Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

1stGear posted:

mid or i curse your family unto seven generations

your mother farms creeps in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
^^^^^^^^^Why did you not kick him out and also call the cops after he assaulted a human

ShootaBoy posted:

Just divorce her, she's the rear end in a top hat for calling a minor chub "rapey"

Yeah if you ever use that word about something your partner did that relationship should probably end asap

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, nice makeup. For a clown to wear, to the grocery store

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Neito posted:

Pop culture has told me thousands of times that "guys don't make passes at girls that wear glasses", but I've literally never found this to be true. Are there really people out there who think that glasses look bad?

Pop culture has told me that women are at their most beautiful when they take off their glasses, let their hair down, and turn away from a mirror, so the glasses logically must be holding them back

Zurtilik posted:

AITA for asking my wife to not bring her stuffed animal to restaurants with us all the time?

Timothy: Origins

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

blatman posted:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618442/

edit: also pretty sure his nerdiness played a significant role in the story progression of the riddick franchise

Vin Diesel allegedly introduced Judi Dench to D&D on the set of Chronicles of Riddick

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm sorry you had to find out like this but "rock hard" is just an expression

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah eventually neighbor is going to either a) lawyer up for real or b) shoot you and/or your dog

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

I figured we would be okay because she tells me when she thinks she is about to ovulate and I pull out during those times

This makes it sound like a lot of their encounters ended with her shouting "oh poo poo, pull out, I gotta ovulate!"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Counter argument: MIL can fall in a well and drown

Maybe there's something to be said for both sides of the argument? :colbert:

Compromise: go to the day labor agency, get a contract to dig a well, when it's done push MIL into it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

does anyone in the thread want to co-sign a loan with me? It would be for a boat. The boat will be mine but if you come over you can ride on it with me

give me your house baby name boat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
One weird trick to buy a house with no money upfront, financially responsible people hate it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tetramin posted:

I don’t know poo poo about claims like this, but from what I’ve seen people in this thread say, he bought the crypto before marriage and kept it separate from all other finances right? It seems like the wife has no claim over that. Hopefully what dingus and wingus are doing here makes it breaking the law

It's not so much "breaking the law" as something that will be unwound and clawed back by the court if they find out about it and determine she does have a claim to it and there's nothing you can do to stop them (other than I guess successfully arguing they aren't communal property). Everyone who tries to hide assets thinks they're the first one to try it

Either way, he's the rear end in a top hat for saying "that bitch steals nothing" and for owning crypto in the first place

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 26, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

There Bias Two posted:

I'm pretty sure they have low-profile ones now that are more like a bra. You can walk around and go about your day while pumping.

Aside from the whole "emitting a weird noise" thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Halloween Jack posted:

It's still stunning to me that people can not only blow thousands and thousands of dollars on toys, they can blow it on virtual toys in video games that will eventually vanish.

At that level it's indistinguishable from gambling, you just get to play a video game for a bit before it sinks in your money is gone

Not coincidentally, modern slot machines have basically become video games by now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maiden posted:

They were uploaded at the same time and the uploader hosed up the names and now it's long standing forums lore(aka a joke).

It was actually intentional. One of them was being iterated on in a live thread so some troll bought the other one under the name the thread was hoping to use for it. Nothing to do but finish perfecting it and then buy it under the name that would have been more appropriate for the other one. I just don't remember which was which.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

coronatae posted:

Interesting, I always imagined it with the same inflection one would use when saying "and stay out!"

In the original post it seemed more like it was delivered with a dismissive eyeroll

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope the story is fake too but this is why you should always chip your cats

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hellblazer187 posted:

why would this lady take care of a tree that's not on her property?

Apparently it's some kind of covenant obligation:

quote:

While they are on council land and the council planted them, the upkeep (fertilising, trimming, weeding, removal of fallen lemons) is the responsibility of the home owners.

I guess lovely HOAs or some equivalent are a problem in England too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think if someone unexpectedly sticks their hand in your mouth you're allowed to fight them even if you don't have a bridge

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't worry, he'll probably come back as a clone or a robot or an alternate universe copy or something

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Lone Badger posted:

there is no way for a property to leave a HOA.

If you can get a majority of the HOA board you can do whatever you want. I'm pretty sure there's been at least one story like this posted where someone allied with a bunch of neighbors to take over a rotten HOA and have it vote to dissolve itself.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for yelling at my boyfriend and his mom?

"ok, he's not my partner any more, and his mom can go gently caress herself"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm curious how they communicate to the 6-year-old what today's pronouns are. Like is there a magnetic board on the refrigerator or what

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

kimbo305 posted:

So the OP just willingly reported the complaint to the person who she was complaining about?

OP told person to pass on the message “I need to talk to my OB” but not about what. OB called back and OP explained the whole situation only to them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for not giving a plus one to my BIL to my wedding???

“Sorry, you can’t bring her in, you’re not engaged”

“Hey, wanna get married?”

“Yeah sure whatever”

“We’re engaged, get out of the way”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't we only have the sister's word on how the brother is doing? And they've had minimal contact for years? And he started crying when she wouldn't back him up on this? For all we know he's down to his last savings and the lawyer is working pro bono

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hawowanlawow posted:

loving around while playing board games or card games does pretty much ruin the game. I'm ambivalent about the pub trivia, and don't give a poo poo about the charity race

some people definitely do that because they didn't want to play the game, so they undermine it to manipulate the situation. it's frustrating because even if it's obvious that's what they're doing, you can't really call them out on it without looking like a prick.

I don't think op's girlfriend is doing this, but in my experience, they're just getting rid of distractions from what they really want to do: get shitfaced drunk

Yeah it sounds like the solution here is stop insisting your girlfriend share all your hobbies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Halloween Jack posted:

My favourite recent one was "My religious family disowned my gay brother. After he died we decided to defraud his partner of his rightful inheritance. Now this is coming back on us and I don't know why!"

That one was a real doozy. IIRC the number involved was nearly a million dollars and they got it by pressuring the executor to violate her fiduciary duty. Then got all confused as to how the brother's longtime partner had a copy of the will.

I hope the reason it's never been updated is that the whole family is now living under an overpass with no internet access

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You've come to the right place, we have lots of experts on spine tax

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sullat posted:

Honey, I don't believe women are inferior to men, I just believe that you are inferior to me!

Really, I don't believe you're inferior to me, we're just forced by society to behave as though that's the case at all times, even when we're alone in our own home

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dramatika posted:

It was a HOA joke :v:

It may have been a joke but it really is how co-ops work. When you buy into a co-op what you're really buying is a number of shares in the legal entity that owns the building, and those shares are accompanied by the exclusive right to occupy a certain apartment. You make recurring payments to the co-op because it's responsible for all the public and non-habitable areas of the building. I think it's even an actual HOA legally, just not one that can be used for abuse because no one has a lawn or an exterior paint job to complain about.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Antivehicular posted:

That woman is going to die in childbirth and the brother needs a convenient dumping spot for the corpse(s), so why not someone else's yard?

Alternatively, that woman is going to die in childbirth and the brother needs someone who can be sued over it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When the fixed costs of going to the grocery store are effectively zero you can do it as often as you like

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Going to be a brief boom in courthouse marriages followed a few days later by very amicable divorces

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hawowanlawow posted:

I found a new contender for biggest doormat. Prepare to be bored and frustrated

Recently married. My SIL took my photographer at my reception for an hour and had him do HER ENGAGEMENT PICS!!

Update:

Announce your pregnancy at their wedding

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol at trying to drive around the heart of manhattan and getting surprised and angry that traffic sucks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Well how else am I supposed to find good henchmen? This volcano lair isn't going to build itself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also periodically mutter "where is it"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Give her the most lucrative assignments and let her gently caress them up until ownership agrees the projected cost of keeping her exceeds fighting the termination lawsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you have 8 figures of assets and debts your business should be structured so you aren't personally liable. If you *are* personally liable for business debts she's right to freak out

Also maybe if you sit your wife down and give her a full financial picture instead of going all "don't you worry your pretty little head" she won't freak out just because the numbers are large