Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Judakel posted:

what is the legal reason why, when pursuing a 1st degree murder charge, they can't bring up the fact he said he was there to shoot people?

the evidence was deemed inadmissible by the judge due to being irrelevant to the case at hand

the court decided

the judge is the court

pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Judakel posted:

what is the legal reason why, when pursuing a 1st degree murder charge, they can't bring up the fact he said he was there to shoot people?

Nazi prosequi

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

vyelkin posted:

honestly no joke reminds me of how german judges in the 20s gave right-wing murderers like 6 months jail sentences for torturing communists to death

I mean the people who stormed the Capitol are getting just months in sentencing so...hmm...

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Defense moves for mistrial with prejudice and Im gonna be loving surprised if they dont get it at this point

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

because then the jury will think it’s premeditated murder

e: does a mistrial result in a new judge getting drawn out of the hat?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

rabble rabble posted:

the evidence was deemed inadmissible by the judge due to being irrelevant to the case at hand

the court decided

the judge is the court

pretty neat

judges can be retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

judges can be retarded

As someone who frequently needs to check judge's sentences and correct them when they do illegal poo poo I can speak to this.

Half the time they respond to my letters with "gently caress off lmao"

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Floor is lava posted:

the judge told them they couldn't mention it despite using the same thing against the victims

The judge ruling that you can’t call the people he murdered “victims” really set the tone for this farce.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

thank you, lmao it's even worse than i thought

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Judakel posted:

the judge literally got pissy at the prosecutor because if we talk about how rittenhouse had been saying for months that he was going to go out and shoot the protesters, that would pretty obviously prove his intent on the night in question was to go out and shoot people. judge wasn't even shy about it

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

mark immune posted:

thank you, lmao it's even worse than i thought

yeah, neither of these were allowed to be admitted into the court, it'd be amusing if the mistrial resulted in this being admitted as evidence in a new trial but lol.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I mean the people who stormed the Capitol are getting just months in sentencing so...hmm...

The person who's received the longest sentence related to the Jan 6 whatever you want to call it was a leftist who wasn't in dc and made non-specific calls to violence.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1458181911541596170?t=FHnS-6ZXto0PFmkGuq74wA&s=19

E: just for reference this guy got more jail time for his Facebook posts than this guy did for actually assaulting a cop

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1458503419799425028?t=CpCnTCLFZxBbyXtGfVEddg&s=19

Mayor Dave has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Nov 10, 2021

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

wolfs posted:

because then the jury will think it’s premeditated murder

e: does a mistrial result in a new judge getting drawn out of the hat?

No. If it gets mistrial with prejudice, it's over and Rittenhouse walks free, never to face these charges again.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the judge is struggling to figure out how this picture is relevant to the case

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

the photo of the backwards hat should be admissible as speaking to his overall state of mind

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Yup he just said "i've heard nothing to change my mind on that" and hahahaha gently caress

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

in reference to the photo: "everyone in all of humanity displays exquisitely poor judgement, and we don't let it into trials on unrelated matters... you're talking about an incident that occurred four months later."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

in reference to the photo: "everyone in all of humanity displays exquisitely poor judgement, and we don't let it into trials on unrelated matters... you're talking about an incident that occurred four months later."

as every judge knows, the statue of limitations on premeditated murder is like a week

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

:d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a::d2a:

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Jestery posted:

This thread is causing more reports than we are able to action in good faith

And at this point it's is functioning as a nexus point of slap fighting on GBS, I don't anticipate the content improving any time soon. We will be locking the thread until further notice

lol, looks like the rittenhouse bros are angling to get their posting enemies banned

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CarpenterWalrus posted:

lol, looks like the rittenhouse bros are angling to get their posting enemies banned

thankfully, here in the objectively ideologically correct forum built upon the principles of the immortal science we look upon defenders of this nazi shithead with disfavour

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

vyelkin posted:

thankfully, here in the objectively ideologically correct forum built upon the principles of the immortal science we look upon defenders of this nazi shithead with disfavour

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

CarpenterWalrus posted:

lmao

so like, D&D isn't an outlier, it's just how goons are

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

vyelkin posted:

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

vyelkin posted:

g-d bless us, every one

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that little loser get off yet

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

hello i would like to compliment you on the dedication to ur posting brand with both name and avatar

thank u for your service

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gbs is brimming with tiny little rittenesque bitches

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Handsome Kyle livin' it up

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

so like, D&D isn't an outlier, it's just how goons are

some of them, yea.

I don't get it, either, so you're not alone.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
What a loving joke I can't believe they're gonna let KKK junior walk

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1458518059560456206

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beached Whale posted:

lol this loving rules

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
*watching lucy place the football slowly in front of me*

surely this time will be the time that people finally realize the structural biases of the judicial system

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1458517562107564036?s=20

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Beached Whale posted:

lol murder is 100% legal in america if youre doing it in the name of white people

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

aiming for a mistrial for a chance at getting a non chudge is probably their best strategy tbqh

lol that ringtone, at full loving volume. the judge is actively signaling the outcome he wants

text editor has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Nov 10, 2021

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

c'mon man. lmao

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
hes gonna walk