Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

As someone who's lived their entire life in states where abortion is de facto defunct: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's especially funny when people ask how voters don't seem to care about abortion/didn't they know electing Trump would get rid of abortion?

If you live in a deep red state, abortion has never been a real issue that factors into anyone's calculus. Me being pro abortion has about as much real impact on politics as me being a communist. Even the Democrats here are anti-abortion.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

shyduck posted:

touting a fraction of student loans that have and will be forgiven

touting a tiny fluctuation in gas prices

touting tiny healthcare savings for only a few people

screaming about codifying abortion rights they've had generations to do

I think the democrat party is in trouble

Remember when people were confident that Republicans would become a permanent minority party because of demographic destiny? lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mila kunis posted:

i'm being too harsh on corruption. even corrupt party machines used to actually deliver something to keep themselves in power and do incidental good

Yes, that's the really confounding thing about it. No matter how much it's in their existential interest to do so, Democrats refuse to do politics. It's more than just their class or fundraising interests preventing them from doing literally anything - there has to be some kind of ideological blinder that leads them to total impotence. Democrats are watching Republicans cut the brake lines of the electoral system and just going, "you'll be sorry when I start driving that thing around and everyone sees what you've done. I'll wrap myself around a loving tree, and then you'll be really sorry."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

the neoliberal consensus in the Democratic Party and news media see “doing things that will make your citizens want to vote for you” as cheating at politics, as if politics was high school debate club

vote for the democrats because they don’t overtly say racist things like those gross republicans (they’ll just enact the exact same grotesquely unpopular policies)

this also explains their hatred at anyone who chooses not to vote. how can you not think we’re the smarter ones, we said all those nice eloquent things

I felt like this was simplistic at first, but I think there is a lot to it. Like when Nancy Pelosi said, "we're all about identity now," she meant it literally. Democrats are selling people a basket of cultural signifiers that reinforce their own sense of superiority over others. Voting Democrat proves you're a good person, and that's all that counts. Democrats themselves only need to serve the whims of market forces, because as an advanced bourgeois dictatorship those are the only forces that count.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol he hasn't even been in office for a year and the libs are already fantasizing about biden not running somehow

It's hardly a "somehow." There's a good chance he doesn't even survive the year. If they wanted Biden to run again they'd have to strap his rear end to the Golden Throne.

https://twitter.com/queeralamode/status/1468650830127452163?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thoguh posted:

We had to look forward, not backward.

If you like your plantation, you can keep it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

it bothers me that the lesson they're taking from that is "inclusive language is bad" when I expect a portion of respondents literally went "oh that's what Hillary said, gently caress that"

It does give the impression that the only people who use "inclusive language" are disingenuous liberals. "Unity is our strength and diversity is our power," is social fascist language.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

See that actually isn't meaningless at all, it's such a blatant dogwhistle line you should be embarrassed for not recognizing it.

It's a dogwhistle only middle class people can hear.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

politicians using that specific phrasing are absolutely targeting white chuds 100% of the time, if you never noticed this I don't know what to tell you

:thejoke:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

if it is a dog whistle for chuds aren’t a bunch of people admitting they’re chuds because they can hear it?

Pretty sus thread

The Middle Class is "real," and I don't think it's just a dogwhistle. They're also real stupid.

There's a significant population out there still with middle incomes who only care about property value & taxes, and they all vote.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

have any democrats proposed any kind of action or legislation that might prevent things like, I don't know, amazon warehouses collapsing and killing dozens of people being forced to work during a loving SimCity disaster

I propose that you shut up and stop asking questions at this crucial time in our nation's history.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

that's loving hilarious tbh

it could easily be the author and the editor

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It'd be kind of funny if Chris Hayes got his pants caught in the rotating door at MSNBC, and it bares his whole rear end to the street.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this would crack ping me beyond any realm of sanity I still have a toehold in. This would be tinfoil hat and deep woods cabin territory for me.

The polls being wrong would be one of the least crack-pinging possibilities.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/dudeweedmemes/status/1471222066854703114?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nothus posted:

They won't rip them out, but they will sell give them to a private operator.

there's no way that the government expands electrical charging stations without doing it as a public-private partnership.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Libs are so rules-oriented they don't even know how politics work anymore.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Medicare Plus Advantage, brought to you by Amazon

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1471519655101620229?s=20

this is the kind of analytic mind The Economist pays top dollar for

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ikanreed posted:

I think it's not just student loans, which is materially relevant for college educated under-40s. And wouldn't be this slow, steady decline rather than suddenly right now.

It's the entire dem absence of conviction. Everyone sees it.

Even their loving January 6 obsession is half assed, and they aren't using executive authority to arrest tromp, just some lovely procedural subpoenas.

They won't do anything and blame you for it.

I think the media overplayed their hand with all the negative coverage of the Afghanistan withdrawal, leading directly into openly questioning Biden's senility in public. That opened the door for everyone to start complaining about the Biden administration - and it's just been betrayal after humiliation ever since then. All the weak scolding from Democrat dead enders is only making it worse.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The funniest thing would be if Republicans campaign on the fact that Biden stiffed the people on their checks.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

aw come on man, don't do it! please, we're begging ya! don't do it man, come on! boy I'm really gonna hate it if you do that. aw geez look you're signing it and everything. well, guess I have to pass it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I keep those credits for safety reasons. You know. Like when papa gets a little too deep in his drinks and does a lil oopsie doo at 35 mph.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trump would've made a big show of declaring to pull out and then not do anything like he did with all of his other big initiatives. It would've come to a head when the Taliban launched their offensive because we were breaking the agreement to withdraw.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lolmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ever had a job where you push the boundaries of what you can get away with until you're doing practically no work at all? Democrats are doing that for the whole country.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/nickjonas/status/1471934475680374785?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks, Obama.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Oops, I forgot to do anything.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Biden is doing a speedrun of all the worst decisions you could make as a Democratic president. afaik there's still a ticking clock on that medicare privatization program the Biden administration is doing nothing to stop.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jon Carbuncle posted:

I’m glad biden is doing all he can to keep his promise of only serving one term

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Biden is redefining the whole "lame duck" game.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lord of Pie posted:

they've been dead for a while, it's just that the stink is finally getting to be unbearable

The last chance for the Democrats was in the wake of 2016 when a world historical humiliation would've given the party enough cause to clean house of all the incompetents and take the party in a new direction. Instead they doubled down on their failure being Russia's fault, and clinging to power set themselves up for an even more total humiliation in the near future.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Democrats are just gonna let Joe Manchin destroy the party.

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ChavezRavineLA/status/1472313921142865920?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

LastInLine posted:

What more does liberalism have to accomplish? We live in a unipolar wholly neoliberal world, their project is complete. Liberals only have to defend the status quo, they have nothing left to build.

The Liberal project is to stop history, but not to end it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CaptainACAB posted:

Nah they are committing suicide because their ideology demands they do and is packed with contradictions that will inevitably destroy it every time, but they cannot correct because it would cost the bourgeois demons money.

Marx predicted all of this centuries ago. Lenin elaborated on it. All we're seeing now is the two people who have been right more than anyone in history yet again being proven right.

They're ideologically committed to surrendering sovereignty to the bourgeois and having society ruled by market forces. If the market decides Democrats are redundant then that's how it is.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i mean libs are the logical end result of "the truth is always in the middle" ideologically, they don't actually believe in anything except compromise and process and decorum which is what gets you absurdities like a single senator from west virginia derailing a majority in every house and the presidency and Nothing Can Be Done but an nba strike gets barack the islamic shock to quit bulldozing hawaiian beachfront property and blocks of chicago to build temples to himself and make some phone calls

Is that what President Obunghole is up to these days? I thought he was too busy with his Netflix deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

His answer to the "question" was "who gives a poo poo"; or in longer form "sure religion is all fake but no reason to cheer on a bourgeois state making GBS threads on religious minorities for nationalistic reasons"; so yeah he more or less was

Also, it was Bruno Bauer asking The Jewish Question.