Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Equipping 2 life staffs lol and lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain the “you can equip two light staffs” bug to me? Couldn’t you do that anyways, or is it letting you dual wield them or something?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does it make sense to make an alt ever? I’m almost 30 but have never really tried anything but magic weapons. I guess stat allocation will be funky if I don’t make an alt?

VV Thanks!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

also lol towns being downgraded because taxes are going to the ether while the town upkeep is still ticking down

Amazon's response

vOv

The best part is the “We look forward to seeing you again soon”

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Per my usual mmo history I will never get to max level or participate in the things that make the game worthwhile, i.e raids, pvp, etc.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just run heavy armor lifestaff

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

My favorite part is no minimap because MY IMMERSION. Never mind literally every other piece of UI which the same argument could be made for.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just make the minimap not show opposing faction members.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

i feel like at this point "lol and lmao" is losing it's lustre

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I think the key to enjoying this game is to not know anything about anything, or what you are doing or why, and then do all that as little as possible,
I caught a fish!
This checks out. I have no idea what I’m doing, am leveling slowly because I have little time, and in the mean time logging in to kill some skeleton pirates (which seem to be 90% of the mobs in game) is pretty fun. Seems like a Herculean effort to get logging up. I feel like it takes a hundred trees to level up one skill level. Also, one of my lifestaff abilities used to have splash and would put a small regen on whoever got splashed and that’s gone now so whatevs. I’m probably super gimped and doing a lot of wrong things but it is a video game after all!!!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any Light Staff users want to share their build or point me to one? I am basically 100% solo right now and using Sword + Shield along with LS. I've thought about switching something else in, but eventually I want to be helpful in group PVE and PVP with heals, so keeping LS up is a must. One Void Gauntlet is on live, I think I'll use that as my secondary.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I did lifestaff to 20 solo, I used this guide and build. It worked pretty great but I haven't played much since the lifestaff nerfs. Single target heals sucked at the time and ate up allll my mana, aoe heals worked really well. Beacon is awesome and a nice way to weave in healing while also lowering your time to kill stuff as that was my biggest nuke, the flow was charge up a heavy attack and mash beacon right when you let go and then a light attack. Light attacks lowering your healing cd is reallllllly nice. The guide is slightly outdated in language on some spells but w/e. Make sure to look the 2-3 good perks for a light staff user and try and get those on gear from the market, it was usually really easy for me. Fortify on aoe heal was the most important but I'm not sure that is still in game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/q0o8jj/my_support_build_as_a_healer_main/

Thanks! My LS build was kinda all over the place, and I'm already digging the respec to this.

Is it still the case that heavy armor is literally the only armor that makes sense for 100% of builds?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like things are dying a lot faster now with LS. Don't know if it is true or if there is a contributing factor because I never pay attention to my damage output. Mobs are dropping faster though.

The 10% run speed on roads is really nice.

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 18, 2021

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do I need to be wary of rando's coming up to me and trading me a single piece of food? I'm just thinking, if it was duped, I could get banned. Someone tried to trade me a single meal and I declined for this reason... but also why would I need that.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah, sounds like someone trying to take as many people down with them as possible.

I hope accepting the trade window doesn't get me banned. :ohdear: Once I saw he was trading me a piece of food I declined it tho.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The key is to be lower level than the rest of the guild and not able to participate in any of the brokeness. Sorry SFD, I'll be able to contribute ONE DAY. If we're still playing this game...

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was running around Windsward when all of a sudden a queue popped up I have to wait in to continue playing. OK.

e: JK i guess the server is down now

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 23, 2021

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What lvl do you think Jeff is?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

a few people who could not transfer who opted to reroll instead and are already 60 and ready for war tomorrow

Jesus Krishna. I know I'm not the fastest leveler in the world but I've got 60 hours in the game and I'll be hitting 40 this weekend.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also lol I now have two broken/incompletable quests in my journal. Maybe I can fill it up with broken quests and then uninstall

Edit: LOL, their bug report system is to post in a thread with more than 700 posts in it, and guaranteed no human will ever read those posts. Nah not doing that.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 3, 2021

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems like most things are extraordinarily cheap. Every time I look at material prices, most things are selling less than .05 per unit. As I level, I can replace my entire armor set and weapons for less than 50g. It's nice but also it sucks to not be able to sell anything for more than 10g or so.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought motes already had that change.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
AGS just trolling at this point. They know the game is doomed so why not go out with a bang.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Happened all the time in DAoC

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also lol, lmao, and if I may, rofl.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

lol and lmao if anyone here is actually still playing this hot garbage

the only excuse would be literal brain damage

:(

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tbh I just seek mindless number-go-up after work to relax, and new world is OK to look at, awesome to listen to, and the combat is satisfying to me. I’m only 40 because I like to take my time, and it’ll be a bonus if things are better by the time I hit 60 however unlikely.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For all it's problems, Warhammer Online had great PvP and you didn't have to wait until max level to participate. It still boggles my mind that there is no PvP to be had in New World earlier beyond flagging yourself to get ganked by level 60 assholes. I remember being fairly effective as a level 30 Black Orc on a keep siege and it owned.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It’d be nice if they had arenas attached to the cities for ffa pvp. I won’t flag because why would I do that pre-60 but if there was a relatively penalty free spot near each city to just gently caress around and launch life bolts at people before getting clocked I’d enjoy that.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm not judging you by any metric, but I for one can't spend a single cent on actiblizzard ever again.

That and while I enjoyed D3, it's very flawed and was more flawed when it came out

I work in finance and I always have a streaming quote for ATVI up because I just want to see them plummet. :blastu:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think a lot of people confuse ganking which is fine and acceptable if you’re flagged for pvp, and griefing (e.g corpse camping) which is not fun and shouldn’t be acceptable.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I logged in yesterday to find out I had no motivation to continue. Welp.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don’t understand why dungeons have to be locked behind orbs. Other games let you run dungeons as long as you have time and willing people.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

Time gating dungeons is pretty common

I don't think it is though. I've (unfortunately) played pretty much every MMO out there and in my experience, they may timekeep special versions of the dungeons but you can still do the content as much as you want. I also hate to beat a dead horse but it's as though Amazon wants to put as many barriers in place as possible on having fun. Not to tin foil, but (tin foil incoming)- now that they've made all the money they're going to make, wouldn't it be more profitable if the game failed at this point?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Life Staff should have been like chloromancer.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Vanguard suffered perma-death under Smedley. :( The emulator is so broken and devoid of features and content with no population that it doesn’t count.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Wildstar was fun until like lvl 35 or something.

Wildstar was chock full of personality. So much so that they forgot to build a fun game.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I logged in to check and see if I had the same issue, because I too am level 41 with about 70 hours. I am not banned unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

this game really had it all drama wise

I don’t know. Was there ever a cloudsong-like meltdown? That would be completion for me. The last achievement if you will.