Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS FISH 3 1.81%
SHIDA VS DEEB 88 53.01%
MOX VS 10 1 0.60%
SAMMY VS EGO 4 2.41%
DARK ORDER VS SUPER ELITE 70 42.17%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Absolutely incredible Dynamite. The main event was an absolute blast but holy poo poo that Deeb/Shida match was sensational. Fight forever, as the chant goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

shout outs to cody rhodes for cutting a promo where he basically just said "you hate me, gently caress you, i love you"

Also for making it canon that doing the Pedigree makes you a bad person.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GLOSS posted:

The real question here is who was the back half of the horse?

Arn holding the glock to Brandon's back ala Top Secret.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1453545687690485769?s=20

Wardlow's back after that skateboard with tacks shot

Wait a second... the blood's supposed to be INSIDE his body! :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also it really seems like they are far, far, far done with beating the poo poo out of each other, and thank God for that because holy gently caress they have amazing in-ring chemistry.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cody does the Pedigree and no longer dyes....... his hair!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still can't get over how good Shida/Deeb was, what a fantastic match. I want them to be rivals for a long, long time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Q7kid posted:

Somebody here suggested a Three Strikes Match, where one of the wrestlers has to win by two of pinfall/submission/KO. Swole and Diamante did the proof-of-concept for this gimmick, and it was underwhelming, but I expect Shida and Deeb could make it a real banger.

I really dug the Swole/Diamante Three Strikes match, but holy gently caress Shida and Deeb doing the same would be loving incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

just watched dynamite

how the gently caress was that last match so good. it just kept getting better

I'm sure it's been said a million times already, but the fact that you could pretty much see exactly how things were going to go from the beginning and then they went ahead and went exactly as expected in no way detracted from the match or made it worse. If anything it made it all the more exciting as everybody waited for the reveal of Hangman, and when it came.... :vince:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

the thing I liked best about the ending is that Brandon's mouth was taped shut under the horse head. it's the smallest, easiest thing, and it just shows that thought and care was put into why he wasn't able to tell the Elite that it was him. it's something that's not hard, but it really shows that the people doing it care about it and want it to be the best thing possible. wrestling isn't hard!!

Also the whole thing would have been blown if any of the Elite had talked to the Staypuft Marshmallow Man, but because they're all dicks they didn't and would in fact have told "Brandon" to shut up if he had even tried to talk, so it was a foolproof plan based on the power of the Elite being douchebags :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

Last time, on Hannibal.

Oh my God I forgot the social worker line. God I loved that show :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graph posted:

i enjoy turning off front brain and using lizard brain for the good wrestle show. same. it's fine

Almost entirely related, but this actually reminded me of a very :3: moment when (despite the movie being trash) they played a teaser preview scene for Batman vs. Superman at the Batman vs. Superman panel for comiccon in which Batman is confronted by Superman, and you hear this one dude in the crowd who somehow managed to completely miss the context of where he was or that the movie was even being made absolutely lose his loving mind when Superman showed up :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine what kind of a mark you would have to be to lose your mind in public because Superman showed up as a shocking surprise. Freaking marks. Can't stand em.

Still one of my fondest memories of this subforum :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe they wanted Cornette to feel appreciated with a nod to Smokey Mountain Wrestling? :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Best part of that Jericho Cruise review for me was hearing about him seeing Stu at 1am just randomly shooting the poo poo with dudes and chopping them. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"I couldn't just turn the channel on my own life."

Goddamn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

Can we just get Dante Martin a TNT title shot? The first ever "the ring is lava" match?

Congrats to new TNT Champion Pam Nizio

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abadon gonna play janken and it's gonna rule.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

The Witcher season 2 trailer just dropped.

I did not know that, and now I do :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

According to cagematch (which isn't exhaustive, but is generally fairly reliable) they've never had a match together, even as a tag or a multi-man.

Edit: Beaten.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Sometimes it's kind of shocking who has never really worked together before or only has in a very limited capacity. PAC and Malakai Black/Tommy End had a couple matches in WxW in Germany in like 2007 or so, but otherwise the only other time they've crossed paths was once in an NXT UK tournament. But if someone said they were old indie rivals, I wouldn't even question it.

It was a real headfuck to realize despite all their years in WWE together, Punk and Sydal had only had like 2 singles matches together before their one in AEW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

Ditto Bryan Danielson and Dustin Rhodes having their first match against each other a couple of weeks ago.

I hadn't even considered that they might not have wrestled each other in singles :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, Bryan's quest to defeat The Shield was such a great loving long-running storyline. When he finally did it the crowd lost their minds and hell so did I.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hefty Leftist posted:

Danielson might be the most damning case more than any other wrestler that WWE doesn't know what it's doing. it's genuinely shocking how good he is outside that environment to the point he IMMEDIATELY has a 5 star match after 10 years in the fed

If anything it really goes to show how absolutely incredible Danielson is that he continued to be considered one of the best in the world even during his time in WWE. I'm sure I'm far from the only one who largely kept up with WWE because he was still there.

Seeing him suddenly erupt back up into the stratosphere the moment he was out of WWE and free to be himself again really recontextualizes WWE run and shows how badly he was hamstrung, but when he was actually IN there he was regularly massively entertaining and his matches at worst were good and usually very good to excellent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving incredible :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn, Taz really has been everywhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rantmo posted:

Well at least Tiger's going to get good technique, as requested.

Yeah, I mean drat, I know he asked Mr. Tony to give him competition, but Jesus Christ Tony don't have him murdered!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, that's simultaneously sad and good news about Mox, really glad he's seen he has a problem that needs help and is getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FINALLY :negative: