Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
All we are

Is dust farts in the rear end rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Clayren posted:

RIP, hard to believe. Just the other day he said he was feeling spine.

You take that back

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Where's the reckless speculation regarding the circumstances of his untimely demise

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Something Awful is important to me. I've learned more and laughed harder because of this site than any other source. Richard isn't responsible for that, but he did facilitate it. Watching his last stream, it struck me how desperately lonely he seemed. It's his own fault, I'm not offering sympathy, but I understand it. He was a self destructive failure with nothing to hold him up, not even hope.

The world moved on without him, and he was unable to, or simply refused to, evolve with it. The mind of one man defying the inexorable mutation of his own circumstances will be inevitably shattered. Most of us recognize this on an intuitive level. Sadly, rather than join us all in the acceptance of change, he took the only course of action still available to him, and ended his own personal reality. Sifting through all the sadness, anger, frustration, fear, it's ultimately about control. A Pyrrhic Victory taken to its logical extreme.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Wait so Lowtax got like $300k for the site and couldn't use it to flee the country?

That's tantamount to admitting defeat, admitting being wrong. That was never an option.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Everything about this guy's mindset is so drat confusing.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Who looks at $13 million for a thing they're barely even interacting with and says "nah"

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

This is incredible stuff.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

AshliLies posted:

rich literally killed himself

Whoa huge if true

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006