Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
The action movie Die Hard starring Bruce Willis is my favourite Christmas movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Die Hard is ABSOLUTELY a Christmas movie, not MERELY a movie that takes place at Christmas. You have a woman who is disillusioned and estranged from her spouse, but the weird magic of the holidays makes her fall back in love where she didn't think she would. Basically a Hallmark plot right there. There are both contemporary (well, for 1988) rap carols, as well as a traditional carol. There is a holiday party featured. There is a Ho Ho Ho. Anyone (including Bruce Willis) who says Die Hard is not a Christmas movie is objectively wrong

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Die hard is the better movie but Mel Gibson gives a better performance in lethal weapon.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I'm going to die hard.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I prefer Lethal Weapon tbh

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Die Hard: Hard As My Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick was the original working title for Eyes Wide Shut.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I bet your opinions on what hot dogs are with regards to sandwiches are interesting.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I realized that I had never actually seen the movie all the way through, I'd always seen parts of it on TV during the holidays. So I sat down and watched it all last night, and it's definitely a top-tier Christmas movie. Not just a movie that happens to take place at Christmas.

Hans Gruber even directly says that Christmas miracles will happen that night. He's wrong about who benefits from the miracles, but Christmas miracles do happen!

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Speleothing posted:

I realized that I had never actually seen the movie all the way through, I'd always seen parts of it on TV during the holidays. So I sat down and watched it all last night, and it's definitely a top-tier Christmas movie. Not just a movie that happens to take place at Christmas.

Hans Gruber even directly says that Christmas miracles will happen that night. He's wrong about who benefits from the miracles, but Christmas miracles do happen!

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...."

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
hey guys, my personality is "buzzfeed articles from 2007"

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

i changed my name to buzz feed

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

hey guys, my personality is "buzzfeed articles from 2007"

Well, that's unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I'm a fan of the 2003 comedy film Elf, a modern Christmas classic!