Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
is it true that limes are just unripe lemons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

chicken butt lmfao

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
Does your mom know you're gay?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

kntfkr posted:

Who is Mike Jones?

He has a lot of haters and a lot of homies, some friends and some phony.

Back then hoes didn't want him, now he's hot hoes all on him.

hth

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

He has a lot of haters and a lot of homies, some friends and some phony.

Back then hoes didn't want him, now he's hot hoes all on him.

hth

Who?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mike Jones

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Is there hope?

Thanks I'll take my answer off the air

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Does this smell off to you?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
How does an octogenarian get jump certified for skydiving?

Asking both in terms of literally and also WHY.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

kntfkr posted:

Mike Jones

the guy from startropics?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Why will no one touch me? Is it because all those SLUTS just want ALPHA CHADS?!

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Light Gun Man posted:

the guy from startropics?

:haibrow:

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Is a sweeater or pullover hoodie a top?

Literally just had someone compliment my top and I'm like no it's a hoodie. But what if I'm wrong and it's also considered a top???

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
wtf is a sigma male

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

deadeyez posted:

How come the skin tone of my dick isn't the skin tone of the rest of my body?

Most men of all races have noticeably darker dicks and balls than the skin on the rest of their bodies. If your dick and balls are substantially lighter colored than the rest of your body, then you’re probably a filthy dick thief! I’ve got your number and I’m calling the cops you sick dick stealing bastard!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

chainchompz posted:

Literally just had someone compliment my top and I'm like no it's a hoodie. But what if I'm wrong and it's also considered a top???

It is unless if you are not wearing your hoodie as a top for which I have additional questions, all of them ominous

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Where’s the beef?

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Bula Vinaka posted:

wtf is a sigma male

Same as ligma

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

chainchompz posted:

Yes, unless you are in Australia

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

teen witch posted:

It is unless if you are not wearing your hoodie as a top for which I have additional questions, all of them ominous

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, unless you are in Australia

TY for the confirmation. I really hadn't heard a hoodie referred to as a top before. Time to skedaddle back under the rock where I also live!

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Bula Vinaka posted:

wtf is a sigma male

he's the boss of megaman x

Vakal
May 11, 2008
How did traditional cartoon animators keeps from going insane?

I can't imagine the tedium involved in preparing thousands of cells of Hank Hill just to make one episode of King of the Hill, then repeating that process for thirteen years.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
How do I get rich in the next four years?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
what are hemorrhoids? i think i may have a singular hemorrhoid. is it like a bump outside your rear end in a top hat?

Like i may have that going on. and i'm not sure what to do with it. I have normal poops. I'm not bleeding. a coworker said it could be a spider bite, but that is his go to for any bump on the body.

Oh jesus christ I googled and ran across "Should I push my hemorrhoid back in?"

wtf

kntfkr posted:

same coworker is all about the infinite banking concept or whatever it is. whole life insurance that you're supposed to borrow against or some poo poo. you could do that

or, AV-wise. Find the golden goose to gently caress

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 30, 2021

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Is sipping an island drink really Positioned to overtake huge green grape and cucky pizzone ?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kntfkr posted:

sell your organs

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Vakal posted:

How did traditional cartoon animators keeps from going insane?

I can't imagine the tedium involved in preparing thousands of cells of Hank Hill just to make one episode of King of the Hill, then repeating that process for thirteen years.

They paid Koreans to do the insanity-causing parts for them.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a lot of art is just doing extremely tedious detailed work over and over

also so are a lot of jobs

a lot of everything is just doing extremely tedious work over and over

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

do you think they called it Excel because the data goes in Cells

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Is "MEGATHREAD" pronounced megath-read or me-gathread or what

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Nooner posted:

is it true that limes are just unripe lemons?

No, they are different species. The entire citrus family is super messy, though. There are three or four original species, and then all the commonly eaten ones are crosses of crosses.

Roughly speaking, a Key Lime is a cross between the Micrantha (a small bitter green-yellow fruit from Indonesia) and the Citron (lemon-ish but large, and with inch thick, lumpy, rind, from India).

A Lemon is probably a hybrid of the Citron with the Bitter Orange - and the Bitter Orange is itself a hybrid of the Pomelo (big lump of a fruit, grapefruity, southeast asia) and the Mandarin Orange (small and orange, thin skin - tangerine-like; probably china/japan/vietnam).

And just for fun: cross a lemon and a key lime and you get the Persian Lime/Tahiti Lime, which is probably what you get when you buy a Lime that's not a key lime.

Which means a Lime is a Key Lime (micrantha+citron) + Lemon (Citron + Bitter Orange (Pomelo + Mandarin Orange)) hybrid.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 30, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Play posted:

Why do people ask me how am I doing today when they don't care, don't want to hear an actual answer, and expect me to lie anyways?

It's a ritualistic form of communication where we go through the motions of communicating and we each pretend to share personal information and then pretend to care about it, without actually sharing any information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phatic_expression

quote:

In linguistics, a phatic expression (English: /ˈfætɪk/, FAT-ik) is communication which serves a social function, such as social pleasantries that don't seek or offer information of intrinsic value but can signal willingness to observe conventional local expectations for politeness.[1] Phatic expressions are a socio-pragmatic function and are used in everyday conversational exchange typically expressed in situational instances that call for social cues.[2] In speech communication the term means "small talk" (conversation for its own sake) and has also been called "grooming talking."[3]

For example, greetings such as "hello", "how are you?" (in many contexts), and "good afternoon" are all phatic expressions.[4] In phatic expressions, speech acts are not communicative, since no content is communicated. According to anthropologist Bronisław Malinowski, apparently "purposeless" speech acts—polite small talk, like "how are you?" or "have a nice day"—even though their content may be trivial or irrelevant to the situation, perform the important function of establishing, maintaining, and managing bonds of sociality between participants.[5]

Note that there's also non-verbal forms of phatic communication, one obvious example is store clerks smiling at every single customer. Online forums also have their own form of phatic expressions in emojis/smilies, emptyquotes, etc.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

PsionicAnt posted:

Does your mom know you're gay?

No.

...wait.

Yes! —Dammit!

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

blight rhino posted:

what are hemorrhoids? i think i may have a singular hemorrhoid. is it like a bump outside your rear end in a top hat?

Like i may have that going on. and i'm not sure what to do with it. I have normal poops. I'm not bleeding. a coworker said it could be a spider bite, but that is his go to for any bump on the body.

Oh jesus christ I googled and ran across "Should I push my hemorrhoid back in?"

wtf

same coworker is all about the infinite banking concept or whatever it is. whole life insurance that you're supposed to borrow against or some poo poo. you could do that

or, AV-wise. Find the golden goose to gently caress

I would like to know why you are asking your coworkers about your rear end in a top hat.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
How do you cut or rip a tag off a shirt without it getting pokey and irritating?

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

kntfkr posted:

Build a pyramid with you at the top.

Edit: Involve a lot of canadians. They are very good at that sort of thing, especially if they have experience in theater.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Scientist posted:

How do you cut or rip a tag off a shirt without it getting pokey and irritating?

Real quick like a band aid.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

The Scientist posted:

Wear the shirt inside out. Showing off the tag is the point. I paid for five Xs and I want people to know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Doctor Dogballs posted:

do you think they called it Excel because the data goes in Cells

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat