Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That's messed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I wonder if there was some sort of fragmentation of whatever was discharged from the barrel. That would explain killing one and injuring another, although I suppose it's also possible it went perfectly straight and the director was standing directly behind the the director of videography

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Maybe the barrel exploded outwards due to some sort of obstruction? Is that possible?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The crew was non-union and Alec Baldwin, as producer, would be at least partially responsible for the decision to hire clearly unqualified non-union crew, likely either to save money or because he was worried an IATSE strike would delay production.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-fires-gun-kills-cinematographer-wounds-director-on-rust-set-1234673555/

quote:

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on the New Mexico set of the film “Rust” after she was shot by a prop gun fired by the film’s star and producer, Alec Baldwin. IATSE Local 44, which covers prop masters, sent an email to its members early Friday morning that said the gun used in the scene contained “a live round” and the production’s propmaster was not a member of Local 44. Director Joel Souza also was hit and injured by a bullet and was treated at an area hospital before being released.

So I guess all the theorycrafting was unnecessary, the gun just had a live round in it and it's that simple. It probably passed directly through the videographer who was killed and into the director.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I know disproving someone that dumb is pointless but nobody is trying to ban prop guns and an improperly configured prop gun is the issue here. It has nothing to do with normal guns

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I know, I know I'm sorry

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

wait who is trying to take away my penis

Me. Give it to me now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

how is battman formed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm an idiot but it definitely seems like the easiest thing would be to have a fake gun that can't fire but still has a moving slide / bolt or whatever so it can result in some real seeming recoil. Then you add bangs and flashes later which is super easy to do