Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Microsoft Entrails is pretty inoffensive as far as microsoft rebrandings go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

starting to sound like it's time to add *.microsoft.com to your pihole

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

taking a trip down memory lane with the last good michaelsoft operation system

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

their horrible revenge against chomebooks

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

microsoft facebook but worse™

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

this page should play that circus theme

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

i still don't really understand how they let zoom take over the entire market overnight

everybody already has an office 365 license! how did you get lapped like that

gee i wonder

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

don't worry, bingtana will be mandatory in a couple months and will let you do the same thing except it will also tell you a cute little story to go with each timer

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Bring back Windows CE

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Also bring back Windows 7

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'll only buy the windows phone if the UI resembles windows 2000 or older

Any windows after that had no aesthetics

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

ask it how to install a good operating system

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

microsoft office should really just be microsoft excel, the only one of the applications that does something actually useful

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Are apps allowed to hook into traffic that way on ios unless they provide vpn tunnels? Is defender for ios just a vpn that lets microsoft spy on you?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i thought the on premise active directory would keep the same name and Entra was just the new name for everything related to identity services in the cloud because "azure ad" made people confused

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the long term plan is definitely to make windows so unusable that it requires a $20/month copilot cloud subscription to get anything done

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Sweevo posted:

i don't think you understand how modern companies operate

sorry

"the deliverables for the next sprint is"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

just let me turn windows classic back on microsoft, make it look like windows 2000

i beg of you

i know all the required code is still in there to stay compatible with win32 but i don't want to have to hack the OS

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/discussions/167

Only registered members can see post attachments!

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Armitag3 posted:

have you tried turning off your ad blocker

:lmao:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyQBhzjnCHM
:barf:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

now that Proton exists the only thing anyone should still be using windows for is running that 30 year old win16 program that controls your industrial CNC lathe

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

and let’s not pretend your computer being unable to update itself to windows 11 is a bad thing

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you have an obligation to use and defend firefox as it is the only browser still standing that isn't yet another sloppy paintjob slapped on top of WebKit

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the ms365 team at work posted at intranet article that is entirely too cheerful about everyone now having access to copilot and bing enterprise chat
i'm getting too old for this

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

an unholy amalgamation of sharepoint, yammer and skype for business
and they trojan horsed it into the office license so now everyone is stuck with it

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

we never knew what we had until it was gone :smith:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

They need a 1024x1024 thumbnail of the website so they can feed it to the bing chat image recognition AI and give you helpful suggestions :q:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

have you tried installing windows 11 offline recently?

beep beep here comes the crapware

(shortly after I remembered this minipc didn't come with a valid windows license and replaced it with batocera linux)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

just disconnect from the internet, it is the source of all our woes

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

can't wait for teams meetings where every participant is a copilot bot arguing with each other

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

infernal machines posted:

stop using office

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you will be assimilated

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

hey remember when microsoft did a live demo of 1984, that was some poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-j2QEGcEu8

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I think a much bigger microsoft crime was to lower the minimum spec of windows 10 to compete with chromebooks

I bought a cheapo win10 laptop on a whim, it came with 2gb ram and 64gb storage and should have been shipped directly from the factory to the landfill. It ran out of disk space and failed to apply patches the first time i connected it to wifi and ran windows update :gonk:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i'm shocked a 4gb laptop with shared graphic memory actually runs timespy and the unigine benchmark

the most offensive part of that laptop is the windows 11 suck mode that tries to lock you in to the windows app store

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I remember my CS class spiraling out of control and becoming a CounterStrike class
The teacher got so frustrated he started pulling the plug on the computers when the students were playing CS instead of paying attention

A couple days later someone had super glued all the power cords to the power supplies

I think I ended up with a good grade in that class because I had installed BeOS on mine and dabbled a bit with the developer tools

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i swear it must be a conspiracy at this point, microsoft and apple has an extortion racket going where windows is made progressively worse so that macbooks can become increasingly expensive

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i like teams because if you don't want to attend a meeting you can just tell people that teams is broken again and they'll believe you no questions asked

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

But an obfuscated unusable user interface is the perfect starting point for integrating with AI copilots because having to ask the computer "where is the loving save button" and waiting for the response from the cloud is somehow faster than manually trying to find it in the ribbon menus now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

lol at all the comments telling Raymond we wouldn’t have to hack explorer.exe if Microsoft would just stop making it worse in every release