Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

No he's a bad guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

What's the shortest "classic JRPG"

Chrono Trigger, probably, discounting stuff like really old DQ games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is the fifth time I have bounced off Tokyo Mirage Sessions which has to be a record for me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
trails of cold steel 3 is on sale so im gonna do that one. im assuming its like most JRPGs where you dont really miss much if you just jump in the middle right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hwurmp posted:

Trails of Cold Steel 3 continues a story that was begun seven games ago and if you haven't at least played the first two Cold Steels you will have utterly no idea what is going on

is it a thing where i can probably figure most of it out via context like jumping in a tv show

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:cheerdoge:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rarity posted:

Dead Space question: if I upgrade a weapon with power nodes, sell it off and buy it back later will those upgrades still be there or do I have to start over?

I think you get half the value of the nodes back when you sell the weapon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I pick hard if there's a "very hard" unless i hear otherwise

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

this is cool if you also do more damage to enemies

There's an infamous boss fight in persona 5 royal which is a huge brick wall on normal and much easier on Merciless because it increases the damage from weakness/critical attacks and you absolutely need that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also unless it isn't practical not being able to adjust difficulty (or adjust it upwards) is BS, Yakuza games and the last Fire Emblem had the same problem where normal was way too easy and you couldn't adjust it upwards to actually make the game enjoyable though I think this got fixed in the last few Yakuza

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

everyeone who has trouble with that boss fight and is going to buy smt5... well let s just say many laughs are abotu to be had :D

to be FAIR that was like the only fight in the game that required any sort of tactical thinking beyond "hit the weakness" especially bc that game already had the problem of most bosses basically just being damage slugfests

it was actually cool to figure out how to get the party composition to get the full boosted baton pass going but that's like the only time in the entire game where even thinking tactically is necessary

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Which persona 5 boss is this... I don’t remember struggling with any of them :cool:

it was the restaurant CEO guy boss, and it was only on Royal where you had to kill groups of enemies in like two turns or they'd full heal

the way you did it was to use the damage boosts you got from full baton pass relays to hit them all with a maximized baton pass sweep attack but a lot of people got stuck because persona simply isn't a very tactical game for 99% of it and suddenly being asked to play it that way was a brick wall

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Harrow posted:

You played the normal version IIRC, they all got changed in Royal. Shadow Okumura is much harder in Royal and is basically a baton pass test.

The big thing people would gently caress up was using a sweep attack to start with because knocking down every enemy with the first attack means you can't extend the baton pass beyond 1

i actually really liked figuring that fight out but it really made a lot of people mad lol. also because weaknesses are more damaging to both you and enemies on harder difficulties, the fight is actually easier on Merciless

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the switch needs more games in the strand genre

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell Biker is my friend and also a hard carry through the burger CEO palace

E) I want to d a full Irish playthrough if possible

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

the good news is, there still isn't any point in having one

its got no fucken games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the true PS5 is me waiting for another PSTV to arrive at the used games shop near me so i can play persona 4 golden and trails of cold steel on the tv

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
idk where i would even put the ps5 if i got one. it is so god forsaken huge and my entire TV stand is taken up by the TV and a pair of speakers. it might as well be a freaking x boxx

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imagining owning both an x box and a playstation 5. you would have to live in like the Louisiana Superdome for that to happen

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im honestly thinking of picking one up since game pass seems neat. unfortunately it also has no games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the current day xbox controller............ oh baby............

i love the switch pro controller still but nintendo please discover analog triggers so i can play racing games ty

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

The worst is when game journalists were comparing every single hard game to Dark Souls.

oblivion with guns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rarity posted:

Dead Space:

Ahahaha the ship that was gonna rescue us picked up an escape pod with an alien in and now they're hosed too this shitshow just doesn't end

"picking up an escape pod from the ship having alien infestation issues" one of the oldest mistakes in the book

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

Hold your fire, there's no life forms. Must have short circuited.

hope that guy got fired for making such a giant fail

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
avgn voice: what were they THINKING

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larryb posted:

Seriously, just blast the pod into oblivion while you have the chance. Movie over, Empire wins.

one of the top 10 fail moments in empire history for sure

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they should port super star wars to the switch. i dont care if someone else publishes it, those games were ftw and luke could do the metroid screwattack with the light saber

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they should port super star wars to the switch. i dont care if someone else publishes it, those games were ftw and luke could do the metroid screwattack with the light saber

i just found out the games have Vita releases. game changer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larryb posted:

I know there’s a PS4 version of the first one at least, but yeah a port of the whole trilogy would be cool.

they didn't do the others????? rear end

wii VC wins again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked Witcher 3 but I played it on easy because it is literally a game that would be improved as a visual novel or walksim. everything I liked about it was the quest and writing design, and the combat was just borderline tolerable

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
western developers figure out how to do fun third person ARPG combat challenge

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Andrast posted:

Cyberpunk was the world's highest budget eurojank game and it owned

dang now I want to play this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

There's shallow and then there's "half the selectable skills in the game do not work as intended or at all."

stats and skills having no effect is a sworn right of Eastern European RPG developers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bad move for him to have a setting which doesnt let him implement retro bicycles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

do not add a bowsette option.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

who the heck is josh sawyer

hes the guy who did fallout new vegas and also spends $69,420 on vintage bicycles in the bicycle thread, on Something AWful Dot Com

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cheetah7071 posted:

Ligature balls lmao

lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

and yet by the time i was out of the prologue i had enough working or broken punch upgrades to play one-punch-woman for 90 hours. The final boss died in one, maybe two heavy punches like every other mech and person in the game.

i'm rapidly becoming Cyberpilled 2077

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

no gently caress you