Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

victrix posted:

Game... good

This is like MW with the suck removed

nah, it's not as good as MW so far, but it's a massive step up from cold war

inexplicably much, much better than the beta would have indicated thus far

everyone is using the MP40 and StG44 (because they're strong, you start with them, and the blueprints give them a massive leg up), but there actually seem to be a ton of incredibly good/fun weapons

like the combat shotgun is really good (like might get nerfed good) and the DP27 seems really strong once you learn to deal with the reloading time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Philthy posted:

The unpaid streamers seem to enjoy how smooth it feels, so that's a plus. I really don't want to play WW2.. I need to hold out until the 19th for BF.

the "setting" is interesting because the combination of non-real-world-faction-specific operators and bizarre, fanciful, and anachronistic weapon modding that leaves your guns bearing little resemblance to their real world counterparts actually makes the whole thing feel wayyy more like a fantasy dieselpunk COD than anything to do with WW2

ironically, going so over the top annoys me significantly less than the BF V halfway approach

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I think it'll take a while to evaluate because of how much wacky stuff potentially exists in attachment combos that'll take a while to unlock

like apparently you can more or less re-create OG MW2 commando pro via bayonet + reach

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LGD posted:

I think it'll take a while to evaluate because of how much wacky stuff potentially exists in attachment combos that'll take a while to unlock

going to reiterate this point as a major difference from MW2019 (where something like the M4 was obviously bonkers from level 1), the bonuses attachments give are pretty much all significant, frequently all or mostly upside, and some of them (barrels and magazines) are genuinely transformational, so it's extremely hard/impossible to evaluate a gun just based on its initial performance - especially in an environment where they gave everyone the best ttk ammo for the StG and MP40 at level 1 from blueprints

like, I started playing around with the Automaton because it seemed like it should eventually be good, but it was quite rough to start with - and then lo and behold by the mid 20's it had come into its own and now appears to be highly competitive with people using the ubiquitous StG + Russian Short combo (and reasonable odds the final ammo unlock is even better just based on the numbers)

not really cosmic wisdom here or anything, but I think the game's design means that (until there's a real meta established) you just kind of need to blindly pick guns and commit to suffering with them for a while

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ASenileAnimal posted:

man the recoil is pretty nuts on the guns. i was pretty good with the dmr and type 63 in cold war but im flailing all over the place with the garand.

wait till you get the svt40, it starts at like unpatched, on-release MW2019 FAL levels (though at least it’s a OHK to the head)

marksmen rifles seem really rough, though like I said it’s impossible to draw accurate conclusions from the initial experience

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

How many hits to kill is it? I really liked the Future Garand in Blops 3 with its 2-3 hit stopping power at most ranges.

2 with 30-06, 3 with the 6.5 sakura and .303 british (though no OHK via headshot at any range I believe)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

pretty sure the current meta is largely dictated by average ranks + how long it takes to unlock things in this one, since all of those guns are very good but also are pretty much the earliest unlocks

there are a number of guns with access to equivalent or mathematically superior TTKs with the right ammunition (iirc the Volk, AS44, BAR. and all of the other SMGs), it's just that if you need to be in the mid 40's to access a gun and then grind 50 levels of that gun in particular to make it competitive it's going to take a long while for it to become meta even if it's marginally superior

and of course the possibility remains that those guns will remain superior in practice due to handling, or a particular combination - i.e. the StG gets the Vital proficiency (gives headshot damage to an area of the upper torso, usually only available on marksment/sniper rifles though the itra burst and type 100 also have it), and while (due to how the numbers work out) that mostly just makes 8mm Kurz competitive with Russian Short when aiming center-mass, it might be busted when used in combination with the Krausnick 620MM precision barrel to juice the vital damage (+ probably Russian short to keep damage from non-vital hits high/retain 4 shot non-vital kill potential), though my real world results were mixed (basically trading the consistent low ttk of Russian Short alone for a more inconsistent experience where you sometimes insta-burst people and sometimes feel like you're running very slightly worse base StG ammo), which might be more attributable to how tired I was by the time I got everything unlocked than the combination itself (and regardless that particular combo is not why you see StG's so prominently)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ASenileAnimal posted:

just got the svt40 and drat thats alot of recoil. im on kbm so i dunno how bad it is on controller but its tough to control and keep on target with how fast everyone moves

huh, speaking of the SVT I just had my entire team get dumpstered by someone using one - looks like they were using the 800mm barel and maybe the vital proficiency (not sure how/if they stack), with no stock and were just running around OHKing people to the torso at all distances

grinding it out on HC now

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Lol CoD 2's Kar98 is back

yeah I haven't even gotten the vital proficiency, and I'm fairly convinced the SVT is actually extremely good once you get going - the 800mm barrel makes even the .303 british do 100+ vital damage, and using it with either that (or better yet the Sakura) makes it controllable and significantly higher ROF than it otherwise would have (though less than default), so basically just play HC until you hit 18 for the barrel and it'll get progressively better and better

LGD fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 7, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

this isn't a joke btw, it gives you a ridiculous lock on radius and you can get absurd chain kills, and you can still have your primary out, if anything it might be stronger than commando pro

just had a 26 melee kill match

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I really wish it listed multiple accolades though

like if people ultimately want to vote for honorable mention it’s w/e, but it is slightly annoying when you top frag, have the highest objective score, and the game is like “explosive kills: 4”

otoh mvp doesn’t really matter beyond the trash talking, so if they’re going to focus on anything related it should probably be fixing play of the game

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mill Village posted:

I think it’s because STG44 is very strong from Level 1 and Automaton needs certain attachments to really shine.

Yeah, and the StG blueprints that everyone gets make it even stronger relative to other options - you still saw people branching out to the Automaton relatively early vs. other weapons because it got good by the mid 20's

And speaking of guns that are good from level 1 (well level 55), the Volkssturmgewehr is amazing right off the bat - really quick, snappy ads, ttk comparable to StG russian short with its default ammo, reasonable recoil. It has some minor downsides, fairly high bloom among them (so you do need some accuracy in your attachments), but it starts at "very good" and only gets better from there. The actual biggest problem I've had while leveling it is just running out of ammo after winning a couple of gunfights.

E: Holy poo poo, the Gung Ho proficiency might be up there with Vital in terms of power - it appears to completely remove your sprintout time, so you can just shift-w all match

LGD fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 9, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I don't think I've ever got a kill with incendiary that I wouldn't have gotten with any other ammo type. The damage is pitiful.

yeah, I’ve died to it literally once that I can recall and I’m like 60 levels into prestige- there’s probably some guns where it’ll be useful if some combination of body/limb shots would otherwise leave you at 98 damage or w/e, but even there it’d likely be marginal unless they’re marksmen/sniper rifles (maybe shotguns but I assume you’d rather +range)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LGD posted:

and of course the possibility remains that those guns will remain superior in practice due to handling, or a particular combination - i.e. the StG gets the Vital proficiency (gives headshot damage to an area of the upper torso, usually only available on marksment/sniper rifles though the itra burst and type 100 also have it), and while (due to how the numbers work out) that mostly just makes 8mm Kurz competitive with Russian Short when aiming center-mass, it might be busted when used in combination with the Krausnick 620MM precision barrel to juice the vital damage (+ probably Russian short to keep damage from non-vital hits high/retain 4 shot non-vital kill potential), though my real world results were mixed (basically trading the consistent low ttk of Russian Short alone for a more inconsistent experience where you sometimes insta-burst people and sometimes feel like you're running very slightly worse base StG ammo), which might be more attributable to how tired I was by the time I got everything unlocked than the combination itself (and regardless that particular combo is not why you see StG's so prominently)

ah, that's why I was getting funky results (and many of you are insta dying to the StG):

a. the Krausnick 620MM barrel apparently doesn't stack with the Vital proficiency (likely a good thing)
b. more importantly, Vital is apparently bugged in combination with Russian Short - by the numbers/description it shouldn't do anything to affect ttk, but for some reason it's apparently making upper torso shots (but not headshots) do like 78 damage, so it can 2 hit you

e:

I said come in! posted:

I was trying to account for that, but this player for some reason only used his killstreaks once. I kept waiting for artillery to happen for the whole match and it never came. It was one of the weirder matches that I honestly cant explain.

might be dead drop - it's apparently bugged/intended that once you hit the end you stop accumulating points towards kills streaks (though you may be able to reset it by using it or just swapping out your field upgrade - haven't tested it)

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 9, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

tehinternet posted:

OH. MY. GOD I NEED THIS.

I was just telling my son about the GOOD OL DAYS when you could stab all the people, or be a mortar squad that never ran out of ammo or be a newspaper delivery boy with C4 with a riot shield

So I’m gonna need that like yesterday

it's very good :wink:

game definitely has the MW2 vibe of balance-via-everything-being-busted

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bardeh posted:

apparently the Sten has some attachment that allows you to aim-walk incredibly fast, look at this poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/8b2YgvZ.mp4

what the gently caress lol, yet another gun I need to level

also extra good because ads walking has essentially zero footstep audio so you also get the benefit of ninja

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

- Vital really needs to be removed from everything except Marksmen / Sniper Rifles. The STG and MP40 are already good and fun but giving them vital means that every single other choice is deliberately handicapping yourself. Other than that the gun balance actually feels decent - even with the insanely extensive attachment system the individual guns feel different enough that I find myself switching between them depending on the map / mode

Both guns currently have overpowered builds, but it's actually not Vital (directly) in either case - Vital on the StG just makes the 8mm Kurz ammo ttk competitive with what Russian Short does anyway if you aim center-mass (which is a low TTK but is very analogous to several of the other ARs). It also doesn't combine with the StG's +headshot damage barrel, and it shouldn't provide Russian Short any TTK advantage (since vital damage is almost identical to body-shot damage and it's a 3 shot kill either way). But, for whatever reason, it's bugged in combination with Russian short and actually does like 78 damage to the upper chest (but not the head), which gives what was already the best StG ammo ridiculous 2-tap potential.

The MP40 doesn't even have access to Vital to begin with (the other AR's/SMG's with Vital access are the ITRA Burst [which likely needs the help], and the Type 100 [which probably doesn't, but unless it's bugged similarly to the StG while using the Russian Short conversion it's also not doing much]), the broken combination there is the 8mm Kurz conversion + hollow point bullets. 8mm Kurz boosts the body damage up to 46 while leaving headshot/vital damage unchanged, which would normally make it a 3 shot kill gun, and actually give it the slowest theoretical ttk for an in-range SMG using its best ammunition (though it's still in the "top ARs" ttk range and the disadvantage is offset by the MP40's superior stats in other areas). However, while hollow point bullets are usually marginal on other weapons, whatever scaling has been applied in this case somehow boosts the limb damage of MP40 8mm Kurz up somewhere north of 50, so you can consistently 2-tap people by targeting their arms/legs (which gives it an absurdly low ttk).

e:

Bonby posted:

WHAT

Jesus christ I need it now.

yeah it's a gamechanger, makes the game vastly more playable when your team is getting fuckbarreled by killstreaks

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 11, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Broshevik posted:

I'm not sure who decided 100 hip fire kills with the Itra Burst AR was a good idea but I would like to find them and ask them "why"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Huh, I thought the Automaton was merely quite good and set it aside after getting it to 70 on the assumption that it would probably have its moment after a few of the other guns ate nerfs (sort of the Kilo 141 to MW19's release M4), but it currently also has a completely bonkers build - the 8mm "Klauser"'s damage bonus stacks with the damage bonus from the ZAC FA Short Barrel (which I'd unfairly dismissed as too big a downgrade before I had more attachments unlocked) to make the gun a consistent 3 shot kill at ~760 RPM, which gives it one of the best TTKs in the game outside of OHK's and the guns that can exploit the 30 Russian Short->Vital Bug. You want to load up on recoil reduction (and a bit of +accuracy) in your remaining slots, but once you do that it's totally fine, and while it's probably marginally inferior to the more laser-esque automaton builds at very long ranges it's so good otherwise that it doesn't matter.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s hosed up my modern warfare/Warzone double xp stuff doesn’t cross into vanguard?

Apparently it actually does/can, but it's janky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfrSBn7Pe-U

basically if you go into those games and activate double xp tokens they'll apply to Vanguard until they expire, but it:

a. won't show up anywhere in Vanguard's interface
b. doesn't stack with Vanguard double xp tokens
c. seems to have some issues with common xp multipliers in Vanguard, so it'll actually work out to something like 1.6-1.8x XP rather than proper 2x

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it wasn't announced in the patch notes, but as of today the 30 Russian Short + Vital bug has (apparently) been fixed, so you should no longer be getting terrorized by the StG and Type 100 nearly to the same extent

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What does the operator favorite weapon do? Does it make them somehow more effective with it?

Gives you an extra 10% weapon xp if you use that gun with that operator (which stacks multiplicatively with other modifiers like Surplus [20%] and then the double xp tokens), and also gives you several chunks of weapon xp for that gun as level up bonuses. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s significant enough that you’ll likely want to use it if you can.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it's not unlimited, but the ammo box recharges really fast (and a fair number of people seem to run it so you can sometimes leverages the ones they drop)

it also makes a massive explosion at the drop of a hat, so fun to combine with stun mines

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Can anyone explain Hollow Points to me? I tried them out and I haven't noticed any difference in damage. Do they function as like the Blood Mess trait from Fallout in that when you kill someone they're more likely to explode into gibs or something?

They do what they say on the tin - increase limb damage. It would be hugely more helpful if they told you by *how much* they increased limb damage, but afaik they vary from “doesn’t affect number of shots needed to kill at all/totally useless” to “makes limb shots as effective as body shots so you don’t need to be as precise with your aim/nice” to “makes limb shots more effective than body shots/busted*” depending on gun/ammo/barrel

*the last one is the mp40 with 8mm Kurz and Hollow Points, which currently makes it a 2 shot kill to arms/legs

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Skyarb posted:

Can anyone explain to me the difference between using subsonic ammo vs a silencer?

Also how exactly does the dead drop field upgrade work?

They use different slots and have different stat effects while keeping you off the radar

that sounds cheeky and unhelpful, but that’s really what it comes down to - there doesn’t seem to be any reason to stack them and the silencers do the same thing subsonic does re: radar, so subsonic basically exists if you want to use a different muzzle attachment

dead drop basically works as follows: it’s a quick charging field upgrade that, when activated, means that when you next die whatever kill count you had transfers over to your next life - it won’t give you duplicates of streaks you’ve already earned, but it’s a nice way of working up to higher streaks over multiple lives (since 2x 4-5 kills in a row is frequently much easier than 8-10)

you won’t have it up 100% of the time, but it does come back very fast, especially since lives where you get significant kill streaks going also naturally build a lot of charge

however worth noting that it’s currently bugged so that if you earn your final kill streak while it’s activated, you’ll return to life one kill short of the final kill streak, allowing you to almost instantly re-earn it, which is how you’re seeing people chain multiple copies of high-tier kill streaks

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 21, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Does using a preferred weapon also level that operator faster? I know it levels the weapon faster, but does it also do the same thing the other way?

I believe so (which is why it shows the operator xp icon)

probably the same 10% bonus, but haven't checked/tested it

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Skyarb posted:

I'm gonna need some broken builds stat. Gotta know what to work towards. I've seen the talk about the the svd, what else is busted?

the MP40 has a build that will 2 shot to limbs (8mm Kurz and Hollow Point ammo) and it's just pretty good generally (good ttk combined with great handling stats)

combat shotgun was nerfed but is still incredibly strong (need to actually land multiple pellets now but its easy to build it for crazy range and it works well with incindiary before you get packed powder + relevant attachments or buck and slug)

you can run reach and bayonet on a whole bunch of guns and it's good fun

but like... in general all of the ARs and SMGs have some sort of good build atm, even the relatively bad ones like the Sten, and absent the 30 Russian Short + Vital bug I don't know that any of them are "broken" anymore per se - I think the AS44 is the current theoretical ttk leader, but that build is fairly uncontrollable (though it has much more manageable builds with very low ttks). Automaton might be the current controllable AR ttk leader (combining 8mm "Klauser" rounds with the ZAC FA Short gives it notable but controllable recoil that can be compensated for, but also changes the TTK from "competitive 240-280ms" to "blisteringly fast 160ms"). But you can pick anything in those categories and do fine (once you have attachments anyway) - as generalities any gun with 30 Russian Short as an ammo attachment still has a great TTK, and they just significantly toned down the bloom on all the guns so the AS44 and Volk are even better than they were (and they were already nuts if you stacked adequate +accuracy - I took Volk to gold before the buff)

LGD fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 22, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Maybe I will!

I'd love for them to implement a "sidearms only" playlist. Trying to level up the revolver is a pain on the butt.

that would be great

but worth noting that (just as always) the solution to "this gun is unusably awful without attachments" is to play hardcore

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

other good attachments for the shotgun are the Sawed-off barrel (which increases spread but also largely ups damage enough to compensate), and the packed powder and especially buck-and-slug ammunitions are also worth considering over incindiary

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jimbot posted:

There's an exploit with the dogs? I have noticed that sometimes someone calls in dogs there seems to be an never-ending wave of them, but I always assumed it was just from people who were whooping us (and it has been on maps like Dome where it's easy to find a spot and just camp spawns).

kill steaks in general via dead drop, it's just generally best exploited with dogs

dead drop basically works how you'd think it would for the first two kill steaks (meaning you can't earn duplicates), but if you activate it after earning your final kill streak and then die it'll reset you back to a single kill below what you needed to earn that final kill streak, meaning you just need to down a single person to re-earn it

since it's not terribly hard to get that single kill (especially when everyone is distracted by dogs) and dead drop recharges quite fast in conjunction with any kills you do get, it's very possible to do this repeatedly, allowing decent players to chain high level kill streaks at least a few times, which is often enough to win even objective-based game modes

(and it really only takes a decent player, since using dead drop in its intended role is an enormous asset in getting enough kills for a high level streak, since it's often way easier to chain 2x 4-5 kill streaks together than 1x 9-10 or w/e)

Gordon Shumway posted:

"Stuff like broken weapons is fine", seriously?

kinda yeah, MW2-esque "balance" via everything being broken can be fun, and while there are guns that take wayyy too long to come into their own due to how high level the necessary attachments are (and some attachments are indeed bugged/don't do quite what they say), pretty much everything ultimately has completely viable builds with competitive ttks and generally some sort of semi-compelling differentiation/gimmick vis a vis other options in (at least) their own weapon class

MP40 hollow point damage should be fixed, but it's not providing a genuinely disruptive ttk advantage at this point in time (unlike the already-fixed Russian Short + Vital bug where the Type 100 had something like an 88ms ttk, and the StG really was too advantaged vs. most of the other ARs)

e: also, some things on that list are just incorrect - i.e. unless something has changed subsonic ammo most definitely hides you from both the radar/compass, where it differs from silencers (and is potentially bugged) in those interactions is that unlike silencers it deactivates the Ghost perk (if you specifically have it) and Ghost would otherwise be active due to your own movement

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 3, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Deakul posted:

When I say historical accuracy I'm not even talking on the level of a milsim or grognardy shooter of any kind, I kind of hate to play games like Hell Let Loose or Red Orchestra to be honest, I'm really just asking for the bare minimum of actually having maps set in theaters of the war that are recognizable unlike the ~Untold Stories~ bullshit of BF5 and weapons that look and sound like they're from the 1940s.

COD:WW2 could've been my mainstay if it had any semblance of a population on PC but alas.

Boring symmetrical teams and no Ground War mode are pretty much a deal breaker for me as it is so thanks guys.

No I'm not still salty over BF5 being a pile of missed opportunities(god the pacific war update had such promise) why do you ask?

the maps are from recognizable WW2 theaters, the guns look like they're from alternate-universe 1940's filtered through a Saturday morning cartoon + significant time/cultural drift (i.e. they'll be wholly unsatisfying if you want attachments to leave you with a recognizable M1 rifle, but if you're down for some "1940's-esque" fantasy dieselpunk they're fine, and by going maximalist with it/departing so much from reality they bother me less than BFV's half-assed approach)

it's a fun arcade shooter, but yeah unfortunately it sounds like it might not quite be your cup of tea

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Live At Five! posted:

I bought vanguard today because my friends did and I loving love shipment 24/7. I loved it in modern warfare and I love it in vanguard. I played like 12 games and got my mp40 to level 41. That gun is a monster. I know people like the combat shotgun but what else should I be using?

nearly every gun has at least one build that is ultimately competitive (if not necessarily optimal on every map), it's just that some are good out of the box and some of them require extensive grinds to unlock the attachments needed to make them good (and these swings can be pretty dramatic - see the SVT40, which goes from "painful to use in anything but hardcore" to "most busted sniper rifle in the game"), so just kind of go with what seems fun for you at the moment

the cooper carbine from the battle pass might be a good choice once you've got it unlocked since it gets its best attachments early

otherwise basically all the ARs are good, and so are all the SMGs that aren't the Sten (which has a fun mobility build but afaik is still considered one of the worst guns in the game)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

Leveling Marksman rifles in this game is paaaaiiiin

just play them on hardcore, at least until they level up enough to be good

they all eventually become useable, imo the main issue with them is that, as a class, they're really bad out of the box in a way that other weapon classes aren't

(also even in their final forms they suffer from too much flinch and there's no actual way to mitigate it)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

priznat posted:

I’m torn, I want my shooter fix, is Vanguard worth getting on sale? The last CoD I really liked was MW2019. I was playing a lot of caldera clash but the bastards took that away and I’m not interested in the other warzone modes :sigh:

Vanguard multiplayer plays very similarly to MW2019 in terms of movement, ttk, etc. If you liked that odds are quite good that you'll like Vanguard. I paid full price and absolutely feel I've gotten my money's worth of arcade shooting (not the case with Cold War), but ultimately can't tell you if it'll be worth ~$40 to you (for obvious reasons). Despite being "World War 2" the atmosphere/tone is more like Saturday-morning-cartoon COD with fantasy weapons that look "real-ish" because of the set characters and extensive and wildly anachronistic gun modding. You may know this already because of Warzone, but: weapon balance in general is very good, with nearly everything having at one or more viable builds (often with a few flex slots). One caveat to that is that attachments are generally straight upgrades and some (magazines and barrel slots generally, plus a few perks) change the functionality radically for certain weapons, so the initial experience of using any individual gun can be hugely misleading as some are good from the jump (and may or may not get much better) and some require moderate-to-extensive leveling to come into their own.

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 17, 2022

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Yeah MW2019 was unambiguously better, but (once you do get things unlocked) you can genuinely play almost any of the guns successfully in MP (like the least viable gun I can think of is the Sten, an SMG)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Shockeh posted:

Give me Call of Duty: Frontier, an alt history tale of how the civil war began 100 years earlier than expected.

I think Hunt: Showdown really nailed it setting a shooter in ~1895, since it was a really interesting/revolutionary period with a ton of wackiness but also fundamentally functional "modern" or semi-"modern" firearm designs

so like... Call of Duty: Spanish-American War I guess, where you pal around with digital Teddy Roosevelt or w/e