Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
i don't think the problem is that ww2 is played out, it's that "western europe mid 1944-1945", "brutal russia", and "tropical island fighting japan" are all played out by now. like, fucks sake, this was a world war! all over the world!! for 6 years!! there's a whole host of battles and campaigns just ripe for plucking ideas from, even the settings already used so often.

instead we see the same poo poo with different voice actors and sharper textures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Mister Facetious posted:

Call of Duty 3 had you play as Canada and Poland, and it was the most boring campaign ever.

to be fair, call of duty 3 is boring the whole way through

that's part of the issue though, it's 1) a poorly paced campaign set 2) on D-Day, in france, again. i may just be inspired from listening to mark felton too much, but there's a lot of other lesser known battles that were fought that i think would be interesting to experience, like the liberation of Manilla, Operation Nordwind, the various actions of the Italian Co-belligerent Army or the brief combats between the Japanese and the Italians after Mussolini was killed, the Battle of France, the initial stages of Operation Barbarossa where the Soviets were on the retreat (lots of potential for heroic player last stands there), the New Guinea campaign... there's a whole bunch of either unused or underused history there that's ripe for picking