Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ad by Khad posted:

health potions

Ahhh yea I see it now. So it looks like the 4x level range is where the money is currently. I'm still buying all the tier 3 potion regents I can for under 1 and any of the 4/5 for under 2. Also cooking ingredients, forever cooking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/qjzta8/timeskip_bug_still_live_bifrost_just_jumped_over/?sort=confidence

another world skipped ahead by 40 days

lol and lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
lol rip if true

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I went on vacation for a week and a half - holy hell what happened.

I'm level 50, should I even keep playing?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

arbybaconator posted:

I went on vacation for a week and a half - holy hell what happened.

I'm level 50, should I even keep playing?

The crazy train has kept on rolling despite being out a tracks.

Mileage varies depending on who you play with, what bugs that individual server has, and if you care about [INSERT GAME MECHANIC] and want to use/abuse whatever you plugged in.

At the rate their "fixes" are creating new bugs we have about 4 more patches before no one is able to log in.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
At level 60 all you do is go into top level zones and loot all the chests without fighting a single mob anyway, because they're so easy to bug out. To get your watermark up. Since 99% of the gear is worthless.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
lol what is this ss

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
I thought at level 60 you spam global chat with "join outpost rush queue, already 16 in queue"!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

The de-sync issues have gotten progressively worse with the latest patch as well for both melee and spells. Taking the Dev effortpost about how they are not client authoritative as the gospel leads you to conclude that their server modeling of playing positioning and physics is pretty poo poo and that’s not going to get better quickly.

It makes sense I guess, if they coded a load of game mechanics to be doing client side calculations, they'll have done all their load testing and optimisation based on the client doing loads of the work. The more of these issues they patch out, the more work the servers will be having to do that wasn't accounted for when they stress tested it etc.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Biowarfare posted:

lol what is this ss

This is hilarious and I absolutely called this on day 1 when I saw how much gold you end up with after doing the starting quests for a few hours. Abuse steam family share to get a bunch of risk free accounts, spam starting quests and trade your gold to a single bank character and then RMT it.

DaitoX posted:

I thought at level 60 you spam global chat with "join outpost rush queue, already 16 in queue"!

TBH this will 100% be the thing that makes me transfer. Even if it’s a buggy poo poo show, OR is an easy 300 gold / 200 azoth for a game that I’ve never seen go longer than 20 minutes. It’s hands down the best income you can consistently make at 60 and I can’t even queue it on my dead server lol

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Pussy Snorkel posted:

The game had great potential, and I was strongly in the "it's not that bad yet" camp for a long time, but honestly the approach to resolving and punishing exploits is very much the same way fo76 was handled (resolve at their leisure, don't actually punish). This kills a game for me. It's hard to feel good about my 300+ hour "investment" when some jackass on a family share account can exploit their way up and beyond in a fraction of the time.
super agreed on this. There are a lot of parts I like about this game but we’re about to go into our 3rd or 4th defense against forty Hatchet abusers who run around at 130% speed in heavy armor with 15-20k+ effective hp and two-shot me. Maybe they’ll fix it in a few days, maybe they’ll break more poo poo? Either way they don’t seem to give a gently caress about stopping the behavior even though it has pretty meaningful in-game impact.

It’s pretty tiresome when every patch turns into “hmm, wonder what exploits we’ll have to overcome in war THIS time”

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

:five:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol and lmao

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

rofl

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/C/critical-mass.html

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Except the list also needs to grow each time they click

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Can anyone recommend me a good numbers go up game that will help me scratch that itch now that this game has kinda lost it's shine for me?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Talorat posted:

Can anyone recommend me a good numbers go up game that will help me scratch that itch now that this game has kinda lost it's shine for me?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769086

That's the old sa thread for Amaranthine which is kind of interesting, although it seems like it's kinda dead.

Honestly I highly recommend Runescape, it's really good nowadays.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Talorat posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1454400/Cookie_Clicker/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rune scape is good but it can be kinda clunky. Like I haven’t totally bounced off it but it’s a bit rough.

Definitely check it out though because it’s free and you can play on your phone if you just want to check on stuff.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Trying and failing at buying things on the market, error message "coin transferal disabled". Also the only feeling worse than selling something for .01 is a popup message for 1 of those selling :smith:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Darwin_ posted:

I agree. Currently only way to dupe is to mess with packets which I believe is intermediate level game hacking. So the barrier of entry is pretty decent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/qkjsko/new_dupe_fix_your_game/ uh oh (this dupe is not new, it has existed since beta)

It's insane to me that any of you have faith in this game not completely making GBS threads the bed, since that's literally all it has ever done in its entire terrible and brief existence.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Trying and failing at buying things on the market, error message "coin transferal disabled". Also the only feeling worse than selling something for .01 is a popup message for 1 of those selling :smith:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/notice-temporarily-disabling-all-forms-of-wealth-transfers/485894 lol, lmao

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 1, 2021

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Meanwhile, remember our running talk for a few pages sometime back on why full loot was a bad idea? Well, others are still clinging...

https://forums.newworld.com/t/with-80-playerbase-loss-its-time-to-bring-back-full-loot/484646

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I've been enjoying just playing, don't my quests hitting numbers, etc. Makes me really sad that the game's now in a death spiral, or is going to hit that.

Kinda liked the game and the get in, make a number go up, do stuff feel without feeling like I was missing out on so much stuff (games with lots of daily quests make me feel like that, for example). Like a low commitment mmo with some social stuff. Is RuneScape kinda like that?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

Meanwhile, remember our running talk for a few pages sometime back on why full loot was a bad idea? Well, others are still clinging...

https://forums.newworld.com/t/with-80-playerbase-loss-its-time-to-bring-back-full-loot/484646

I liked the not full loot full loot system they had.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
the game can be fun while still making GBS threads the bed. me and the atlas goons insisted for over a year this game would poo poo the bed but the launch was a success anyway, so at that point I bought a copy and it's been pretty fuckin hilarious every day

you dont have to play the game to enjoy the weird rear end bugs, but you can

in conclusion: lol and lmao

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Sitting at under 1k gold, wishin a duper would bless me

edit: lol they deleted the video post on reddit

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 1, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If this game stays alive for 2 years it might actually be something okay and good, but who knows.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so someone said the gold dupe exploit was fake but it does seem like its real based on

https://forums.newworld.com/t/extremely-critical-duplication-exploit-methods-to-replicate-inside/485341

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol there is a bug where you can turn in town board quests that require items and keep the items lol and lmao

https://youtu.be/TGwVN51NTZ8

It’s toward the end of that video.

There’s also an outpost Rush bug where you can start on the map before anyone else (this may have been fixed already)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Another bug/exploit just popped on josh strife hayes. Well 2 actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGwVN51NTZ8

1) You can climb around the invisible wall and get on the map right at the start before the timer lets you actually exit the gates like you are supposed to

2) You can turn in items to the town board without losing the items

a) Place the items in your town storage
b) Put those items for sale on the auction house (since you can sell from storage)
c) turn in the quest. It will gladly claim to have taken the items and give you your rewards
d) cancel auction house sale to return the items

I have no idea why the items on sale are persisting in your storage. That seems like a fun bug.

Edit: doesn't work for potions though. I missed that bit in the video initially.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 1, 2021

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, something I'm wondering about, are taxes paused? I assume crafters have a lot of their money tied up into the town board / people pool money from taxes / etc, so if that is disabled, are taxes?

The idea of someone losing their house because they don't pay their taxes is amusing. Its like the bank freezing your checking account and then also expecting you to make your loan payment

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The auction house and storage interaction has been a little buggy for awhile.

When I log in, I can not create any buy orders since my storage is full. But once I run over to my storage and look at it, it shows I have like 500 units of space.

If I now run back to the market and try to put a buy order, suddenly my storage is no longer full.

I have to repeat this every time I log in.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

"Jeff Bezos is temporarily disabling all forms of wealth transfer" seems like a good thread title. Art imitates life.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Talorat posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1267910/Melvor_Idle/

This scratched an itch for me. RuneScape but without the clicking.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Lol and lmao

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Akumos posted:

Was almost certainly a troll

welp, based on them disabling all forms of trading today... almost certainly not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Wonder if they're actually considering a full wipe of servers. It'd be disasterous but now that a dupe is now all but confirmed officially nobody's gonna ever think anything is fair for a long time. It was already bad when it was just rumors.