for her whole life

OP didn't start dating the guy until her sister was well into her relationship with her own ex, presumably because you'd think at that point they're over it, if they're with someone else

You don't really get to have your cake and eat it too....you can't marry one guy but be upset when the other doesn't stay single. And she absolutely has no room to be upset at OP dating someone she had a crush on but never even dated, given that she's marrying OP's ex.

thank you (all) for the explanation

StrangersInTheNight posted:

EDIT: Also re: stepsister and ex and crush drama, lol at her husband-to-be standing there confused AF because his wife is getting romantically jealous about someone else as they head into nuptials lol

but thanks especially for painting this picture for me lmao

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is everyone else looking forward to their family's spaghetti and salt dinner this Christmas? Man I love that salted spaghetti, can't imagine eating it any other way.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Nobody gets to pick their own nickname, these are the rules.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Didn't Paulie Shore give himself his nickname?

And where is he now? Dead. Rules are rules.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

The Weasel is NOT dead. You take that back right this instant!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

feedmegin posted:

Yeah, uh...Irish people, famous for not talking?! Theyve got a whole stone about it and everything.

Yes, this is why the Irish goodbye exists. There are many people who will just not accept that you won't have 'just one more drink' or that you actually have somewhere else to be (especially if it's just home or bed). When there's more than one of these people at the party you're trying to escape from, oftentimes the easiest solution is to just leave out the back door or through a window or something like that.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Crazy how everyone just completely freaked out and overreacted to this one innocent completely isolated comment.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hughlander posted:

AITA For Ruining My Husband's Christmas?

Husband: I gave you $600 as a present so you could use 100% of it on buying me a Present! Why didn't you understand that! I'm angry and you need to apologize for not spending all the money I gave you on me!

This is why we fight the war on Christmas

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Help, my partner just learned she is actually able to orgasm and now she wants to do it together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Nothing weird about drinking wine in the bathroom before a lunchtime work party