Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS FISH 3 1.81%
SHIDA VS DEEB 88 53.01%
MOX VS 10 1 0.60%
SAMMY VS EGO 4 2.41%
DARK ORDER VS SUPER ELITE 70 42.17%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That was seriously a near perfect show. Super great pacing, great action, great stuff in every category and everyone playing to their strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Renaissance Spam posted:

It was just pointed out to me that wrestling isn't real and everyone knew who was in the costume and that's the Elite hanging out and being goofy together.

:unsmith:
Yeah I think it might be the first picture of Hangman with the Elite in a long time, and with Cole in an even longer time?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

This may be a legit hot-take: Sami/Rami 100% shouldn't bring Generico back.
Even without going into the "is it offensive" side, which isn't really mine to feel, isn't it just a waste? Sami is a midcarder now, sure, but he's popular, handsome and a minority in addition to being a great wrestler and talker who will probably want to do more charity work. Why would you mask up an asset like that other than for a few gags here or there? It's just bizarre to me. (I mean, unless that's what he wants to do, but I don't know why I'd wish for that in AEW)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DEAR RICHARD posted:

didn't even realize that. goddamn.

aew is good.
works even better when you realize colt was a cutler

and cutler was a colt

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

They really really wanted to keep him and we’re willing to try all sorts of things to persuade him to stay but ultimately he wanted to be on shows with good wrestling instead of bad wrestling and well there are some things they just can’t compromise on
This made me lmao

But it is also 100% true and should never be understated

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's actually kinda important to remember AEW took on and has continued to take on people for their skills at couching, mentorship and training. Like if you have a match, you can talk to MJF or Kingston, Christian or Arn, Cody or Dean and tons of others who actively care about you improving because the backstage is all about making the show better. You get feedback on every aspect. They help people on every level. AEW's backstage is absolutely loving loaded. You could probably have the refs and prop people book a better show than WWE.

All the comparable aspects of WWE have suffered a sharped decline because tons of those people left, or didn't sign, because AEW is better to work for. So actually no, because they don't have the tools anymore, and the wrestlers who could help with that aren't paid enough respect or left already. The trailblazers are gone.

But you've got Cesaro, lol.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I would much rather see Starks and several others beat Hangman ahead of MJF's eventual title run I won't really pay attention to til the final feud. That can wait.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Oil! posted:

Lol, both are too young to know how to operate a fax machine though
Anyone born in the 80s probably saw a dusty fax machine in school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ganso Bomb posted:

As loud as the pops he gets are now as a heel, they're gonna be loving nuts when he breaks away and turns on The Elite to become a babyface. (this is just based on he and Kenny having tension in that 8-man tag, but who knows – maybe Kenny turns instead)
Steen comes in wearing an Elite Steen Elite t-shirt, kisses Cole and they kick Kenny out seems like a really easy storyline to do that would get a monster reaction. The Christian feud hinted at Callis wanting to move onto younger, hotter prospects and all that too.