Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

There's still a few bugs (reticle challenges don't work at all) but in terms of actual gameplay, it's SO much better than Cold War. It's so nice having to think about attachments that aren't just ADS speed, recoil control stuff is super important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I actually like the upped recoil, it's nice having to balance my attachments instead of All ADS Speed All The TIme.

The Garand is a lot of fun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

it shriveled up posted:

So apparently the pacing options don't work in hardcore. No matter what I select, it's always on tactical.

They do work, but the options are just preferences. It doesn't lock you into what you chose, just makes it more likely for you to be put into one.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mosin with iron sights and all the ADS speed attachments rules. Seems to be a one hit kill to basically anywhere on the body out to an absurd range.

I'm wondering though: Do we know if daily challenges are coming back? I enjoyed doing them in MW and CW.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 7, 2021

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Are reticle challenges not tracking for anyone else?

Yup, looks like they're bugged.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Patrol is so good it's astounding it took long for someone to say "What if Hardpoint...but it moves".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm getting booted out of every game with "Dev Error 5573". Anyone else having problems?

(e): Fixed it, apparently it's a fairly common bug if you use any operator skin other than their default. Switching back fixes it.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 8, 2021

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yup, they get a XP modifier for their favourite gun. I don't think it's a huge bonus, though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, a lot of the new maps are instant classics. Demyansk and Tuscan in particular are great.

Excited for the return of Shipment in a couple of weeks too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Incendiary ammo needs a drawback, having an option that's just objectively an upgrade is no fun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

victrix posted:

I've found just about every gun I've used so far has had some configuration that makes it worth using

I've found this too and it's actually pretty nice. There's definitely far less just out-and-out "why would you ever use this gun" than previous games. Suppose the 10 attachment default helps a lot with that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Trump posted:

Protip: Use the panzerfaust. All the time.

One day I'll nail an aerial killstreak with the panzerfaust. Then I ascend to a new level of existence.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

My secret to share: The Type 11 with the smaller caliber ammo is basically SMG speed with LMG range.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The dogs need to take WAY less damage to kill. I've emptied entire SMG mags into one and still died to it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Highlight the menu you want to clear and click left stick if you're on console, it clears the green diamond.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jimbot posted:

I know this game has no balance whatsoever but is the weapon tier list as follows:

MP40 >>>>(x ten trillion) everything else? Because there is no weapon that I get killed by more than this gun and it drops me in about half a second to boot.

The StG44 and Combat Shotgun are also completely busted.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

The British fuckin sucked in the east indies

I approve of her backstory

She's apparently part of the INA, who were aligned with the Axis. The British did loving suck in India, but siding with the Nazis also sucks.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Does using a preferred weapon also level that operator faster? I know it levels the weapon faster, but does it also do the same thing the other way?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

tehinternet posted:

The SVT fucks, friend. Build it for damage and recoil control and center mass becomes a one shot and you can make three shots in the the time it takes one with a sniper. Use the first barrel attachment, plus vital and whatever recoil control you can get.

Just tried this and it's completely correct, this is disgustingly good. No way this makes it through a balance patch.

As long as you hit above the waist, it's probably a one hit kill, and if it isn't, it fires essentially as fast as you can pull the trigger for a followup shot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jimbot posted:

What's the consensus around these parts on the previous two games? Of them, which one would you say you had more fun with? I like Vanguard and am kind of interested in maybe going back to the previous games to check them out. Of the two, which has the better multiplayer maps? In this one, some of these maps are just straight-up trash. Dome's design ethos seems to be "I dunno, whatever" with your spawn point being in the middle of everything. Red Star seems to be "campers are a thing, let's cater to them for this one." Numa Numa, while interesting, seems to be "let's see how much poo poo we can fit on this map and make it as busy as possible so it's impossible to spot anyone." But beyond those three, the maps seem to be pretty alright. I just don't know where this one sits in overall quality compared to the previous two.

The general wisdom is MW2019 is good, and Cold War was a letdown. If you like Vanguard, MW is also built on the same engine and CW isn't.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm having a bunch of fun with the game, and I'm genuinely excited for season 1 to kick in, because my only real issue right now is the lack of customization depth beyond the gunsmith system.

Give me all those pointless cosmetic trinkets!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jimbot posted:

They pulled the event but double exp is still in effect so go hog for those guns you wanna level up. So what's a good gun to level up that isn't one of the usual suspects that everyone uses. I've been trying out the Volkswagon AR and that's pretty good. Same with the NZ-41, which looks rad. Anyone have a favorite that tends to be overlooked by most of the people playing?

As people were talking about earlier, the Bren gets fun once you get some unlocks, but it's painful to begin with. So with ShipHaus and double weapon XP both up now, it's the best time to level it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jimbot posted:

The event is back up. If you made any progress while the thing caused you to crash it did count so I jumped in with all but the clan one done.

Edit: I did it. I found how to make Haus fun without the usual suspects. Mk11 Launcher. Have fun blow others up (as well as yourself)!

Edit 2: I checked back a little bit in the thread and didn't see if anyone made a clan so I went ahead and did it. I'm not sure if it's cross platform, it might be since you have to sign up for Activision's online server to play multiplayer. It's [LLjK] Gunsmith Enthusiast Club. Named it after the simply wonderful weapons you can create in this game.

Mk11 shot straight down the middle lane on Das Haus is a free kill or two 99% of the time, it's great.

If the clan is crossplatform, I'll join, mostly because only having the clan challenge from the event not complete is bugging the hell out of me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Which guns are most likely going to get toned down? I'm thinking the MP-40, STG44, SVD-40, along with the riot shield being back protectors. Hoping for the thermite and molotovs to have their duration reduced too. Even on non-Haus maps, those later two just crap up the entire map and I'm pretty sure they and mortar strike are the prime suspects in all the packet loss going on.

The Combat Shotgun needs an absolute scourging, it could be half as effective and still be a good choice. I really hope riot shields stop being so ubiquitous too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

NZ-41 is one of those that really needs a bunch of attachments to make it decent. Burst fire barrel especially, even though it's the last one to unlock.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Teh z0rceror posted:

I’ve been joining members that I see online. I got 4 left to go. Also cant seem to get a finishing move to save my life because someone always kills either me or them while the animation is going so that’s cool…

I knocked out the finishing moves needed to unlock Shigenori by grinding Tactical FFA. Seems the best way to grab a bunch of finishers without being shot during them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Radar has a buggy spawn point that kills you if you're spawned on it :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

How do you summon Krampus in MP? I've played a dozen games without doing the objective like the thing says, and not seen him once.