Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
thats the game in which a russian oligarch shut off a significant part of the countrys power grid to get ahead right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
old crufty formats are also good sources of security vulnerabilities, like jbig2 and tiff, i have a lot of sympathy for wanting to drop support for that kind of stuff

though in my line of work my team now deals with tiff images on a daily basis, that format is never going away even after ome-ngff is standardized

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I know nothing about teams besides "it's bad because Microsoft made it" but "memory hole everything" is indeed a good setting for work communication

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

seemingly none of the systems talk to each other

theres your problem, my university's sso implementation remembers sign-ons in the same browser session and i often dont have to re-enter my credentials if signing in to a different system, let alone another duo push

also duo push to apple watch is great, seems like a small difference compared to picking up phone but it is quite a bit nicer in practice

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
airpods integration between multiple apple devices does work really well, good point

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
ive only ever had one issue, in which the left airpod started emitting a faint high-frequency noise through the speaker and wouldnt communicate with any devices or charge or be reset/turned off by putting it in the charge case

had to leave it out of the case to let its battery die, been working fine ever since, apparently some people have needed replacements from those symptoms

mine are first-gen normal airpods too

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvX3laQlg14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

im the spellings "Mail flow" in the ui and "Mailflow" in the tooltip

and the odd phrasing of "Mailflow setting is a dropdown with features inside." that obviously didnt get any copyediting