Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i didn't, but i sussed out toals theory and then voted merk when i felt good about toal. in between dealing with you and bif which tbh took up most of my capacity.

ummmmm idk if i'm feeling voodoo more than bif.

hmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow. Busy night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So we have an alternating role.

And double kills have alternated as well?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also this eleventh hour claim from voodoo. Wow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami you seem pretty frantic today.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol it’s not really ever the type of argument to convince people, but if I was SK or scum I would have offed bif and / or yami after day 2.

Like there’s no way I’d be leaving another Aussie around until lylo if I was not town.

We’ve got heaps of time. I’m quite happy to hold this day out till the end. I want to review night action claims now with yami and voodoos claims.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scum voodoo wants sk to kill scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

For your convenience, beet:

Ty.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

The slip is simple: Going from that post alone you wouldn't be roleblocking bif.

Not to mention, Bif was tracked nowhere the previous day and you knew you weren't responsible for it. Why roleblock Bif then?

It really just looks like an excuse to for that night.

But hum flipped town that day. You seem to think no one changes opinions after a flip? Especially on a day where people were floating Bif as SK?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Yami's hiding stuff for later just makes way more sense for a doctor (scum can just go around it if they know its restrictions) than it does for a roleblocker, especially after people were trying to think through roleblock stuff to make any sense out of Hum, and a lot of presumptions were made based on scum binus being the only block out there.

I'm still leaning Voodoo but I wanna see where Beet lands here

yes, i agree, however it's also not a normal doctor claim. i'm amused by the doctor / SK alternating role idea here to be honest. though by entertaining it does not necessarily mean i believe in it. i want to do a recap of the night actions.

one thing i know for certain is people are becoming very unchill and i think everyone should chill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

##vote Voodoofly

oh my

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm getting ready for work, logging in etc, and trying to do some 'a beautiful mind' solving montage about how both the sk and scum have to hit the other today to deduce, through votes and strength of argument, who is who today.

i don't think it's working.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

not yet anyhow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well aside from the observation that bif, yami and deadmeat all being keen to vote voodoo, suggests to me that the one of them that is scum / sk are pretty sure voodoo is the other scum / sk as they wouldn't risk wasting today's vote on a town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hands up who would 100% vote me today?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's a serious question.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh look that doesn't matter.

no i still haven't caught up on night action mafia, but this is where my montage led me.

i feel i've been kept around to be the easy vote tomorrow. out of bif, yami and deadbeat, there's no way any of those three would side with me against the other remaining one. well deadmeat is a bit more of an unknown, but yami and bif seem almost lock step. which makes sense if one of them is the scum / sk as there seems to be some overt buddy up in thread this game.

so what i can see, then, is that it's either bif or yami as the scum / sk.

i feel it's yami.

yami has being doing a really great job of clearing bif's night actions to demonstrate how in the clear bif is. this defending / playing for bif is buddying up 101. they've also tried clearing deadmeat away too, today, but i don't think that's really so much as buddying up as it is just clearing people to help their case on voodoo. that said, their points about bif and deadmeat are decent enough that i actually kind of agree with them. so i feel i can reasonably take them out of the equation, leaving voodoo and yami.

other points in favour:

- insistent it has to be voodoo today above all others. bif is keen on voodoo but seems more open to considering other options. yami is solidly 100% it has to be voodoo today. deadmeat seems pretty chill.

- toal highlighted yami's slip about circs killers being scum.

- yami seemed to defend bif from the get go when i went in on her, and seemed to be totally sure of her alignment. i called out this type of play, and toal said something similar later on. if sk, clearing town or scum is a net positive. if they're scum they would likelyt keep you around longer, if town, well that's likely based on the odds.

some other cool thoughts i had:

- dr jekyll and mr hyde flavour town: the strange case of dr jekyll and mr hyde is about the duality and unpredictability of a seemingly good person, that is also capable of shocking evil. i think the idea of a protective doctor role that must kill on alternating nights really fun.

- alternating role, alternating night kills.

- yes they claimed to have doctored maer. they could have just as easily killed them. depends on their role and the alternating nature of it.

anyway that's a lot of thoughts about yami.

what it says to me is that voodoo has to be scum. if they flip sk well, poo poo. but if they flip scum it's 100% yami.

there's only one way to find out!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'll pretty much vote voodoo today, but could also vote yami.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning!

Eh maybe I was wrong in some of my thinking yesterday. Maybe I wasn’t? Really not sure what else to say / do here?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’d point out that game theory wise pretending Bif was the target, or even legitimately targeting Bif, is 100% meant to frame me.

However you’ll probably point out that maybe I withheld a kill to play this exact line. Wifom and all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Fun, classic MYLO.

I'm just gonna let y'all say your piece first, but I don't want to no-lunch today cause that won't actually help.

Oh no, of course. We have to vote today.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well:

It’s Bif and her case on me from the get go was bad and yami protecting her is just some meta friendship that’ll tank the game for town.

It’s yami and they’ve spent a lot of time nit picking me to reaffirm their case and Bif is blind to that fact from meta with me and yami as per above.

It’s deadmeat and well, we’ve let it all cruise and massive congrats to them if so.

:shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m sorry if it’s not you yami because you have put in a hell of a lot of effort to be wrong.

If you’re scum you’ve played a pretty drat good game. A++ effort all round.

Can I propose we not draw this out by playing our greatest hits? I’m sure we all know who we want to vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Anyway, I think beet just gave up at this point.

No I’m just getting kids ready for school and me ready for work.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Exhibit A:

Did not call out merk's fake claim about beet's flavor as a lie.

Lol I was in a meeting at that time as it was the middle of the work day and was completely absent for hammer, 12 hours before end of day.

Hypothetical, why would I use the flavour in my claim that Merk threw out? There’s a billion monsters I could have made claims to be.

Merk knew there was a Wolfman and Dracula which makes me think it was one of scum who accidentally saw the channel names.

quote:

Exhibit B:

This is immediately dropped, which I feel like is unlike b-.

b- constantly lightly busses beet but never actually acted upon it. This is in stark contrast to how much attention they were trying to draw to deadmeat:

Idk how I’m expected to answer for binus’s play?

quote:

Exhibit C:

Beet during day 2 basically does not engage with the merk case at all until they vote them. And even then they're throwing shade bif and my way. Their defense was also hyper-aggressive and picking the target apart for weaknesses rather than analyzing scumminess.

Meanwhile, merk spends a lot of this day defending beet by questioning bif's vote. Mutually defense by scumbro.

I was kind of at capacity dealing with you and Bif all day 2.

Like, you seem to posit that I wouldn’t interact with my scum team in thread. Bif would know that I am quite capable of bussing my scum mates hard. Bif does it too. We’ve done it together to a great success in the past. I’m sure I’ve done it in games you’ve hosted yami.

I could take offence that you’d think I’d make such a basic error as ‘not engage with scum bros’. (I won’t because it’s just a game)

quote:

Exhibit D:

Hinted who the tracker was. Considering nobody else seemed to have commented on this (hell, even I only realized because of this post), this post seems to come from a perspective of someone having info they're not supposed to have.

Why would I telegraph that to thread if I was scum? In what way would that benefit me or my team as scum?

It was super obvious the way maer voted them after what toal said, that it was maer.

quote:

Exhibit E:

Instantly switches their stance of "I don't believe in a doc/sk dual role" to "oh yes, totally SK" stance. Note this post just now:

"If Voodoo is scum, Yami is SK". Except Voodoo flipped SK and... now I'm scum anyway...?"

This read does not make sense. My on suspicion is that Hambeet, by making Deadmeat look like the towniest of a bad lot, was trying to pocket deadmeat to get them to vote me.

This is exactly why I docced Bif last night -- because I revisited all of the content and realized exactly what hambeet was doing there - they were trying to butter up deadmeat to get them to vote me (someone they were suspicious of) so bif would 100% be the target. And guess what? I was right.

yes, docced. I was lying about being stuck in BG and Beet ran straight into my double-layered trap.

I believe deadmeat, a relative newbie, would have targeted me instead tbh.

Oh, and they don't seem surprised at all that I was lying about being a BG and instead was still a doc. Presumably because I blocked their kill.

I might not also have known about the BG being a
lie because I’m not a killing role. But you’re trying to pin that on me when neither Bif not dead meat have commented on it either?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Anyway, I think beet just gave up at this point.

No I wanted to respond because I believe town should never give up, but am also 97% confident that you and Bif aren’t actually going to be swayed by anything I have to say. You especially, considering you decided Bif was town on day 2 and subsequently decided I was scum.

Like from my point one of you has pulled the wool over the other’s eyes and I’m on the outer due to meta, or it’s deadmeat and the some of the loudest players have all steered themselves off a cliff.

I’d lean on you still yami over Bif at this point purely because you’ve missed the root cause of you cases flaw in assuming Bif was town and I was scummy for omgusing her. No matter how you try paint it that’s where you started on me this game.

Then possibly deadmeat. Night actions seem to clear Bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

On reflection I’d actually be down for doing this all day, but only if Bif and deadmeat think it’s still anyone’s game. We know where yami is voting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh I had a thought I neglected to raise yesterday and it’s along the line of yami forcing a case on me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also lol I'm fairly sure that beet is the SK now. Look how gung-ho about voting Meen based on the b- kill.

I believe that b- was killed specifically to frame Meen:

Beet also came up with a bunch of reasons why it hum couldn't have absorbed the shot:

This looked fine back in the day but given that B- was killed by an SK and then hambeet immediately pounced on this with their first big post in the day and hammered, it does kind of look like beet may have set up meen specifically as a scapegoat to get another double kill night and get us into LYLO.

Yami tries to apply a gung-ho ness to my voting that isn’t there with meen, considering they were first out the gate voting them.

Also they were sure I’m sk at that juncture, then made reasoning for why I would be either later, and now I’m scum. But I am criticised for changing my opinions?

Like I could probably wax lyrical about how they’re forcing things to fit their feelings on me, well actually I think I banged on about that clearly on day 2, as well as yesterday and now today. I think I’m a bit flat because I only saw this coming yesterday and didn’t do enough early game to hold it off.

I have another full day of meetings. Happy to try come around and address things later if I think they add value, but I’ll be super duper honest yami, I’m not that keen to reply to more long posts point by point, because it’s fairly obvious you don’t want a response from me as you’ve made up your mind. You just want a rubber stamp from the others.

I’d accuse you of being gloating scum but I genuinely don’t believe you would do that.

Bif on the other hand… :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m far to focused on my survival when I started by saying let’s not draw this out, and then respond after you poked me about not wanting to refute your points? I feel you’re being unreasonable here.

Yeah I bit back at Bif on day 2, but that’s because it was a bad case. As was yours. I had other town players agree with me on both points at different times! I’m allowed to call out bad cases and logic, just because they’re on me doesn’t mean they should be ignored or hand waved away as an omgus.

Anyway sweet dreams sweet yami.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok well if Voodoo had flipped scum, I would be much more willing to see Yami as the SK but I have a really hard time buying Yami as scum vs Beet after all of D2. Yeah pocketing is always a risk, but he had a chance there to actually get me out if he had just not railed against the votes piling up on me. Ok maybe he wanted to keep me around to have a buddy, but he'd know from Bezzlebees just a bit ago that I got no problems at all turning on him the minute he does something sus.

I'm gonna wait for Deadmeat to show up though to actually cast his vote, if he disagrees and thinks it's Yami I'll at least talk it through first

Hi Bif I don’t get what you mean here about railing against the votes on day 2? Are you suggesting I should have defended you as the votes piled up? I thought you were scummy and my opinion didn’t undergo review until after Merk flipped as that gave me more info?

Like even then I wondered if we had two scum up for lunch and you were just bussing each other (which I know you can do quite comfortably) however I thought maybe I’m over ‘meta-ing’(TM) it and came out to say I was wrong about you on day 3.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Beet and Yami feel scummy to me. Even after the doctor claim.

Bif what are you again?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok then I'm pretty sure it's Beet

##vote beet

Lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I’ll wait for yami.

Town should never vote self :eng101:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Roar?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So I’ve been smoking a fatty and had some deep thoughts.

The two flipped scum this game have been living fictional humans who have been the protagonists in monster or monster tangentially related movies.

The Janitor in Willys Wonderland
Peter Venkman from Ghost Busters

We also have the serial killer as Santa Clause, an exception to the above but quite honestly not a monster for sure.

The rest of us are monsters. The rest of us are classic horror movie monster dating back to mid lay century, but all created pre-2000.

Day 0 was the creature from the black lagoon(1954), then Gremlins(1984) Frankensteins Monster (1818 novel and movie 1931) Michael Meyers (1978), Imohtep (1999), Jason Vorhees (1980), wolfman (1941), Chucky (1988), Beetlejuice (1988)

I’m Dracula (1897 novel and 1931 film)
Bif is Freddy Krueger (1985)
Yami is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886 novel and 1921 film)

And deadmeat is the Demogorgon (2016).

Yes it’s in d&d, yes it’s mentioned in Christian literature as a denizen of hell but never a horror novel nor a horror movie. It is quite clearly here the odd one out.

Just a thought.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

Merk's claim was great and fun,

i loving lolled hard at that merk. calling me not dracula? poor drac!

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah thanks Plastic, that's a hell of a nice first game to mod.

oh wow first game plastic? very well done!