Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Great Cleave PVP missions have consistently provided some of the best open world pvp so far. Go here if you need to farm PvP tokens to get your broken rear end 520 set or want to find small engagable groups to fight.

- Missions are fast and close to town, meaning it’s a great place to farm rep and tokens. You get about 2k tokens for s full loop.
- Not a controllable zone, so you don’t really get big zergs (which usually only exist to push influence)
- Decent lodestone spawns nearby, there’s a cave nearby that spawns a wolf that can be mined for a water quintessence

For extra bad manner, you can camp the spot right north of town that the PVP countdown timer runs out at very easily. There are some rocks that form a natural choke point and people almost always just beeline down the road. Set up one dude on top of the rocks/hills on the west side of the road to spot and a dude hiding behind the rocks right along the road and make people mad by ganking them right as their timer runs out. I’ll do this with a musket/spear friend as a spotter and myself as an ice/fire mage as the ambusher and it works out very well. It makes it super easy to get them trapped in all sorts of ice bullshit, and they either tunnel vision you while you kite then and so mage things or try to run back to town and get musketed down.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They 100% swap to free-to-play with a premium monthly sub when player counts bottom out. The azoth system seems like it was basically designed to sell players a cap increase / daily regen.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Have they said anything about when transfers will be re-enabled? Maybe I’m missing some communication channel but they seem to be pretty quiet about a lot of the open issues.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Glad to see outpost rush getting turned back on. It’s Something To Do TM at 60 that isn’t making your number maybe go up by 1 by running the same chest/elite farms for 6 more hours. Should be good for the economy as well, as I bet a lot of the 60s sitting around with nothing to do will feel a lot better about throwing 1k at leveling tradeskills when they can make that in an hour of instanced PVP.

As someone with the token cap bug, glad to see I’ll be able to get the last few pieces.

This is assuming any of this even works, and they don’t have to roll back features (again)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

BombiTheZombie posted:

The amount of bootlicks eager to slobber Amazons knob on reddit is astounding. Bezos-chan wont invite you to his space rocket no matter how much you whiteknight this broke rear end cashgrab.

PS. game still poo and bad.

no you see it’s perfectly acceptable to make a boring rear end game catered towards selling hats because it has MASS APPEAL

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
how long until someone figures out arbitrary JS execution

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It’s still a kludgey solution, but I dealt with almost all of these inventory limits by just throwing poo poo on the market for 2x the price

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Hiding inside animal corpses and ambushing dudes owns

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if there was some ability on the dagger that let you run around with your nameplate behaving like it was in “crouch” mode

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
they named it lumberyard cause they’re really dropping some logs over here

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
not expecting AOE to be the meta is another big “wait have you guys evert played or even thought about a video game???” moment

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

MaxPowers posted:

I get the water mark stuff, but he gets purples and frequent drops. I get greens and not as many. Willing to bet that none of the % find stuff works.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if luck gear actively hurts your % find chance

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

I said come in! posted:

What other weapon combinations work for this exploit?

I wonder if you could do it with any melee weapons? Hacksaw great axe with the damage on light attack perk would be lol

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So a mix of drama and transfers appears to have cannibalized the green faction on my low pop server. A big chunk of the PvP/PVE core transferred off, leaving one remaining smaller guild that is actually organized and a whole bunch of level 40-50s who complain in faction chat about the state of wars (not getting in, losing, complaining about where wars are fought)

The exclusive nature of wars is super toxic, and I expect this has happened on a lot of servers (or will soon). You very much get a core group per faction that does most of the actual warring, and then a lot of salty onlookers. Lots of whining in faction chat from players who have never fought in or organized a war talking about how things should be done without the means or motivation to actually do it themselves. Especially on a lower pop server, it feels like once a group cements themselves as the stronger faction it’s almost impossible to stop them - if their best 50 has a gear/organization/sweat advantage and beats your best 50, you’re kinda just hosed.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Biowarfare posted:

lol what is this ss

This is hilarious and I absolutely called this on day 1 when I saw how much gold you end up with after doing the starting quests for a few hours. Abuse steam family share to get a bunch of risk free accounts, spam starting quests and trade your gold to a single bank character and then RMT it.

DaitoX posted:

I thought at level 60 you spam global chat with "join outpost rush queue, already 16 in queue"!

TBH this will 100% be the thing that makes me transfer. Even if it’s a buggy poo poo show, OR is an easy 300 gold / 200 azoth for a game that I’ve never seen go longer than 20 minutes. It’s hands down the best income you can consistently make at 60 and I can’t even queue it on my dead server lol

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
This whole wealth transfer pause is kind of wild because like… how long does it last? There is an operational goal of “fixing the bugs and dishing out bans” that seems like it is at least moderately time consuming. Are we just looking at weeks of no trading here? How long until someone figures out some way to trade anyways?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Pro tip now is the time to use material converters. Usually they’re not worth it because the tax on them is wild, but currently there is no tax on crafting so you can convert all your useless tannin and solvent to flux for cheap as hell

Edit - nevermind these still tax lol

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 2, 2021

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I haven’t tested it but rumor is that foods with different durations stack so you can have a bunch of different health regen foods ticking at once

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
https://forums.newworld.com/t/dev-blog-pvp-war-and-territory/494952

It’s too bad the game is absolutely on fire, because these all seem like pretty reasonable and welcome changes. PVP luck bonus and watermark from PvP drops is dope.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

poemdexter posted:

I don't think outpost rush is good. With my 590 fire staff, my heavy attacks are hitting for like 500-800. This is nothing when people have like 10k+ hp. People just don't die because of all the permanent AoE healing circles everywhere. The best combos are heavy whatever with a dedicated healer because they can just keep walking forward and never die. There's also the brute bug where a team can all of a sudden be able to summon like 5 brutes from one token? I feel they need to tone down the healing for sure. It's just a clusterfuck of people swinging at each other on points and no one is dying. Also it's 50/50 if my fireball is actually gonna register as a hit.

As soon as your team has 1 cap, go kill a mob and get 25 azoth to buy “Battle Bread” in the shop. I have absolutely no idea what the actual math is, but if I had to guess it’s a multiplicative bonus and feels incredibly strong.

I’ve had multiple 20+ kill games with fire staff (and not even a good one, 540GS with a crit talent) and it really just comes down to ignoring people with heavy faction armor. Unless your server is abnormally sweaty, there should be plenty of people wandering around in light/medium who will still get absolutely demolished by heavy attack crits + fireball. Just find them and make their life sad instead of standing there and clicking on the blob of heavy dudes standing in AOE.

The demon spam, especially when it’s made worse by the north side skipping out in pregame to get a head start, is hands down the worst part of the game mode. It is very unfun to play on a point that has a demon on both sides, alternating their big vacuum attacks to just pull you endlessly from one side of the outpost to the other.

I think with the current bugs around resilience and onyx gems it’s too hard to make a statement on “healing is OP” - so much of this feels like it’s really a mitigation issue. I do expect that we will need to see some buffs to light/medium and nerds to heavy, because even with the resilience bugs being fixed there’s still basically no reason to use light or medium. Kinda wild that a heavy great axe user not only has the best defense in the game, but also the best mobility and dps.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 3, 2021

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Local economy isn’t meaningful when you can magic yourself and your full inventory from point A to point B - it’s just tedium at that point. Believe me, I’d prefer if this game was “eve online but prettier graphics” but it’s lame and makes a bad game if you only half commit to “hardcore sandbox mmo” mechanics

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Great axe is so ridiculously overtuned it’s not even funny. Not only do you have the best ranged aoe CC in the game, you have the best dash skill and then a free 30% move speed in heavy armor. Then on top of all of this you do crazy damage and even with resil fixed you take 1/3 the damage of anyone who had the gall to play light armor. I’ll eat my poo poo in outpost rush but holy poo poo is it unfun to play droves of greataxe/warhanner heavy armor blobs. I really hope we start to see some more actual balance patches now that the majority of the game breaking bugs are out of the way.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ad by Khad posted:

heavy armor melee deathballs were unstoppable pre-resilient fix and it's nice that ranged can pvp now

melee are still tremendously important for war but in outpost rush they are quite killable. what got the biggest nerf were the huge 450 con tanks who used to never die and now frequently do and it's hilarious when they get mystified about it

There is still almost nothing you can do about heal/tank meta. Heavy armor is still too strong. Any group that is not running full great axe/war hammer/heavy armor for anyone who is not a heal is intentionally gimping themselves in anything bigger than a 5v5. Until they significantly increase the damage bonuses for light/medium or nerf the gently caress out of great axe (seriously it’s the most broken poo poo) this is not changing

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
you don’t need to be good to gently caress up escspes as a great axe. You have the best dash in the game and then you get a free 15% run speed boost. If this wasn’t enough to get you on top of someone, you can use your ranged aoe stun or ranged pull.

I tested this a bit with a friend the other day in duels and as a great axe in heavy you can keep up with bow rapier, bow hatchet, and fire staff rapier by just looking at them and occasionally pressing dash

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Devs confirmed great axe / warhammer gamers

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
AGS seems uhhh really bad at balancing.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

cosmicjim posted:

For pvp, how do you get the most damage out of fire staff? Spec 100% int and then what? Crit damage perks? Honing stone? Int food? Any other tips/items?

Refreshing pillar of fire is an absolute meme in any game mode where you can reliably get 3+ people on a point. Both in outpost rush and wars you can basically machine gun it as long as you have mana and it is incredibly hilarious.

Enchanted on weapons seems to be big - I have a 540 fire staff with enchanted that does more heavy attack damage than a few random 570-580 staffs I’ve tried without it. Check out the faction staff - that’s probably the most reliable source.

I can check later but the gist of my build is deep enough in the right tree to get fully talented burn out, then pillar + fireball talents and anything damage based in the right tree. I’ve messed around with incinerate a bit and it’s damage is really good, but it’s a very slow and telegraphed animation so it’s pretty hard to hit.

Light (medium chest, rest light) will be the most damage, but for any dps build I’d recommend 22.9 medium (heavy head, chest, light legs, medium hands and feet) for the sake of not dying, especially if you’re playing ice gauntlet which is basically a melee weapon

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 15, 2021

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Merrill Grinch posted:

Refining material converters. Buy a pile of worthless tannin, turn it into flux and sell at 40 times what you paid for it? You know, if we were allowed to buy or sell today I guess.

Aren’t these almost always a lovely return? Every time I’ve looked at using them the taxes for the crafting action have been higher than the cost to just buy a bunch of the refining mats.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I’m not sure to be honest - they are probably easy to bot since most of the missions are super static (go stand in area, chop wood, interact with crate that’s always in the same location) and the missions are always the same (unlike the PVE missions that are randomly selected)

They have the obvious downside of being able to be ganked though, which seems like it would nullify any efficiency improvement that are gained from the missions themselves being easy to run. They give garbage gold and rewards if you don’t actually want to craft bags/chests or wear pvp gear (which still owns). I can’t see them being better gold per hour than running a fishing or gathering bot. Maybe the nerfs to starter quest gold are significant enough that it’s easier to just bot faction missions for 20 gold per turn in?

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is paying the botters to defend their territory, or if the owners of the territory themselves are running them to defend their RMT empire, but that seems kinda high risk and not sustainable. I know if someone was doing this on my sever I would absolutely spend an hour or two ganking bots whenever I was bored.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
22.9 medium (heavy chest+head, medium gloves+boots, light legs) owns and should probably be the only thing that you wear as a dps. It has a really good balance of mitigation while still providing a ton of mobility via the medium dodge, which is arguably better than the light roll for anything other than kiting

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Already made 10k selling void gauntlets - not even good ones, crafting 520-550 with mostly base mats

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I assume the nerfs to crafting and chest runs are them desperately trying to do something to retain players without realizing that making the game less fun is going to achieve the opposite.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
lol my server (themiscyra) apparently got time warped overnight - rip stations. It’s under maintenance now but I assume all my listings got cancelled too?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Zotix posted:

The dev post that was crossposted on the subreddit is murder. The comments are bloodbath.

Making excuses that a lot of these changes were from beta changes that made it into this patch. Lol and lmao.

“Oh whoops we ‘accidentally’ promoted a group of anti-player changes intended to slow down progression that were ‘accidentally’ undocumented and left off of the PTR! Sorry guys honest mistake we promise!”

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The faction PvP quests are shaping up to be a pretty significant nerf to influence pushing and faction token grinding. Not only do you have to deal with more spread (since not everyone will have the same missions any more) but some of the missions just can’t be completed.

If you get the mission to take the fort and your team already owns it, you cannot complete the mission. If you get the mission to get PvP kills, and no one is contesting your influence push, it’s basically a dead mission.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Anita Dickinme posted:

There’s also a mission in Great Cleave, not sure about other territories, to grab some things from chests. Well you can pick up the quest even though the chest haven’t reset because it doesn’t reset them for the mission or give you another area to go to. So you essentially have to sit there picking up and dropping missions until you get the ones you can do.

So more missions is cool and all but it just fucks everything up. But it wouldn’t be AGS if it was good.

I think this one works? At least for me the other day it did the thing where it lets you loot the chest again and get only the faction widget. I wouldn’t be surprised if that breaks in some scenarios

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
https://nwdb.info/db/perk/perkid_ability_voidgauntlet_nullchamber_nullify

lol and/or lmbo @ this perk removing not only talent/weapon based buffs (likely the intended behavior) but also removing character buffs such as honing stones, stat foods, etc. I’m not even sure if it’s a bug as much as neglectful design and AGS not even really thinking about what they were implementing.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Tenzarin posted:

All I have done in new world for the past 4 days is stand in one spot and kill a single elite mob for multiple hours(lets not focus on how many hours per day :negative:), to make my brainworms stronger.

This is what that looks like,

I've heard it both ways, but the only thing I see is every single armor type has its own watermark.

Here's all my watermarked gear so far. Now it may seem that things are very close together in level but I watched every item type slowly go up. Ignore the 590 warhammer, that's from the AH it doesn't count for my watermark. Literally the only thing outside of killing this elite every minute is you look at the 1 drop he sometimes drops. From what I've seen, everything slowly climbs on it's own.

The more I do this, the more secure in my mind that the average player will never do this grind. This is a dead system.

In my mind, there are 15 drops for armor, 3 shields drops, and 12 weapon type drops. When I look at the spread of my watermark. My armor and shields are the highest, they make up 18 drops of 30 potential drops. So that makes armor not sharing watermark with slot seem more real to me also.

Anecdotally I have seen the same results. I don’t care enough to track it but my armor watermarks seem to be like 45->50 GS higher across the board than my weapons.

The good thing about the dumb watermark system is you can just ignore it and buy poo poo. On my server the 600 perfect rolls go for 20-30k, but the 590-something items are significantly cheaper (1-5k) and are 99% as effective. If you really want good gear you’re probably better off grinding outpost rush or whatever else you can do to make money for a week and then just buy the poo poo you want.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 22, 2021

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Can’t wait to see what they gently caress up with their rollback attempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

LuckyCat posted:

What lvl do you think Jeff is?

Based on their approach for balancing weapons I assume they’re all level 32 great axe / warhammer players who dueled a mage once outside of WW