Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SeANMcBAY posted:

If we can't get a new F-Zero on Switch than we should at least get a new Excite game. I was playing Excitetruck/Excitebots on my Wii U yesterday and those games kick major rear end.

They could release Excitebots with minor graphic upgrades and just pretend it is a new game given how poorly promoted the original was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

banjo kazooie is better than mario 64

This is how I felt as a kid and I am looking forward to seeing how right or wrong I was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Banjo has a bird that lets him fly. I can't even imagine how Mario would ever fly. He doesn't have a bird that lives on him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Xenomrph posted:

How much is the Nintendo Switch online subscription service and is it worth getting?

If you think you'll play the Animal Crossing paid DLC it is definitely worth the premium version mentioned above. If not it depends how much you like N64 games.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Glad they are finally adding the best SNES RPG to Switch Online.

It has been years since I played Legend of the Seven Stars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Expansion Pass went from "It's a little expensive for the N64 games but I'll get a little use out of the AC DLC too" to basically paying for itself with the Mario Kart DLC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ragequit posted:

Well if the NVidia leak holds true, and it has been right about a bit so far, there is a Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster on the way.

Need some Earth Defense Force on the Switch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think I've just been correcting too many papers so seeing all the red lines set me off.

Over here the students have to do a Oral Presentation to pass their Baccalaureat (for a high school diploma). They're encouraged to do it on a personal subject but that also pertains to class. I teach English literature and culture and the themes are fairly basic and generic so it's not rare I get students who want to apply them to games they get, but are afraid that if they do so they won't be taken seriously, especially by older thinking teachers who make up the juries, which I don't think is fair.

Like yeah, that's a funny piece and clearly not mean to be serious, but why not discuss the philosophical merits of Mario?

It's a toy and while it is fine to bring in toys for show and tell we should not try to ruin toys with boring things like philosophy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kirby rules. I love Kirby but I am generally more into the non traditional Kirby games (Pinball Land, Dream Course, Canvas Curse, Epic Yarn) and this is so good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Type B of course.

Kirby games are almost always some of the best games on their systems. Kirby's Adventure is one of the best NES games, Super Star is one of the best SNES games, Crystal Shards is one of the best N64 games, Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland are two of the best Wii games, and so on. So Forgotten Land is going to be one of the best Switch games.

Pinball Land is the best game on the Game Boy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Of the three console F-Zeros I think X is the one I like the least but probably played it the most due to it being middle school and we needed more multiplayer games.

That said I still love it and am excited especially with the N64 controller.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
F-Zero X with one of the N64 controllers is bliss. Much nicer experience than playing with a Classic Controller on the Wii.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Larryb posted:

Daisy is probably the best Mario princess in general honestly (even her weird voice has kind of become endearing to me after a while)

Sorry but it's real hosed up that she has teeth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Foul Fowl posted:

the switch has way more broken and lovely ports than any other console. and no refunds. that's why you never buy switch ports at launch.

I bought Breath of the Wild at launch and feel pretty good about it. Did I make a mistake?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Foul Fowl posted:

why are you asking me?

You said to never buy ports at launch!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I do not care about piracy in general but pirating a Kirby game is disgusting the little guy needs all the royalties he can get. He is very hungry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hughmoris posted:

Rookie Switch question:

I bought a standard Switch that I've connected to my TV, and I have the one controller that came with it. I have family coming to stay with me for a few days. Are there any recommended 2 player couch co-op games that can be played by splitting that one controller in to 2 pads?

The family member is older so hopefully something slow paces like golf or streets of rage etc...

Good Job! is extremely fun and simple.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Speaking of Duck Hunt, I never had a WiiU, and was shocked to learn that an updated-ish version was sold on the VC there.

I miss that game.

They should make Duck Hunt 99. No idea how just make it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rumors that Switch Online will support the transfer pak has me way too excited to play some Game Boy games on an HD TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

American McGay posted:

I'd temper your expectations. It doesn't even support the controller pak lol. Regardless of if those Gameboy leaks are real, they're still just testing stuff and not really indicative of final features.

I don't care about the transfer pak the news is just making me excited to play some Kirby's Pinball Land on my TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Trucker Hat posted:

DK Tropical Freeze lovers: is there a moment where the game just clicks and it becomes awesome, or is it from the get go?

I'm like three levels in and having a miserable time.

For me it was when I played in Funky Mode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

American McGay posted:

I wasted about 40% of my teens doing flips in Rush 2 stunt mode.

Did Rush 2 have the hidden half pipe? Loved fooling around with that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

American McGay posted:

Rush 1 had the hidden stunt area in a cave on the side of a cliff in one of the tracks.

Rush 2 had a dedicated stunt mode with an infinite timer that tracked your high scores.

I had a feeling it was in Rush 1 but it seemed impossible that there was just a hidden stunt area in a track. Glad it was real.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Larryb posted:

I kind of liked that Super Paper Mario basically played like a standard Mario game that just happened to include some RPG elements and wouldn’t mind a sequel either (or at least a port and/or remake)

It's not an exciting game to play but I found it really charming and funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zuzie posted:

If I recall, the 3DS has the most number of Zelda titles on it that can be played through various means

You could play the NES, and Game Boy games on either one, plus the 3D remakes, the DS games, LBW and if you had an ambassador you could get Minnish Cap, or a New 3DS you could play LTTP. Come on Nintendo get those and Crossbow Training on Switch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Willo567 posted:

lol at nintendo life's snow bros special review that's just whining about how simple it is. one of the worst reviews i've read on the site

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/snow-bros-nick-and-tom-special

Is it a good game?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Takoluka posted:

I'm curious as to how you played Splatoon 1 (or games in general), because I tend to have my controllers at torso level when I play, well out of my periphery.

Is your TV on the ceiling?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

An Actual Princess posted:

now i am very curious how y'all hold your controllers because it is never anywhere near my periphery

If I sit straight up and keep my hands as close to my stomach as possible they are just barely outside my peripheral vision when looking at a screen. If I slouch at all like I would on a couch it's basically impossible to get my hands outside of my periphery when looking at a TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fawf posted:

it's very strange it wasn't there already, Urban Champion is the last NES game that I'm shocked is missing for how obvious it is, even if the game sucks rear end. Seemed like Nintendo was keen on it for a while, it was even one of the few games that got a 3D Classics release

Also Japan got Umihara Kawase which is good as hell and any subscriber can download any of the system apps from any region so I'd give it a play

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1529993736586813440

Will probably put some time into Congo's Caper and mess around with Pinball. I've enjoyed a lot of these weird games. Mario RPG would still be better but I'm having fun!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Willo567 posted:

Data East was a good company with a lot of good games like Burger Time, Magical Drop, Boogie Wings and Karnov. They also published Karate Champ, which laid the foundation for the fighting game genre. It's a drat shame they aren't as appreciated just because their games weren't as popular as Capcom or Konami's

I hope they add the NES Burger Time to Switch online, it's pretty different from the Arcade version that was released.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Willo567 posted:

Are you thinking about the Gameboy port? I thought that the NES version was pretty much a port of the Arcade version

It's possible I haven't played it in a long time. I should play the Arcade version some more I hated it with the Pro Controller D Pad but now I've got the SNES controllers (and this is coming from someone who has logged way too much time on the Intellivision version.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

I never do this for any game

Me either I must be missing out on a lot of depth in Mario Kart and Kirby.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can't wait for Shredder's Revenge. 4 days!

I'm gonna trash so many uhhhh...food service foot soldiers. :getin:

Glad they knew what I loved about Turtles in Time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Silver Falcon posted:

Back in my day we made up our own achievements. :colbert:

"Beat the game with only this weapon"? Did that!

"Romance all the romanceable characters"? Check!

"Beat the game in x amount of time"? Done and dusted.

Nothing stopping anybody from doing the same.

Refuse to play as any machine other than the Blue Falcon in F-Zero X despite it making life very difficult if not impossible? Still doing that :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PantsBandit posted:

So is the Xenoblade direct the only one we're getting for E3 time? I was hoping to see some new Bayonetta stuff.

There have been rumors of a Direct on the 28th or 29th.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Read After Burning posted:

This is the perfect de-stressor for today's lovely headlines. New Pokemon Snap is/was fantastic, but there's just something about replaying a game from my childhood that I know like the back of my hand.

Please share a screenshot. :3:

I want to start a PYF Cozy Locations in Games thread, dammit.

I loved New Pokemon Snap so I was really excited to play the original again. I may have briefly played it on Wii VC but I don't think I've played it since N64. At first I was slightly disappointed at how limited it is, but once I got the fruit it was really enjoyable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

you could play metroid prime hunters instead, literally the worst game i ever paid money for

I liked Hunters, it wasn't a great game but pretty enjoyable and fun multiplayer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

pilotwings 64 is low-key a top 10 n64 game and is not on switch yet

also while not nintendo-developed, diddy kong racing is awesome and the presence of banjo-kazooie on switch online means dkr should be coming at some point

Excitebike 64 as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

American McGay posted:

Kirby Fall Guys better not be more than $20.

I would pay $60 for this too bad it's fake, imagine believing there is a Nintendo UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wow 2028 is even later than the doomsayers in the thread were saying.