Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

really curious how this happened and who hosed up. i assume they're not using real guns, so it might be like how brandon lee died: something got lodged in the barrel and then he shot a blank, which pushed it with enough force to fatally wound him.

what a horrible tragedy. jeeze. somebody hosed up real bad, and i'm not even sure it was alec baldwin. prop master has some explaining to do

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Steadiman posted:

Yeah the camera crew walked off. partially because of huge safety issues on set, explicitily gun safety but also turnaround and hours. This whole show was an accident waiting to happen apparently.

Starting to feel a lot less sympathy for Baldwin. As a producer, he could have stopped this accident from happening. Hell, even if he wasn't a producer, he has enough showbiz clout to make sure safety is a priority.

I guess we'll find out more soon, but it's not looking good for him imo.

(why the gently caress were there live rounds on set? what the hell happened?)

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Gutcruncher posted:

Unless there’s a news story I’m missing, “live rounds” refers to blanks. They’re live as opposed to dummy rounds, which don’t fire at all

dangit i can't keep up with this terminogy. now live rounds aren't actually live rounds and real guns used as props are different than 'prop guns'.

Steadiman posted:

Yeah same here. Lot of damning info about the whole production coming in from crew members actually on it. Unfortunately these stories are not unique at all.

Another disturbing detail from the article is that this alledgedly happened during a rehearsal, not an actual take. This would be incredibly bad because during rehearsals you're not supposed to be using the actual weapon , or at the very least a completely unloaded weapon (blanks or not). I don't know how much truth there is to that but it's absolutely horrifying if it is true, and something the prop master or first AD should absolutely have caught.

One clarification, mentioned in the linked article too, but live rounds on a film set doesn't have to refer to bullets. Blanks are also considered live rounds. Anything that could make the weapon actively dangerous really. Bit of confusion going round about that particular term since people logically conclude "live" means an actual bullet was loaded. Not saying it wasn't but that hasn't been confirmed and it is more likely it was a blank.

thank you for the clarification. you know a lot more about this sort of thing than i do.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 22, 2021