Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Welcome to the Formula 1 off season, where you can either complain that the euros stole another thing from Britain or that the cheaty Mercedes lost because they were dumb as gently caress at making safety car calls. Here’s some other items of interest we can discuss in the off season:

1. I guess there’s new cars next year or whatever, this sounds like a prime opportunity for the great Scuderia Ferrari to return to greatness and expose how all the fraudulent british teams have been cheating in the hybrid era
2. Paul Verhoeven's erotic nun film Benedetta which is about a young girl’s sexual awakening inside a renessiance era nun covenant. Personally I found it very moving and surprisingly relevant commentary on the modern age we live in.
3. That epic Succession season finale where you basically saw people’s metaphorical throats get cut on screen in the last minute lol
4. Air Fryers: What’s a good one I should buy? And should I wait till after Christmas to get one on clearance
5. Apple Watches: Good value for money? I’m currently considering getting one

#EssereFerrari #KeepFightingMichael #StrollSquad

Discord link if you're into that sort of thing: https://discord.com/invite/yPHASxB

https://i.imgur.com/M7LigkM.mp4

:lando: :lando: :lando: :lando: Amazing off-season content: :lando: :lando: :lando: :lando:

Powershift posted:

I think i misunderstood the assignment

Lucasar posted:

I work at a call centre and recently I've been getting bored between calls and doodling on my post-it notes. I doodled the entire F1 2021 roster (minus Kubica). I hardly ever post here because I never watch anything live but I enjoy reading the thread. So to contribute (and debase myself), please enjoy my lovely post-it note drawings of all the drivers. Ocon turned out the derpiest, I even screwed up writing his name. Russell turned out the funniest. I found it very difficult to make Raikonnen look like himself so I just stuffed him in a hat and glasses and that did the trick. Mazepin is a featureless egg. Schumacher I just gave a long neck and blond hair to and hoped that, plus process of elimination, would make him recognizable. Sainz Jr is the most unintentionally ugly, and not a good likeness really, but I was strangely drawn to the intense expression on his face so I decided to keep him that way. Probably Seb is the one I am least happy with but whatever. I hope they bring a chuckle. Merry Christmas, worst thread.

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

McLaren

Alpine

AlphaTauri

Aston Martin

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Haas

edit: lol what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

People who have opinions about F1 are definitely the same people who won’t shut the gently caress up about Succession.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Since I'm still unlapping myself I might as well post here that Apple is garbage and Ferrari is as if not more garbage and are Lando issa gud boi.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I played the Official 2021 F1™ Racing Game as Max and couldn't stop crashing. Is this by design?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

where is idiot race

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Carrier posted:

where is idiot race

They're called the Dutch

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Much like Lewis, I was too slow across the line in the last thread, so I'll repost here:

Is there a consensus on why our beloved papaya boys faded down the stretch and lost to the dishonest Ferraris? It's because they cheated, right?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ABen posted:

Much like Lewis, I was too slow across the line in the last thread, so I'll repost here:

Is there a consensus on why our beloved papaya boys faded down the stretch and lost to the dishonest Ferraris? It's because they cheated, right?

Lando got a puncture because Pirelli are pulling the strings.

Ricci Dani is a fraud

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
4. No it will just take up useless space.
5. No only buy official F1 sponsor watches.

How long do we have to wait until preseason testing again?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Max is a fraud WDC and Benedetta was a decent movie.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX
SUPER SUPER
MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX
SUPER SUPER
MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX
SUPER SUPER
MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Excited to see how long it takes Big Guanyu to start outqualifying his teammate next year. 3 races? Maybe less?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

McLaren are the poo poo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
lmfao looking at the F1 schedule it looks like the F1 season opener will be the week my 3 weeks of vacation/paternity leave (tentatively) ends.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ABen posted:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Also, and this cannot be overstated, Zak Brown Hack Clown.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lol i will add some stuff to the OP

also.... welcome to offseason :negative:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pragmatica posted:

lol i will add some stuff to the OP

also.... welcome to offseason :negative:

at least it's a comically short one this year

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Is this thread aware that there is a race event in Zolder (Belgian Limburg, close to the Dutch border, approximately 13 km from where Max was born) called "race wars" ?

It was postponed in 2020 and 2021 for obvious reasons (cash is not king at race wars, it appears) but it never fails to make me lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Red Bull sponsoring a race war? Checks out.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I hope Max takes the WDC trophy everywhere he goes, like Are Rossie did just to rub it in Lewis's nose

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Aw, we probably won't get Toto or Chrissie-Chris shouting at Massi to try and influence him next year. Lame.

Drama aeternalis.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Deltasquid posted:

Is this thread aware that there is a race event in Zolder (Belgian Limburg, close to the Dutch border, approximately 13 km from where Max was born) called "race wars" ?

"Babes"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yeah this event of the ages still has grid girls

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Deltasquid posted:

Yeah this event of the ages still has grid girls

Think of Europeans as your racist grandfather that you try to selectively ignore at Thanksgiving.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Residency Evil posted:

Think of Europeans as your racist grandfather that you try to selectively ignore at Thanksgiving.

*the Dutch**

**Dutch Australians are somehow even worse than the Dutch Dutch though.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I for one can’t wait for the Drive to Survive finale taking a swerve into legal drama.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Lewis Hamilton

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Notable fact about 2021 that Ferrari were not involved in the F1 title fight, they were in F1.5. And also didn't win it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Notable fact about 2021 that Ferrari were not involved in the F1 title fight, they were in F1.5. And also didn't win it.

It's so Scud fans can get their hopes up that 2022 will be the year, for real this time, because they spent all their resources for the future and not the car they put out last year.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I stop posting in F1 threads for a year and the worst drivers in the history of Grand Prix Motor Racing, Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen finish 1-2. I must not let this happen again.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:yeah:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I can finally stop pretending to support Mercedes and go back to my one true love, kissing a framed photo of Zak Brown.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
sad that frank williams wont be alive to see his team return to its former glory and absolutely dominate the championship with a canadian driver in 2022

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the drive to survive episode about abu dhabi will be from the vantage of lance stroll, detailing his battles against 4x WDC Sebastian Vettel

the final ten minutes will be hurried shot of the last safety car restart, people reacting to trackside monitors, and a bunch of paperwork

this is not a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I stop posting in F1 threads for a year and the worst drivers in the history of Grand Prix Motor Racing, Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen finish 1-2. I must not let this happen again.

who is the best im new

e:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the drive to survive episode about abu dhabi will be from the vantage of lance stroll, detailing his battles against 4x WDC Sebastian Vettel

the final ten minutes will be hurried shot of the last safety car restart, people reacting to trackside monitors, and a bunch of paperwork

this is not a joke

no the final ten minutes will be lewis sadly spraying champagne on max's back on a loop and it will win some kind of award