Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CM VS QT 1 1.12%
GUNNS VS BEARS 2 2.25%
ROSA VS HAYTER 29 32.58%
DANIELSON VS CABANA 8 8.99%
FTR, ANDRADE AND BLACK VS DEATH QUADRILOGY 49 55.06%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not a fan of any wrestling show opening w/ 20 minutes of talking. 15 would have been too much!
Dante wants Taz to tell him about cool Sabu spots he saw in ECW.
Good lord at Darby trucking Austin. Darby fires himself like a bullet, it's wild to see.

Vertical Lime posted:

so the way jr signed off it sounds like he's at least taking a hiatus

He's having to undergo treatment for skin cancer, which I imagine takes a lot out of a person. Get well soon JR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hanger's vest looked real handsome.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I saw someone bring up the point that it's probably better to have AEW have more longer promo segments since it burns out the crowd less to have basically a PPV length amount of mostly wrestling.

Whoever said that's a motherfucker.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

explosivo posted:

I wonder if they're actually going to do the thing where maybe something is wrong because it took Punk so long to beat QT. JR kept saying he's never seen Punk struggle so much before but then Excalibur would say immediately after that punk has never looked better so it felt like they weren't on the same page. Sorta felt to me like Excal was sticking to the script and maybe JR wasn't but I could be totally wrong.

There definitely was a tug of war in commentary for that match. Ex was trying to put across the narrative that Punk was working off his aggravation on QT but JR saw it that MJF had significantly put Punk off his stride. Watching the match, I think JR was right (though the thread underrates canonical QT's power levels) but Ex is less likely to just free-wheel and improvise a story.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Another AEW wrestler has thrown his hat into the ring for the AAA megachampionship. It's Fish

https://twitter.com/dorianroldan/status/1463886357391192069

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dante Martin v Bandido should be pretty cool.
https://twitter.com/WarriorWrstlng/status/1463924483106947072

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeesh good thing they had Britt Baker on the show I suppose. Colt definitely seemed a little... preoccupied in the submission.

Did he tap? It seemed a bit like ref stoppage.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't think this has been posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea7MY4hAkmA&t=913s

Aaron Solo, Factory stooge, the other half of Extra Talented, is a softly spoken and polite young man. who abandoned Brandi to go to the gym.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think they're moving to Pac vs Malakai and Cody vs Andrade. Andrade hit El Idolo on the floor on Cody after the cameras stopped rolling.

Here's the clip. "You deserve it!" *clap clap clapclapclap*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI-Z6CLoPuw

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They're all elite, that's why they named the company that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

I think Aniki went back to Japan :v:

I believe she's Ryo, though I don't know how fixed that is.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Has anyone said that the Battle of the Belts will just be the various champions smashing their belts together like conkers until all but one are damanged beyond recognition? Because that's a scoop for you all.
e: this has been the first fast national leak where the reaction has been "that doesn't seem terrible?" The worst spin I saw on them was that it shows that the growth is maybe not as significant as could be hoped, and they had slowed down after gobbling up the NXT audience.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Serpentico's become addicted to FFXIV, hell yeah snake man!

The most harmful thing Luther has ever done to Snakeman.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm not saying it should have happened this match, but I'm excited for Garcia to start winning matches on TV.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Eddie/Garcia was even better than I expected although it really looks like Eddie's knee injury is legit. That does not look like a normal sell to me. I hope he an take some time off after the tag match and heal up. I was literally :ohdear: while watching that whole match.

I'm sure Eddie's kneea give him legitimate grief, and have for a long time. But he is also a past master of selling, his knee specifically. I thought I could find a clip from some Kingston interview where he talks about how friends reached out to him, worried that his knees seemed to give out midway through his debut AEW match w/ Cody, and called them all marks. I thought for sure it was on his Unrestricted ep but I've listened to it twice now.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

On Rampage last night, and this may have been during an ad-break on Fite, Chris Jericho talked about a Popeye NFT, a concept which shook me to my core. Deeply dispiriting!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm very excited to see Darby and Sting crumble before Colten (and Billy) Gunn.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Meanwhile Kenny has been kept alive by cupping alone and he never sells anything.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Taz and Ex exhausted while Ricky's just high as hell, watching squash matches as the sun rises.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wonder what the percentage of AEW fans who have never gone to a live show, or have no interest to.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

KiLynn's a Nightmare Factory graduate, right?

It's not infallible but Cagematch says Team 3-D (so probably Dvon). Plus a whole bunch of others, and a bit of Dustin when she was a Dark regular.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

FakePoet posted:

Cody wins the Owen and really ramps up the...well, everything.

The tournament is full of indie darlings and brilliant members of the roster who somehow never had their time in the spotlight. And then Cody wins. In the first round he eliminates Warhorse.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

it seems whatever that was is gone now

Content of the tweet was "new gimmick who dis", drawing attention to the fact he had changed his handle to "The Atlantan Dragon". I thought it was pretty funny, but I guess publicly referring to gimmicks is Killing The Business.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

They're not bad habits in that they are a thing he needs to work on or improve, they're part of the character he is portraying.

He definitely needs to improve on not losing track of time and causing segments to over-run.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

explosivo posted:

Ohh the visa thing makes sense. I didn't know that was a thing but yeah that'd probably do it.

It's a guess, but it's our best explanation for why Mei can't seem to even get a Dark match.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Time for Sammy's Vlog to steal a march!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Not clicking that because lmao. What's it about?
Cultaholic were fine for a bit after their inception but I really don't care about anything they do anymore.

They're aggregating a pro-wrestling torch (iirc) story about how, after the Bucks just signed a 2 year extension to their contract, Cody and Kenny have not yet. There's possibly more to it than that, but I don't read the PWT.
They end w/ the talk about how a bunch of contracts are ending next May, so it'll be interesting to see who sticks around.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Presumably the next frame of the video is “No.”

If your important enough youtube lets you provide a title-card for your videos, rather than picking a frame from the middle of the video.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nyla's reign wasn't good, but that's because she got locked down by quarantine.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mike Posey really lost control of that situation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1465519704701734915?s=20

Were these taped before the Butcher/Ishii hoss-off?

Long before. I think there have only been 2 Orlando Dark tapings, with the third sometime next month. They tape a lot of Dark at once!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hell fuckin yeah

Lee Moriarty is one of the people I'm most interested in seeing wrestle a whole bunch of people. Lee v. PAC, Lee v. Dax, Lee v. Adam Cole. I don't care how you justify it, just let that guy work.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

inthesto posted:

Lee Moriarty vs Lee Johnson, loving book it Tony

Imagine: Lee v. Lee for free on TV. The winner? TBD.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Colten is going to pin Sting, and it's not going to be pretty.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

rotinaj posted:

My problem with the gum club is that Austen Gunn is the better of the brothers IMO, and his finisher is more convincing looking than Colten’s. Is he hurt, or are they just focusing on his bro?

Austin has already lost, who cares about him. (because he's already had matches on Dynamite)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

all street fights that don't happen on the actual street are lame. talk about false advertising. i want them fighting in traffic.

Also lame is how every street fight is a [city name] street fight. Mostly they don't even have objects invented in the area as weapons, it's bullshit.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

rotinaj posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo

Austin Gunn is the more entertaining wrestler, why in the world are you jumping on my dick

He's just having a chuckle.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

shiksa posted:

the hardy family office is all tag team guys because Matt hardy is a famous tag team guy hth

All tag teams and one bunny.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

inthesto posted:

My one serious criticism of HFO is not enough Jora Johl

I feel that they've got a big story in mind for Jora and they're waiting for pieces to fall into place.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love Taz's Muttley laugh

I believe that's Eddie Kingston's laugh, not having relistened to the clip. It might be tall Paul's.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Swole's been a jungian all along. Well I'll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That Dang Dad posted:

So is the rumor Infinito is actually Daniel Bryan because of the infinite airplane spin? Or is he just a regular guy?

Dude's not a regular guy, he's infinitely dense and born outside of time and space.