Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJ_k75f_GQ

:siren:Buy here: Don’t buy this gamehttps://store.steampowered.com/app/1063730/New_World/ :siren:
How to play with goons.

New World is a MMORPG developed and published by Amazon Games released on September 28, 2021. The game was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 and subsequently August 2021, but was delayed to its current date. Set in the mid-seventeenth century, players colonize a fictional land that may or may not have been based upon a terrible time in history.

New World employs a buy-to-play business model instead of subscription. The game offers microtransactions in the form of skins.

With New World, the studios want players to have the chance to pursue their own path without becoming hopelessly lost but you will be. As part of the new onboarding process, Amazon has added a whole new set of missions that takes players through the first ten levels and establishes a number of important gameplay concepts with an actual Main Story Quest. Players will wash ashore on Aeternum, the mystical island that New World takes place on. The early missions will guide players toward a major settlement in one of the game's starting territories. These territories are player-controlled, so this is your introduction to the larger PvP conflict in New World. You'll be able to flag for PvP between levels 8-10 just depending on when you join a faction.

Characters will be able to use melee attacks, ranged attacks like bows and arrows, and magic-based attacks in New World as well, as well as craft and customize gear. There will be “epic wars with other players” which once again points towards a big focus on PvP. There is no class system in NW but rather each weapon has it's own set of skills you can choose from and specialize in. More on this later.

Crafting is what the team calls a "use to improve" system. As you perform a certain gathering or crafting task, you'll get better at it. You'll become faster at gathering better resources or begin to harvest better resources. For weapon and armorsmiths, you'll be able to specialize in different weapon and armor types, such as becoming a master in making swords/axes or muskets/bows.

COMPANIES AKA Guilds

Companies will include not just a way to invite and organize members, but the actual trappings of governmental structures with power organizations and the hierarchies of leadership. The company in charge of a settlement will do the basic things like decide which crafting station upgrades to make or even the fort upgrades. An ironic mechanic added by Amazon is the settlement taxes. The controlling company sets the tax rates for crafting, refining, buying/selling on the auction house and property taxes on your owned homes. If you purchase a home in a settlement you're at the complete mercy of the controlling company with property taxes so good luck.

New World has an extensive system for building camps, settlements, and forts. In other survival games like Rust or Ark: Survival Evolved, building things can sometimes be a fool's errand, because when you log back in, your carefully constructed home will be in ruins, picked apart by other players on the server. But Amazon has a solution to this common issue with a system called the War Window. With this, communities can choose when wars happen on their territory—so you don't have to worry about those 3 a.m. raids anymore.

Combat
New World has an active skill-based combat system, as opposed to the stand-and-slash combat of World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy 14. Amazon Orange County has developed a new weapon mastery system in order to add "a lot more strategic depth to the combat." Within a specific weapon, players can choose whether they want to, say, improve the damage or support capabilities of that weapon. You will have attributes but you can respec at any time for free up until level 20 then afterwards it can get a little hefty with the gold but you could go into a dungeon and decide your group needs a healer instead of a tank and can adjust everything right there. If you're using the sword and shield combo, weapon mastery is the difference between a supportive tank and a frontline vanguard fighter.

OUTPOST RUSH

Outpost Rush is a large-scale 20 v 20 PvP (with some PvE thrown in) event available to level 60 players in New World. The game will sometimes pop into a 16 v 16, depending on the queue. Outpost Rush balances resource management, objective control, and building up their forts to withstand assaults from the enemy team. It's honestly like a third person League of Legends.

You can only play a round of Outpost Rush at level 60. Just visit a settlement and find the Outpost Rush NPC and queue up. When the queue is full, the mode will start.

• Each team begins at their home forts.
  • Between the two forts, there are three Outposts that can be captured by either team: Luna, Sol, and Astra.
  • There is a full-on rush as both teams try and capture these Outposts.
  • Holding on to an Outpost will reward points, and killing other players rewards points as well. Whichever team hits 1,000 points first, wins.
  • Rewards for the event come in the form of Outpost Rush cosmetics, and rare items, and armor.

Combat can get real tight around the different Outposts, so it's a good idea to come with a decent PvP build in tow.

There are various different Objectives dotted around the map that can be claimed by either team.

You could defeat Baroness Hain (basically like Baron from League of Legends) which gives you a buff for health regen and defense. She spawns every 10 minutes.
Spend resources to build Turret Emplacements at either home fort and at two of the Outposts. These large defensive structures can be used to shoot approaching enemy players.
Players can take on one of the Corrupted Portals, defeat the enemies there, and deposit Azoth Essence (500 is needed) which can then be used to summon a bunch of Corrupted enemies to send at the opposite team. You just need to head to a Summoning Portal and use the Totem.

If you're not into PvP, there are other ways you can help your team win a round of Outpost Rush. Each Outpost has a variety of upgradeable features, like Gates and Siege Weapons, which will require resources to build.

Both teams will try and control the Outposts in order to win the game. Some members of the team should spend time gathering resources to upgrade the defense of the Outposts, particularly the Gate and Protection Wards that provide a constant buff.

• Gates keep the enemy out and can be upgraded multiple times.
  • The Command Post provides a constant buff of extra armor and damage for players on your team nearby. It can be upgraded a couple of times.
  • Large siege weapons (like massive turrets) can be built on the walls of the Outpost.
  • Protection Wards are the heart of the Outpost, preventing enemy players from claiming the Outpost and providing a respawn point for friendly players.

At each Outpost, there are two structures - The Armory and Storage Sheds - which can be used by whoever controls the Outpost.
  • Storage Sheds are where your team stores your supply of Azoth. Remember, you drop Azoth when you die, so make sure to keep this stocked up if you're about to go into battle. Your team can access it and use those resources to continue upgrading.
  • The Armory is used to spend Azoth in exchange for a bunch of different items, including potions, summoning totems, and foodstuffs, among other things.

INVASIONS
Invasion is the largest PvE experience in New World. This wave-based game mode will see 50 players defend their fort from the onslaught of corrupted enemies sieging the area. Players will have a range of weapons to help them fight off the enemy, with the ultimate test being the Void Destroyer. To win, players will need to hold off the attack for 30 minutes. But if they’re unsuccessful, the settlement's refinement/crafting stations or fort defenses will be downgraded. It's been great so far with hardly no one being level 60 and able to defend against these. The first invasion was actually a few days after launch and no one could sign up for it yet. :v:

EXPEDITIONS
In the world of Aternum, there are expeditions that groups of five players can embark on. Dungeons, these are dungeons, but with some added features like puzzles to break up the combat. At the end of these unique instances there are, you guessed it, bosses. Completing an expedition often requires a balanced party of skilled players with enough damage, tanking, and healing to survive.

WAR
Alongside the massive PvE experience that is Invasion, War is the biggest PvP experience in New World on launch. The 50-vs-50 game mode will function similarly, with the defenders attempting to hold their fort for 30 minutes while attackers look to capture three flags then break down the gates and capture it. Both attackers and defenders have a range of siege weapons to help them in combat. The winner will gain or maintain control of the territory.

Should you buy the Deluxe Edition?

Arguably, the most useful item from either the Standard or Deluxe Edition is the Isabella's Amulet item. This is just a straight-up boost for your early game. Then there's a huntsman skin

So, in conclusion: if you want to spend 10 extra dollars on some exclusive skins, go ahead. But really, there isn't a massive difference between the two, and if you purchase the Standard Edition you won't be missing out on anything too important. That Mastiff might be kind of cool, though...

Important Links
Server Status: https://www.newworld.com/en-us/support/server-status
Queue Status: https://newworldstatus.com/
NW Hub for leveling/PvP builds: https://nwhub.gg/
NW Map with recourses and other fun things: https://game-maps.com/NW/res-Hemp-Plants-Location-Map.asp

Spreadsheets! :black101:
NW Crafting Calculations
Trademan's Bible

(Not sure which one to use because I don't use either but figured they could be useful)

Media

https://i.imgur.com/2cN9GoA.mp4

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Goons don’t play anymore. Dead game is dead.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 18, 2022

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

Might wanna put a note in the royllo guild description that it may be transferring soon so not to use your free transfer to go there.

:hmmyes:

Lawlicaust posted:

In 30 days you should change the thread title to: "New World: 30 days without a new thread"

If you know, it lasts that long.

I am for this.

Kaysette posted:

Third thread’s the charm.

Got it bookmarked now? :classiclol:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

where the red fern gropes posted:

how am i supposed to find all the drama if you keep making new threads??

I’ll add a goldmine section and link the last two. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ad by Khad I am curious, what happened in the time of Fed trying to extend an olive branch and unbanning everyone and even invited me back to the Discord, giving me roles, me logging off and doing real life things and coming back to being banned from the Discord again without posting anything? :3:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

I have no idea, there hasnt really been any talk about it today

so I went and looked and not only are you not banned, you're still in it

this is dumb

edit: if you have any further questions ask street, the person who handles this

Yeah I dunno. I logged back in and I wasn’t in the server anymore. :shrug:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Turambar posted:

Updated EU info for the OP:

Updated info:
Cool Single Dad Hangout
Company Name: Cool Single Dad Hangout
Server: EU - Alioth
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on the old server due to the transfers being disabled.
Also, some of my friends play on a different server on the same shard as Alioth, so I won't be able to play with them until after some server merges.

Got it.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rexicon1 posted:

cmon, someone do some insane poo poo

im fuckin backed up over here, i need it

Graphics cards are hyping up to be the next meltdown. :getin:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

azoth cap increase used to be a thing you purchased with faction tokens, no idea why it was pulled for release

i'm nearly always capped so i would definitely appreciate it if it came back

I’m definitely calling for it to be a cash store purchase here soon.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After playing STO for years I’m never surprised at MMO math anymore. Now when I see a number i just assume it’s a third of that.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So for Commander Thorpe I may have found a good strategy for a mixed level group. Every time I had fought him before I died and didn’t get credit for the MSQ so this time I put all my points into CON but I f you can get at least two level 60 DPS to fight him and a tank and someone with a shield who has the -30% damage reduction for your allies when you block and a healer it’s insanely easy. I’m level 41 so while Mila was tanking his hits I literally just blocked and gave that DR to Mila while the other DPS hit his butt. When the adds spawn swap to your DPS weapon and help take em out. Even after losing one of our DPS I still just blocked and gave that DR to Mila and we took him down way too easy. I don’t know if this would be necessary for a full 60 group but :shrug:

I didn’t hit Commander Thorpe one time while fighting him but I still feel like I contributed. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Emulator posted:

Tried to request Auth in the East Coast discord, I have my discord info in my SA profile and linked my profile in the Discord request auth but nothing yet. Do I have to post in here too? US East Royllo.

I got you. I would have done it last night but I was in bed on my phone when I saw it and the SA paywall is up right now and didn’t feel like logging in on my phone so I figured another admin would’ve gotten you. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

Hiding inside animal corpses and ambushing dudes owns

I did this to hide from a rolling death squad of level 60s and it owned so hard. They ran right by me like twenty times and couldn’t find me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This game’s best content is this thread and it makes work so much better. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oh this is so going in the OP.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reagan posted:

I got a report, not tested, that resilience was fixed and then broken again.

Before: Worked against all damage.
Now: reduces critical damage to be less than normal attacks.

lmao

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
7,000+ hours on STO IIRC. :suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FrostyPox posted:

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a Jedi.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

theguybro posted:

drat I just popped in here and people are still playing this?

Might have to hop on in a few days and see what's up, but last I remember the goons over at Royllo got ran out of the server by Mosque and the B1ack Nationalists and Gold Nationalists or whatever their company is called.

Anyways I hope everyone is having fun despite the game being a buggy mess!

:frogout:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SubnormalityStairs posted:

So are there still goons playing on Pyrallis? The Discord link from the OP is dead, how do?

There are and we are and I just verified that the Discord link worked. At least for me. Maybe try again?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lawlicaust posted:

You are absolutely right. We should use better words to describe you.

I think bigoted piece of poo poo has a nice ring to it. At least until the inevitable happens and we get to refer to you as banned.

This made me literally lol at work and I can’t explain why I laughed so hard because I’ll get in trouble for not doing something work-related. :rubby:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:rubby:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lawlicaust posted:

I have been randomly remembering this poo poo and laughing at it all morning. What a honeypot this thread is. Please buy more parachute accounts.

New World was truly the healing experience we all needed.

Moving heavy equipment this morning and just randomly laughing about this poo poo has been a very dangerous morning for myself. :lmao:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

kedo posted:

The OP needs links to each meltdown that has occurred over the last few threads because wowwie

I was considering this but wanted to keep the actual OP game-related. I have realized just now that the OP needs links to the other threads with specific pages listed with crucial information along with links to this thread. :getin:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

idiotsavant posted:

Hyssop prices probably gonna jump some in advance of the patch. Idk if it’s much of an arbitrage opportunity tho cause it’s so easy to get and so cheap

It’ll still go up because even though we’re at peak laziness sitting down and moving fingers to play a video game some people are still too lazy to do more than go to an AH and buy what they need.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is there any skill or ability in NW kinda like a classic “rogue” from D&D or even WoW/EQ? Like a “stealth” or separate “sneak” and “hide” where you can (within reason) invis off a path to go pee without having to sign off beforehand? I want to get this game if it lasts a few months and improves on some issues (like many MMOs need) but I’ve always mained rogues even in TT and I do like DPS classes anyway. I am hoping to branch out as an Evasion/Dodge Tank in Ashes of Creation if that comes out someday, but NW’s armor woes are out of whack right now (heavy/light armor bugs).

I’m not sure if it was datamined or a rumor but there was mention of daggers in the future and we all know what kind of mechanic that’ll be. I can’t wait because I definitely prefer rogue gameplay. But as for the pee break you can like others said just prone in some bushes. This works with mobs as well. I’ve had animals higher level than me walk within a few feet of me and not agro while I was playing on my phone or something.

:siren: Does not work with skull mobs at all. :siren:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aaaaand to the OP you go.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Catching up on this thread after being away since Tuesday and holy poo poo lol and lmao

I am never not going to keep up with this game.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RisqueBarber posted:

hate to say it but lol and lmao

whats everyone playing? im extremely bored and the weekend is starting

Halo Infinite multiplayer just dropped a few days ago and it’s free. :getin:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

The faction PvP quests are shaping up to be a pretty significant nerf to influence pushing and faction token grinding. Not only do you have to deal with more spread (since not everyone will have the same missions any more) but some of the missions just can’t be completed.

If you get the mission to take the fort and your team already owns it, you cannot complete the mission. If you get the mission to get PvP kills, and no one is contesting your influence push, it’s basically a dead mission.

There’s also a mission in Great Cleave, not sure about other territories, to grab some things from chests. Well you can pick up the quest even though the chest haven’t reset because it doesn’t reset them for the mission or give you another area to go to. So you essentially have to sit there picking up and dropping missions until you get the ones you can do.

So more missions is cool and all but it just fucks everything up. But it wouldn’t be AGS if it was good.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So the chest resets in Windsward because it kept sending us to the war camp so for gaining territory influence it does work but they’ve essentially just nerfed token farming in Great Cleave and Shat Mountain.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Merrill Grinch posted:

Two bugs posted to the subreddit today are vying for being some of my favorite MMO bugs of all time.

Vote with your heart! Do you prefer...

A) One of the best fishing spots being a random spot of grass in the forest with no water around?

or

B) Rolling 1d100 on the Wandering Damage table?

:rubby:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was extremely lucky that a guy was at the turn in for the quest before and asked me if I was on that quest which I said I just got it. He said he’s been on it for a hour trying to kill him.

Killed him the second try with my rando pubbie buddy. :smug:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

the only grind necessary for pvp is to spend a small amount of coin on some gear from some idiot who did the large and terrible watermark grind. or for a bit more coin you could have some idiot who did the armoring/weaponsmith grinds make you something with a specific perk

the game is past the scarcity phase. my guild server transferred on monday and there were a few people who could not transfer who opted to reroll instead and are already 60 and ready for war tomorrow

So Fed got ran out of Royllo, eh?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just buy all your end-game gear on the AH. There's enough out there where the prices aren't too bad anymore for 550ish and another month or so the 600s will be a lot cheaper.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just remove the leveling system. No levels and the only thing you need to level is your weapon skills. You do the MSQ for stuff like upgrading your azoth staff or camps unless you’re like Wreckis and wanna rock a T3 camp the rest of the game. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raged posted:

Not yet. They are about to start the milking of the whales. They just made it harder to make the orbs to get into end game content and are about to start selling them for cash.

Don’t worry GiP goons, I am a dumb whale. We’ll have orb stacks. :black101:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:vince:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Merrill Grinch posted:

I see where you're going with this, but let me point out the utter non-stop hilarity that would happen with AGS trying to balance hobbit hitboxes.

I was imaging having Elf, Human and Dwarf factions with the Orcs being the Corrupted main PvE antagonist. Can't believe I forgot about Hobits. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My character has been deleted. What a way to end this wild ride. :rubby: