Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Willo567 posted:

Is N64 emulation extremely bad, because most people on here say it's fine and serviceable

mixed depending on the game. OoT is the one with the most noticeable issues like broken fog effects and glitched textures. it has like 5 frames of input lag which is pretty drat bad in a game that runs at 20 fps

the other games in the expansion seem mostly fine imo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

has OOT ever run at a steady 30 in an official capacity?

3DS version

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

things that are fine and serviceable for some people will be not fine and serviceable for other people, hth

as a non-speedrunner, I find aiming in the NSO version of OoT to be really annoying and garbage. aiming was already kinda annoying in the original game but it’s so bad in this port with the input delay.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thunder Bear posted:

Just take a breather, dudes. Majora's Mask is gonna come soon and sort all this out.

if oot has emulation issues on switch then mm definitely will have them too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

this but unironically

oot doesnt run badly, therhes a frame of input latency. frame rate wisie everything is solid.

it’s a lot more than a frame of latency, closer to 5 frames (in a 20fps game)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

so you havnt played it
/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

Say Stux is right without saying Stux is right.

stux is often right but right now he is wrong (and crying(like a little baby))

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

i'm the one staring into the camera, eyes locked in horror as i realize i'm being observed

there's like at least 10 of those

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it was actually a really smart move for them to give Sin and Punishment its own unique bindings in NSO, where the right stick functions like a second analog stick instead of emulating the C buttons

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

I know the dev is within their rights to get more money, but was it ever announced that Isaac: Repentance would be paid DLC? I don't remember reading about it.

yes it was mentioned many times

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there are too many good games :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's finally SMT season.

lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the persona comparisons are dumb because SMT is better than Persona

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dread is very good but am I supposed to have more than 3 energy tanks by the time I get to the G zone or am I just bad because this miniboss kills me in 3 hits

If you mean the underwater boss, i think I had 4 energy tanks by then?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

getting rich and building your dream home in an island paradise and then only eating microwaved food

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

online mario party is so much fun
entire narrative arcs playing out in the form of stickers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Achmed Jones posted:

does metroid dread do the thing that super metroid did where there's like green and orange doors, and you have very limited missiles or bombs or whatnot, and if you're colorblind you're boned bc you can't tell that the door is a new color, and don't have the missiles for a "shoot every door" strategy?

nb that i have not played super metroid for a long time so i might not be remembering accurately

the missile and super missile doors are decorated with different shapes from each other on top of being color-coded so you should be fine.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

I always the difference between pokermans games was one would have half of the pocketmens and the other game had the other half of the porkrangoons

:imunfunny:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Pretty cool that Nintendo is hosing buttmad nerds for double pokesterman games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4mY4FHyT80

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gen 5 ruled

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

b_d posted:

skipped like 6 pages. everybody shut the gently caress up i have a headache. anything cool going on. quietly, please.

Mario party

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this is my unrealistic standard of beauty

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

today’s the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rdAiKUJ6k

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Agrias120 posted:

It annoys me so much. Same with how the mobile versions don’t have controller support, so I couldn’t even pick them up for tablet instead if I wanted.

what kind of psycho sits at their iPhone with a controller

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

kinda sounds like every port ever on this machine

they’re bad on all the other machines too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they’re two decade old games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i must defend the honor of rockstar games with my life

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

even more so

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FFX actually does have a 7-style relationship mechanic but it’s weird and obscure and doesn’t really change much

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my defence is “I don’t give a gently caress”

it seems like you give a lot of a gently caress actually

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

standard

a bit out but pretty close

vivid

oops!

anynwya if you would like to explain how your special dev eyes invalidate this go ahead :D

wow cool triangles

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol so I was exactly right when I estimated that the OoT port had a quarter second of lag, incredible.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

seems good to me. i dont go for that nerd poo poo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Boba Pearl posted:

How does it compare to Persona?

it’s way better because you don’t need to sit through 3 hours of expository dialogue from high schoolers between each demon fight

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

look at that subtle switch on the bottom to change what device you're connected to. the slight refinement of it. oh my god, it even has a profile switcher.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no pac man world :negative:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's a pretty good Pokémon remake. There was clearly love put into the little details.

you can’t strike a pose by spinning the control stick like in SwSh, poo poo game, 0/10, gamefreak has screwed us again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I got owned by the first boss of smtv lol

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Shield sucks poo poo for the most part but the Zeus aspect rules. You can't use the time limit for heat with it very effectively but you can insta delete whole rooms in Elysium with the right boons

I love the shield but the nice thing is that if there’s a weapon you don’t like there’s probably an aspect that will make you like it