Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
And Ed Sheeran too sure.

My laptop’s WLAN card went out this week and I’m waiting for a replacement to get here, so we will be phoneposting this month’s thread. Thankfully the Awful app makes posting videos and pictures easy.

Kieran Culkin kicks off the month, from a show called Succession which I do not watch so I can not tell you about it. What I can tell you is that Culkin first appeared on SNL 30 years ago, November 23 1991, when his brother Macauley hosted in S17.

He had small parts in two sketches, a Richmeister bit and the 10-to-1 as the son of a medieval archer. You can see a rerun of this episode, from April 25 1992, in potato quality here. The last 2.5 minutes are sadly cut off, but you takes whats you can gets. And hey, Tin Machine!

And Ed Sheeran got Covid so he had to stay in LA or wherever until today, which means he missed the usual Thursday blocking session to rehearse his songs. And he missed the Thursday promos, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L6W0k_bLzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyi20gLszzo

And tonight’s Vintage is (stiffles yawn) Timothee Chalomet with Bruce Springsteen from last December. I don’t know about anybody else, but that 1991 episode is my “vintage” for tonight.

Enjoy the show!

<3 al!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hello friends.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Of course he makes a perfect Rodgers

pwn
May 27, 2004

James Austin Johnson’s Trump!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Who is doing The Great Orange, and whose genitals do I have to orally pleasure in order to ensure that it's never Alec Baldwin again?

pwn
May 27, 2004

The first time i’ve laughed at a trump snl bit

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
God drat this Trump is incredible. I'd seen his YouTube videos but this is just another level.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

JAJ loving slayed that

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
OK... what was the problematic sketch?

pwn
May 27, 2004

tarlibone posted:

OK... what was the problematic sketch?

I double checked to make sure there wasn’t a live sketch cut from the repeat i watched earlier, and there are only two bits he was in. Just a 90s-SNL-was-problematic joke i think.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure I needed Dionne twice in one night tbh.

pwn
May 27, 2004

:siren: Sheeran is in the studio :siren:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did she get another talk show or are they doing a sketch about a one season talk show from over 30 years ago?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Wow... the real person is meeting the impersonator :wth:

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did she get another talk show or are they doing a sketch about a one season talk show from over 30 years ago?

They just made up the whole talk show structure to joke about her nutso tweets.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Warwick went viral for a few seconds about this time last year for some tweets or something and they did a sketch about her (which, now that i think about it, her cameo in this live show may be why they reran that episode earlier tonight.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is pretty much exactly how bathrooms are at work

pwn
May 27, 2004

Did Tracy improvise his last line? Moffat seemed caught off-guard

Edit: this horse bit haha

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Using the best song from THPS too. Very authentic.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lol that there’s a Goldfinger parody on SNL

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We need another weird horse sketch in the next year or so to complete the trilogy.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I can't believe Ed Sheeran gave Dionne Warwick covid.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Gonzo fucjed that chicken

pwn
May 27, 2004

Cecily’s bringing the real poo poo.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

pwn posted:

drat, that was heavy but so very effective.

pwn
May 27, 2004

poo poo, we are real cramped for time at the end of the show. There’s still 3.5 minutes of ads after this station break.

Edit: well, 3 minutes 15 seconds. So 3.25?

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 7, 2021

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

They picked him up :3:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Catching up on the season so far. In the Kim K / Halsey episode I was like “why am I enjoying this pop star I never heard” before realizing she got Trent Reznor to produce an album which is cool as hell

Honestly Kim herself was not bad. Poked fun at herself was game for a lot. I think

There are SO many people in the cast holy poo poo lol. My wife barely follows SNL but was like “wait they’re still here” for about half of them

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Crazy they had Tracy Morgan hang out in a bathroom stall for a 5 minute sketch just to come out and say 2 lines. :lol:

Kind of curious on how that poo poo works. Like did SNL got Morgan or was he just in town and they were like yea, want to say 2 lines?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That Trump impression is loving unreal

Also Please don't Destroy is 3/3

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 7, 2021

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3PRfAI-yK4

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That Cecily Strong abortion segment is one of the most powerful segments I have ever seen on SNL also one of most important.

Goddamn

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The guest host photo bumpers seemed to be really long?

pwn
May 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

The guest host photo bumpers seemed to be really long?

How long?

Edit: To be clear, most breaks during the show are split between national ads and local time. “Local time” is designated as such because it’s up to each station to insert their ads. The network sends out the bumper and band music so that there isn’t dead air if a station doesn’t run a commercial. Suffice to say, every market’s viewers will have a unique viewing experience based on what ads their station does (or doesn’t) run.

The first three breaks each had 60 seconds for local ads. Were you seeing 60 seconds of bumper? If so your station didn’t run ads for some reason (the MCO wasn’t paying attention/had to take a poo poo). After the pre-WU station break there were two breaks with 30 and 45 seconds for local ads. After the second station break were two all-local breaks, 2:00 and 1:15.

pwn fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 7, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Like, the music ran out and the photo hung around for another 10-20 seconds.

pwn
May 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

So the last break before the goodnights. I’m guessing you missed most or all of the goodnights?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Like did SNL got Morgan or was he just in town and they were like yea, want to say 2 lines?

He was on the Today show earlier in the week promoting The Last OG so probably

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

The_Doctor posted:

It was about seven minutes longer than the normal runtime, though this could be due to how we watched it (I think we're both in the UK).

pwn posted:

Did Tracy improvise his last line? Moffat seemed caught off-guard

They all looked surprised by it and started jumping around. The sketch uploaded to the SNL YouTube channel cuts off as Moffat shrugs so it's safe to assume Tracey broke one of Lornes SNL commandments.

pwn posted:

An amazing moment made even better by the fact she must have hit Colins mic with the flower water as he's muffled for the whole thing.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

pwn posted:

So the last break before the goodnights. I’m guessing you missed most or all of the goodnights?

That happened here in Madison too, it cut in right at the end of the goodnights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I had no strong feelings about Cecily when I first saw her years ago, but watching clips from the past years that I've missed has made her grow on me a lot, she's so versatile and consistently funny. And this abortion bit was so good and raw and still funny, she really doesn't get enough appreciation imo. Good episode in general, I was completely expecting the political sketch to not be funny but it was great for once.