Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

no advanced movement, no buy. rip good cod

Is this what the movement system was called in Cold War? Because that can gently caress right off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Wazzit posted:

We’ve had 4 COD games with double jumps and jetpacks but yeah, they are talking about the one where you can slide for 2 ft.

double jumps and jet packs are nice, zero inertia spazzing around like you're on angel dust isn't.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Philthy posted:

The unpaid streamers seem to enjoy how smooth it feels, so that's a plus. I really don't want to play WW2.. I need to hold out until the 19th for BF.

It's good. Doesn't feel like WW2, if that makes sense. Cool maps so far.

Extremely surprised after the beta that you all know blew balls.

Game good. Play it.

Edit: One critique is the operator system. Don't get why there isn't a handful of generic ones to choose from when you start out.

Trump fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 5, 2021

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I expect to get poo poo on for this, but is lag switching an actual thing? Saw alot of dubious warping around in CW and have met a few in Vanguard as well.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I thought the beta was shite. Would my mind be changed now? Xbox Series X.

The consensus I've here and on Reddit is surprise at how good and fun it is, especially after the beta

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Being locked into the MVP voting is annoying as gently caress. Give me control of my drat game

1stGear posted:

I realize expecting something more than spectacle out of CoD campaign is futile, but lmao the writers very clearly wrote this script the night before it was due after mainlining bad war movies all day.

Did you watch the operator intros? So far it's 50/50 whether it ends on slow mo walking away from mayhem/explosions. They know what they did.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
MVP priority

1) Myself
2) Indian Bae
3) Russian Bae
3) French Bae

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

CitizenKain posted:

Only saw one map last night that I'd consider a problem, its the pacific island map on Domination. There isn't a way to flank or get behind the other team, and once they get the center point and take the top of the ship, they own the map.

Did you see the map also has a beach?

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

victrix posted:

CROUCH ONLY 24/7 TACTICAL PLAY OR BAN 12/12 players

I call it the tactical Quasimodo

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

moist turtleneck posted:

things can snowball pretty hard in das haus after a few killstreaks

artillery on that map is brutal

That applies to all maps. They need to do something about it, because if one team gets the upper hand early, the other team is in a world of screen shake and unavoidable insta-death.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Glide bombs have lovely targeting and it seems to be completely random whether it penetrates a roof or not.

Having a lot of fun despite public lobbies feeling way sweatier than I remember - or maybe I'm just getting older and there's a bunch of young people with super twitchy reflexes who are tapped directly into the meta thanks to twitch streams and stuff. Are there any goon clans organized yet?

Bombs dont penetrate roofs. They do however have splash damage that kills players inside buildings.

I had a 2 day break and went from doing pretty good, to getting lasered from every angle the second I spawn.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

victrix posted:

They have a public Trello but I don't think it's nearly complete in terms of what they're tracking - they do update it though

https://trello.com/b/vROy19qt/vanguard

Which was a nice surprise.

EVERYONE! YOU CAN TURN SCREEN SHAKE DOWN IN THE OPTIONS DO IT IT ALMOST REMOVES IT

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

CuddleCryptid posted:

Although this is another game where it shows that whoever decided that having custom OC Do Not Steals for characters rather than a uniform that would allow you to know who is an ally or an enemy at a glance is going to designer hell. Half the time you can run rampant around the backlines because it takes way too long for people to be able to realize that you're not an ally when you're right next to them. Sometimes you have to literally spy check anyone who runs up to you on reflex.

They fixed most of the visibility issues from the beta, but you are right, it still blows up close.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Protip: Use the panzerfaust. All the time.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Lol right now trying to run anything but a meta laser is an exercise in pain. Every server is dominated by a handful of chuds getting 2 or 3 times as many kills as the rest of the top 5 players on each team.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

illcendiary posted:

Can’t help you if you’re specifically trying to level up guns, but if you just want to accrue player XP, just go on Das Haus and spam decoy grenades down the main corridor. You’ll get an assist for literally every kill that someone gets and it’s just constant XP throughout the match. I’m always the high score on my team and it’s often with half the number of kills

Player XP bleeds into the weapon XP doesn't it? Might have to give that a go if the play list is still up

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

CitizenKain posted:

The spawn system is so terrible that it is almost art. Like they are intentionally terrible at this. I have had multiple games with multiple deaths in a row from spawning in the path of bullets.

Did you play the beta? Because the spawns in that was a loving masterpiece.

After having played a good bit it's obvious SHG have a lot of work ahead of them. Some is small adjustment, like how some of TDM matches have such a low score limit the games ends in literally 4 minutes, other things will take some serious work and multiple passes.

Edit: I was just told to die of dick cancer because of panzerfaust spam. You might say things are going great.

Trump fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 17, 2021

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

CitizenKain posted:

Its not worth it since it takes something like 2 belts of MG ammo on hitting a moving plane that is really far away. Also there will be another one in a few seconds anyway.

Dunno if its a bug, but the MG42 takes down planes plenty easy. I don't have any attachments on that increase vehicle damage and can shoot down bombers in half a belt at most.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
They need to stop with the creative playlist names until they fix the description thing

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Jimbot posted:

Edit: There any goon clans for this game? The event requires to play with clanmates.

Came looking for this, EU here if it matters.

Also the update apparently introduces a critical error, there is reports of crashes across the board, all consoles and generations. I just had two in a row. Game freezes and then exits.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Jimbot posted:

Edit: That stupid riot shield poo poo. It should decrease your speed 50 to 75%. A small price to pay for being invulnerable to fire from behind.

Yeah its dumb as hell. I don't know why they included after MW turned into a crusty Ninja Turtles convention with everybody running with it.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
The prestige point counter screen is completely broken after hitting level 3. You keep getting the level up fanfare until you cancel it.

In other news I should stop playing this loving game.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I applied as well. gently caress SHG

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I don't mind mortar duration so much as the obnoxious amount of dust / smoke / screen shake it creates. loving awful trying to play anywhere near a bombardment.

You can basically remove the screen shake in the options. The dumb sprite that blocks your vision completely needs go though. Such a lazy implementation.

I do agree with the guy saying it needs to be shortened. The same with bombing run, remove one of the passes or something. And set a limit on dogs on the map

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Shoutout to EIDH who ran with me to get the 5 clan matches.

In other news, cipher is incredibly broken, but spamming bombing run is also very fun and good so I dunno...

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Seymour Buttz posted:

I think counting assists as eliminations on the scoreboard is one of the best changes. I dunno if that was in the last like four games but it’s new to me and it makes the game a lot less frustrating when you’re not doing so hot.

Cold War introduced that I believe

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

ClydeFrog posted:

They either need some footsteps or to sort out the spawns, especially in hardcore. Preferably both but I can only dream.

But they upped the sound of foot steps from the beta!

There are lots of small things that are absolutely infuriatingly stupid right now, but they got the core gameplay down so hard it's still a blast to play.

I'm honestly excited to see what they come up with for the battlepass and the store, considering the time period. Someone already datamined Indiana Jones and Capt. America, which would be the obvious choices.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

tjones posted:

I would rather they fix bugs and balance pass rather than add more poo poo that is going to further break an already broken game. The game state is still no better than the alpha.

Battle passes were a mistake. I'd rather pay for map packs at this point after going through two years of them continuously loving up the constant releases.

This is SHG we are talking about here. It took them a full year to fix WWII. They will never fix the game if it's in a constant battle pass release cycle.

I like the game but it's buggy as gently caress and annoying to play for long periods of time.

But that won't happen. Battle pass and seasons are a fixture of CoD now and are just fine. Also I doubt the art department making the majority of the content released post launch is that involved with balancing the game.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Patch notes out. Doesn't look good.

Only noteworthy weapon changes are sniper buffs, which they absolutely did not need. I guess the complete balance pass is coming up when those QA employees return after the xmas holiday... oh...

Only big thing fixed is the dead drop bug. No tuning of killstreaks either.

They did completely fix the Combat Shield though and you can be rest assured your gold skin will be properly displayed while you run around being unkillable.

Trump fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 7, 2021

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
My initial excitement for this game has plummeted drastically. Unless SHG starts ironing out the plethora of issues that plagues the game right now (and starts testing patches before release), I doubt I'll even finish out the season 1 battlepass.

Todays issue that made me alt+f4 was the out of bounds exploit on radar. It can't be that loving hard to add an invisible wall to curtail this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Jimbot posted:

Also that image is shaking constantly and violently.

Turn down screen shake in options