Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6iVHelTR9c

It "kicks off" a little after 2:50 if you want to skip ahead.

e: :synpa:

Sleepytime fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Sports guys be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks_1wwaG2CM

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

aceface posted:

How 'bout them Dodgers?

Couldn't tell ya. Got there in the fourth inning because of traffic and left in the sixth to beat the traffic.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

Or Ray Lewis cutting through the offensive line like a sucker punch switchblade through the ribcage of some inebriated punk outside of a sports bar.

Ray Lewis did nothing wrong

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

Naw

Here's the deal

They're still not off the hook for ever having posted a single good post.
A single good thing worthy of humanity. On this forum or another.

Because they are WORTHLESS.

And cannot contribute to the diatribe of humanity.

And while they might like to think so, they cannot. They are faulted and worthless wanderers.

Turn on your monitor.

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Chief McHeath posted:

Couldn't tell ya. Got there in the fourth inning because of traffic and left in the sixth to beat the traffic.

THIS guy knows! Did your car get broken into?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

galagazombie posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Please go back to complaining about how cellophane clad pre-teens are NOT art and JUST for jerking off in your other favorite forum.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

MLB is locked out! Take that sports nerds

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Some thoughts about baseball. I've "rediscovered" the game this last year after not having followed sports at all for the last decade or so. It's really been a lifesaver during some dark days.

I grew up in SoCal so the Dodgers, Lasorda, Vin, and the O'Malleys were everywhere back then. There was nothing like getting off of work on a Friday and grabbing some $13 seats up back up there behind home plate. Warm nights, with families having a good time, chomping on some dogs and bopping the beach balls. The organist (not the pre-recorded poo poo) knocking out the tunes. The game was merely a backdrop to it all. Good loving stuff.

Go to a batting cage sometime. Get in there on a 60 mph cage. See if you can get your bat around. I sure can't. I got in a 90 mph cage once and practically poo poo myself when that ball came straight down the pipe, no danger to me. But the velocity felt like I was going to get killed just standing there. Now give that ball some movement. Different speeds. Can you imagine the skill involved!

I couldn't tell you who's on what team, but I started watching the Dodgers again online. Other teams too, but the Dodgers happened to have some really cool games go down that were entertaining as hell. Sometimes I find a great crew calling a game and it doesn't matter who's playing or even how good the game is when you've got a good group behind the mike. When it all clicks, it's like a good, slowly-urnaveling story, with a bit of comedy thrown in -- and the best part is no one knows how the story will end!

How can you not enjoy that sort of stuff on some level?

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 2, 2021

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
These clowns are almost as bad as the ones in congress

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Freedom Trails posted:

Some thoughts about baseball. I've "rediscovered" the game this last year after not having followed sports at all for the last decade or so. It's really been a lifesaver during some dark days.

I grew up in SoCal so the Dodgers, Lasorda, Vin, and the O'Malleys were everywhere back then. There was nothing like getting off of work on a Friday and grabbing some $13 seats up back up there behind home plate. Warm nights, with families having a good time, chomping on some dogs and bopping the beach balls. The organist (not the pre-recorded poo poo) knocking out the tunes. The game was merely a backdrop to it all. Good loving stuff.

Go to a batting cage sometime. Get in there on a 60 mph cage. See if you can get your bat around. I sure can't. I got in a 90 mph cage once and practically poo poo myself when that ball came straight down the pipe, no danger to me. But the velocity felt like I was going to get killed just standing there. Now give that ball some movement. Different speeds. Can you imagine the skill involved!

I couldn't tell you who's on what team, but I started watching the Dodgers again online. Other teams too, but the Dodgers happened to have some really cool games go down that were entertaining as hell. Sometimes I find a great crew calling a game and it doesn't matter who's playing or even how good the game is when you've got a good group behind the mike. When it all clicks, it's like a good, slowly-urnaveling story, with a bit of comedy thrown in -- and the best part is no one knows how the story will end!

How can you not enjoy that sort of stuff on some level?

Yeah cool thing about baseball is that you can be as involved as you want. You can treat it like a day at the park, or you can keep score and be a statistics nerd about it. The level of engagement is up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Sometimes I will see a really psychopathic tweet and click through to the profile to see if it’s maybe one of those AI learning bots that’s gone rogue but it always turns out to be an actual guy and that guy will be a soccer super fan. I don’t know if soccer makes people psychopaths or psychopaths just really love soccer and tweeting.