Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
post here if you're putting a billion xmas lights, an inflating santa, and some ugly rear end light up scultpure things.

quote this post if yr gonna get drunk & on a tall ladder

LEAVE this thread if you plug your lights into a rasberry pie controller or some fail rear end "engineer" poo poo. YOSPOS rear end mf................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

the ornaments that you have to unscrew a Christmas light for and then plug in rule

they light up or play songs if you push a little button on them

what the hell is this ???

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dont understand. seems weird tho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
put up about 3k twinkly multicolor string lights and 2x inflatable things, a santa and what is apparently a gay dog. its a dog in a rainbow sweater. only bought it kuz it was the best size:money ratio, didnt realize it was gay until i took it home wow thats homophobia in retail isnt it. anyways theyre all wrapped around palm trees and look boss. i need another 1k lights i think. :retrogames:

as usual they are on my epic tplink smart plugs for effortless scheduling. wow.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fleetwood posted:

all tghe light I need is right here

lol ye. sukken on mah deeyock lmfao. bitch. :w00t:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've put enough lights on the house you can see it from space, and it's still less wasteful than minting a single NFT

this is my poo poo bro. MOAR POWER

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

post the gay dog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

no speaker to play music outside??

don’t want to subject my apartment fellows to that degree of torture

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

thats a dope rear end gay dog

the lights that are embedded on our fake tree didnt work (fuses seemed okay??) and would have taken like 4 hours to replace each bulb so we bought a real tree for the first time in like 10 years

it smells good but lol already getting needles all over the carpet and it was also $$$. i should just go cut my own tree next year

grats on the tree enjoy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it’s also night 1 of Hanukkah so we lit the candelabras

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yellowcar posted:

the dude who syncs his christmas lights to music is still at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylQnK8kE8Tw

finally watched this lol. gasped when the moving spots on the roof went on. this guy has gotten seriously enterprise grade lol.

edit: he does this for a living after all. bastard.

Smythe has issued a correction as of 08:10 on Nov 29, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
would be less glamorous to see the big rear end truck with poo poo from their corporate warehouse and 10 iatse electricians installing the show lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

heck ya

i lit a cheap target menorah (such a good deal on it! you couldn't not buy it!) and made kugel. it was good

gunna make some matzoh soup tomorrow

sounds like a feast bro drat I’m jealous

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

i had ordered some poo poo from best buy and its like "get it by hanukkah" and i was like wow.. interesting. but when i looked up the date what they meant is before hanukkah ends lol

tricked by perfidious jews again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have a shitload of addressable rbg strips, led curtains, dmx controllers, etc, things of this nature, but i think there is value in making your xmas decorations as ugly as possible. the more skill = worse than. just imo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
aslo the epic sync house guy (who im not jealous of at all....) does installs for disneyland and poo poo. so he can frig off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
neighbors insanely stupid dog runs back and forth barking at inflatable santa and the gay dog for, uh, eternity.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
due to the (reasonable) grievance of a neighbor whos bungalow window I placed over 1,000 extremely bright LED lights next to I have had to depower a large section of the install (including the gay dog) until I can creatively relocate the offending strings.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

Buy more and gayer dogs

If they complain call them homophobic

theyre gay

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

what about transdog

deflated at present. sad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

wait, the dogs or the neighbors? :confused:

both

tokin opposition posted:

internalized homophobia, more gay dogs should fix that

true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

how did you get in my closet

also

https://i.imgur.com/QslAxO9.mp4

mission accomplished?! 13' of timber, 5 strings of lights, addressables inside and out, 16 individually GAYMER RGB ornaments

beautiful