Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

The best PvP in New World is in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Btw, besides the official article for ptr, linked ah, and void gauntlet, there was a post from a dev in the forums about combat:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/dev-blog-combat-responsiveness/526907

Basically a goal of making the combat more fluid and consistent between weapons.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Can't wait to see the full release of the Halo energy sword void guantlet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am excited for the market changes since it is gonna make everything cost more.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
They really hosed this game up bad.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

JuffoWup posted:

Yesssss, void gauntlet. Looks like a promising list at least.

Edit: Actually thinking about it some more. Depending on how the healing works out, the fact that void gaunt has a healing tree and scales off int as well as focus would make it a better option for an off hand weapon to many weapons. Up to and including the musket. I've been struggling with that, but if I could go with max int musket/void gaunt while still having healing and melee, that sounds ideal for my playstyle.

Healing only scales with focus afaik. Like if you put an int gem into a life staff, the healing isn’t affected. I’m assuming it would be the same for void gauntlet or else it would be very broken.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

latest patch lookin pretty decent, just enough to warrant more hopes raised for the smashin'

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ort posted:

Healing only scales with focus afaik. Like if you put an int gem into a life staff, the healing isn’t affected. I’m assuming it would be the same for void gauntlet or else it would be very broken.

Healing is based on weapon damage. It doesn't count bonus damage from gems. And life staff damage scales exclusively to focus.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

JuffoWup posted:

Yesssss, void gauntlet. Looks like a promising list at least.

Edit: Actually thinking about it some more. Depending on how the healing works out, the fact that void gaunt has a healing tree and scales off int as well as focus would make it a better option for an off hand weapon to many weapons. Up to and including the musket. I've been struggling with that, but if I could go with max int musket/void gaunt while still having healing and melee, that sounds ideal for my playstyle.

Yep, I was thinking about the potential of a void gauntlet + musket build after they “announced” it with the PTR today, could be an interesting combo with max int 🤔 guess I’ll have to test it tomorrow

Pubkitty
Nov 2, 2021

theguybro posted:

Lol at people policing a New World thread for wrong think.

According to Harvard Health,  phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation.

People with phobias go out of their way to avoid said objects, persons, animals, activities or situations but here I am trying my best to play games and participate in activities with goons despite my "wrong think". If anything, certain people seem to poo poo their pants any time they see my name pop up.

That's why I'm glad I transfered over to the new server.

I'm just really saddened that I won't be able to play with my best friends again because this is what they think of me 😔

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Whoah super offensive posties man! Haha nah I'm joking lmao. What is this thread? Goons With Training Wheels? Goons With Kneepads? Glad you guys got your bandaids for your widdle booboos though. Inb4 these helicopter mods put me in the corner, powder your bumbums and BOW DOWN to "those who must never be offended."

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:rubby:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
oh shoot is this what they mean by an off-meds post

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thread delivers

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
More entertaining than the Bezosgame, tbh

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

JuffoWup posted:

Healing is based on weapon damage. It doesn't count bonus damage from gems. And life staff damage scales exclusively to focus.

This isn't correct. You can gem a life staff for INT, and the damage it deals will scale with INT. But the healing will only ever scale with FOC. I tested this personally.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Pussy Snorkel posted:

This isn't correct. You can gem a life staff for INT, and the damage it deals will scale with INT. But the healing will only ever scale with FOC. I tested this personally.

This is also what I have read and what leads me to believe the damage of void gauntlet will scale with focus or int but the healing will only scale with int. I imagine it will be a situation where one skill tree favors an int build and one favors a focus build.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Hey mods just ban the transphobe. Like, why hold back.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I don't think this thread has been meltdown free since day 1.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rexicon1 posted:

Hey mods just ban the transphobe. Like, why hold back.

99% chance he posts another meltdown within a day once he’s off the month probe. He just cannot help himself. So that problem will solve itself soon enough.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pussy Snorkel posted:

That is because gems cause your damage to be split. You have base damage (modified by it's innate stat) and then elemental damage (modified by either base damage from before or the gem's innate stat). That is where the number + number come from. Healing ignores the elemental damage. So it only works on base damage. That means in the current build, heals will scale on focus as there isn't another stat to alter the base damage of life staff.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

On the flip side, amber gem focus scaling has been broken since day one, or more likely day negative something because they didn't work in beta either.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Pubkitty posted:

Whoah super offensive posties man! Haha nah I'm joking lmao. What is this thread? Goons With Training Wheels? Goons With Kneepads? Glad you guys got your bandaids for your widdle booboos though. Inb4 these helicopter mods put me in the corner, powder your bumbums and BOW DOWN to "those who must never be offended."

lol and lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's very important to him that we knew he wasn't mad, and wasn't melting down, and in fact it's everyone else who's mad and melting down.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

It's very important to him that we knew he wasn't mad, and wasn't melting down, and in fact it's everyone else who's mad and melting down.

"powder [my] bumbum" :mrgw:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
How will they know I'm not mad if I don't buy a parachute account to tell them?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I have been randomly remembering this poo poo and laughing at it all morning. What a honeypot this thread is. Please buy more parachute accounts.

New World was truly the healing experience we all needed.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lawlicaust posted:

I have been randomly remembering this poo poo and laughing at it all morning. What a honeypot this thread is. Please buy more parachute accounts.

New World was truly the healing experience we all needed.

Moving heavy equipment this morning and just randomly laughing about this poo poo has been a very dangerous morning for myself. :lmao:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

The OP needs links to each meltdown that has occurred over the last few threads because wowwie

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

kedo posted:

The OP needs links to each meltdown that has occurred over the last few threads because wowwie

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Not enough space in the post.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pubkitty posted:

triggered?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Got talked into playing by a group of friends and now I'm the highest level and the only one still playing. Game is fun. Totally hosed in some places but its fun.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

kedo posted:

I was considering this but wanted to keep the actual OP game-related. I have realized just now that the OP needs links to the other threads with specific pages listed with crucial information along with links to this thread. :getin:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Got talked into playing by a group of friends and now I'm the highest level and the only one still playing. Game is fun. Totally hosed in some places but its fun.

The gameplay is great and the act of playing is pretty satisfying.

All the peripheral stuff is 100% hosed

Economy? Thoroughly hosed eternally due currency and item duping. Some have millions in coin and full sets of endgame gear. They got a 24 hour ban as punishment for this. These people have like... years ahead of anyone who did not dupe.

Pvp? hosed. It is a money loss to pvp.

Outpost rush? hosed. Pops once a day or less for the tumbleweed-rolling-by empty servers.

Servers? hosed. Dead.

Faction balance? hosed. No reason to play any but the winning faction or transfer off if not part of the winning faction.

Anyone who didn't exploit early and often? Turbo hosed. Very little consequence to most who did cheat. Some did get permanent banned but most got a 24 hour ban from my understanding.

So yeeeeah. Game is fun, game is hosed. They honestly should have shut the poo poo down when they first got wind of gold exploiting and rolled it back and then fixed the exploit.

Basically it is easier to send a man to space than it is to make a good mmo. :(

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Pubkitty posted:

Who needs they bumssy powdered?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

vandalism posted:

The gameplay is great and the act of playing is pretty satisfying.

All the peripheral stuff is 100% hosed

Economy? Thoroughly hosed eternally due currency and item duping. Some have millions in coin and full sets of endgame gear. They got a 24 hour ban as punishment for this. These people have like... years ahead of anyone who did not dupe.

Pvp? hosed. It is a money loss to pvp.

Outpost rush? hosed. Pops once a day or less for the tumbleweed-rolling-by empty servers.

Servers? hosed. Dead.

Faction balance? hosed. No reason to play any but the winning faction or transfer off if not part of the winning faction.

Anyone who didn't exploit early and often? Turbo hosed. Very little consequence to most who did cheat. Some did get permanent banned but most got a 24 hour ban from my understanding.

So yeeeeah. Game is fun, game is hosed. They honestly should have shut the poo poo down when they first got wind of gold exploiting and rolled it back and then fixed the exploit.

Basically it is easier to send a man to space than it is to make a good mmo. :(

i have onions older than this game. nothing is irrevocably broken.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
If the level cap is ever raised, all the duped epic purples will be worse than a lvl 61 green drop.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
My mmojank brings all the boys to the yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i have onions older than this game. nothing is irrevocably broken.

Irrevocably broken? Nope.

Broken beyond the scope of AGS'S skills, ability, timeline, and level of effort to fix? I believe so. I hope that I am wrong, though. :)