Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

whoever processed these photos needs to have their lightroom license revoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

photo of me from when I was like 21

found this news report about you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKDlyjce-UM

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

what did canon do with respect to lenses for RF?

jacked the prices way the hell up

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

wow, your(?) dog's teeth are remarkably clean lol

they had better be, I just paid a bunch of money to the vet to clean them!!

(and they had to extract one of her little top front teeth that was broken)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

Important question: would an MFT camera be satisfactory for astrophotography stuff and bugpics?

do they make wide angle and macro lenses? then sure

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Well to a point. Cell phone sensors genuinely do suck balls

my iphone's cameras are okay. but my canon r5 blows it out of the water in every way when I'm not feeling too lazy to take it out.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

Moral of the story is not to buy android.

iphones have consistently good cameras, op

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

I don't give a poo poo if it's apple or android, who the gently caress cares

you're in the wrong subforum, buddy.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

is yospos an apple enclave?

brand loyalty is for dumb people

whatever phone you use is the wrong one. but especially if you use android

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

phone sensors do suck but the image processing going on in there is insane these days and lets you get way better photos than you should be able to

people have gotten so used to the phone processed look even bad photos taken with dedicated cameras blow them away

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

it's literally just a tube. there is nothing to be poo poo about it. if it has the right mounts on each end and they are parallel with each other it gets 100%

Achmed Jones posted:

unless the mechanism is hard to get on/off the body, or the same for the lens, or it wobbles, or the electrical connection bridging the pieces is faulty, or

yeah I have some cheap tubes but the mounting hardware is cheap and nasty. the canon gear will have much better materials and tolerances

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

I agree broadly with her points other than r/Analog being a valuable community

lol a "nice comments only" policy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

polyester concept posted:

like all of reddit, it’s bad

calling reddit a community is stretching things

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

Oh, and he got downvoted into oblivion posting about her vid on Reddit before filing the copyright claim.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnalogCommunity/comments/10xf2ea/i_made_a_video_about_the_problem_with_nsfw/j7wutvu/

He's trying so hard to be mad at everything except the criticism.

what a little bitch. I bet he's real used to getting his way after threatening women with legal action

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

polyester concept posted:

yeah you're right, the full frame equivalent people always talk about doesn't really consider the lens distortion. so when they say a good portrait lens is ~80mm on full frame, and recommend a ~50mm lens for a crop sensor, it's not going to give you the same kind of image that is most flattering for portraits.

It seems like every time I see a comparison shot between crop 50 and full frame 85 I can't tell the difference in the way faces are rendered. Mostly the difference is in the depth of field.

https://petapixel.com/2016/07/28/full-frame-vs-crop-sensor-better-portraits/

I have a pentax 67 I really need to take out more often, but the portraits I've taken at 105mm on that thing have a magical quality to them.

akadajet fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 12, 2023

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

just gonna repost this gem

lol

an adapted lens?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

Sounds like some poo poo for nerds

https://i.imgur.com/ndlcT0S.mp4

what's cool about these is that the image you see is 3d irl. nothing else quite looks like it.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

You are complaining about your own editing decisions

this is me, but programming

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

KidDynamite posted:

i don't think this photo get's across how big this buddha is. how do y'all manage perspective in tight spaces?

get a wide angle lens

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tef posted:

oh cool a photography thread, here's a pic i took in 2021

hope u framed that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

usually the only real answer to giving a sense of scale is having things in the image that we recognise and know the size of

like a ruler

I use this on my dating profiles to prove that I really am over the 5'10" threshold these ladies keep demanding

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tef posted:

oh cool a photography thread, here's a pic i took in 2021

this is seriously cool. I thought it was a distorted reflection at first

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tef posted:

i mean, i look at this photo and think "wow, i hosed up the white balance and the exposure" but the rest of twitter just kept endlessly quote tweeted it with "me and who"

https://twitter.com/tef_ebooks/status/1327224788604116993

tef you have to be like a top 50 crow photographer. crowtographer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

a couple of decently framed pics with terrible post processing

isn't terrible post processing what put instagram on the map?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I was happy with mpix in the past

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

photographer uses Patience on Elephant

It's not very effective...

Normally I just use elephant tranquilizers to get a good night's sleep, but today I have my camera out.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

look people, this isn't the thread for blender generated geometry renders

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tef posted:

Hi, I'm Ken Rockwell, You Might Remember Me From Such Camera Reviews as "Leica? I Married Her!" And "Saturation: The Photographer's Best Friend!"

love his reviews of gear he’s never touched

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tef posted:

sorry for your loss, did you find the bit where he calls nikon war criminals

lol what’s his reason for that?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

off to capture some correctly exposed pictures harnessing the power of the sun

make sure you bring an nd filter

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

k-rock “the christian shock” super-father rockwell

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

a new kind of camera with a digital sensor etc but when you hit click the sensor flips out of the way like a mirror in an SLR and exposes some real film

and the digital display etc shows a sort of exposure simulation for the film stock and iso so you can tell just what it might look like before you hit “commit”

that overly expensive super8 camera kodak showed off years ago has a similar concept
https://www.kodak.com/en/motion/page/super-8-camera

doesn't even look like you can buy one lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I remember the first time I looked thru a DSLR viewfinder, everything looked so good.. and then took a photo and looked at it on the display and it looked like poo poo

non-digital viewfinders sell you a lie

that's why you look at that little thing at the bottom that tells you if you're about to blow your exposure

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

digital viewfinders are nice because you can see better in low light conditions tho

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

i have a canon 35mm SLR with this stupid rear end eye tracking autofocus setup. i mean it’s neat and all but the dam thing only has like seven af points and they’re all along the x axis.

I've always been curious about how accurate these are.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I like the light meters that are the mechanical needle that moves when you hold down meter lever.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

This photo confuses my brain in a good way.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tef posted:

got a 150mm f/2.8 large format lens :2bong:

perfect for mounting to a gameboy camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

how does over/under exposure work in film?

it occurred to me that i have always had a digital sensor in-the-loop for the entire time i've been learning about photography (even real film got scanned by a negative reader with some pretty obvious sensitivity/noise issues when i worked in a drugstore photolab). i assume that film still has some kind of limiting factor and there can't be an image with 200 stops of dynamic range or whatever, but i have no idea what it looks like

in my experience I can over expose portra 400 a ton and it still looks good when scanned