Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finish resolution?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 38.46%
No 0 0%
Just ban me now 8 61.54%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reached the point where I'm just going to whack out the movies to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab posted:

1.) Done
2.) So far I just watched TTGL, so 19 to go lol
3.) I watched 1 seasonal anim from each season so far
4.) read Shibuya Scramble. 1 more VN needed
5.) Cancelled because nise is a chokepoint for simulwatches.

2.) Watched Love, Election & Chocolate, TTGL, GiTS, Howl's moving castle. As mentioned I'm mostly going with movies now to get my 24 DVDs out of the way. 20 DVDs remain

3.) Winter: Genius Prince, Miss Kuroitsu from the Monster Development Department.
Spring: Kaguya-sama S3, Tomodachi Game.
Summer: Lycoreco, need to watch another
Autumn: Watching chainsawman & Bocchi the rock.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Get your poo poo done or perish

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I will finish ZZ Gundam and watch Gundam X this year. That is all I feel like I can commit to.

I managed to finish ZZ Gundam and watch Gundam X this year. Most of my reactions are in the Gundam thread. Gundam X wasn't as bad as I thought it might be and I think it gets a lot better with the weird dolphin episodes. I definitely can see why Garrod was really iritating though and I was kind of bored with TIfa to start but she really grew on me as the show went on. The villains were loving awful because they were boring as hell though. I wish ZZ Gundam had been better paced in the beginning because it made it hard slog to get through no matter how much I liked Judau and Elle. Beecha loving sucked and the fact that he just didn't die is a strike against ZZ. Over all both are firmly in the "fine" category but I probably wouldn't watch them again in full.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

im dead

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

If anyone has a good av idea for when I fail, let me know

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AnoHito posted:

If anyone has a good av idea for when I fail, let me know

a big heart with the word ANIME on it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

Get your poo poo done or perish

I choose perish.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I choose perish.

ill miss you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Erg posted:

ill miss you

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bad Seafood posted:

In 2010 I found the complete box set for Patlabor (the TV show) dirt cheap at a going-out-of-business sale. It's 2022 and I still haven't sat down to watch a single episode.

In 2016 I bought Turn-A Gundam at a friend's recommendation. I haven't watched that one either.

This year I must do one of these two things; preferably both, but at least one.
I finally sat down to watch a single episode of Patlabor. It was okay.

But I figured people would interpret my post as saying I'd watch the whole series, so I watched the next 46 episodes as well. They were also okay. May post my thoughts in the old anime thread.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the only show i got told to watch that i hadnt seen before i watched. and for the sake of fairness, and covering my rear end, my submission period for new shows to watch is now closed as of this post. so, im done the challenge. wish it was more challenging. more people should ask me to watch more stuff. next year. when we all ride this funny ball around the bigger, funnier ball all over again.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Gonna carry on my unfinished Gundamwatch from last year.

Turn A Gundam
Gundam Wing
Build Fighters
IGLOO

That's my toxx all done. I'll have to sit and think about Turn A more before I give a final review but I liked it a lot. IGLOO was pretty meh I guess. I'll save IGLOO 2 for the new year to have an interesting beginning to 2023.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

I will watch at least one (1) seasonal anime that is not a sequel or adaptation to something I've already read. It's more than what I did in 2021 so it should count as a challenge.

Watched Spy X Family. It was fine.

I'm very curious about Gundam Witch but I was waiting until it finished which, now that I googled it, apparently it already did?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last episode is next Sunday (8th) and it's a split season so it won't actually be finished until like Summer next year.

Plus it's doing well enough that it'll end up getting a second season like IBO.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I failed to watch enough dvds but finished my other goals, such is life

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Successful:
Lunar Detritus
Ibblebibble
Paper Lion
Monster Envy
Sakurazuka
Gorfzaplan
Tales of Woe
Tulalip Tulips
Bad seafood
Julias

Failures:
Namtab
Everything Burrito
Plutonis
AnoHito
Patware
Baal
Zepia
Squark

I’ll leave it to fluff to decide whose successful toxx wins the prize

Namtab fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 1, 2023

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Successful:
Lunar Detritus
Ibblebibble
Paper Lion
Monster Envy
Sakurazuka
Gorfzaplan
Tales of Woe
Tulalip Tulips
Bad seafood

Failures:
Namtab
Julias
Everything Burrito
Plutonis
AnoHito
Patware
Baal
Zepia
Squark

Hey! Re-read my post, only the monogatari part was a toxx, the other stuff wasn't, I completed that months ago.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the amount of 2022 where i had the juice to get through old anime lasted an entire 2 months and then hell rose up around me, maddened and belligerent

at least i'm still watching logh with some guys

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

I finally managed to finish this, completing my toxx :toot:

Following up from the previous post, here are a few short thoughts.

Owarimonogatari: the sodachi arcs and the missing gap from season 2. I really enjoyed the more down to earth, realistic nature of Sodachi's arcs, even though I was confused by Ougi's involvement in it. In hindsight after finishing s2 it makes sense and makes the arc work better, but on a first watchthrough it just feels like weird filler with too much emphasis. The back half works really well as a conclusion to Shinobu's arc, and was just a solid story.

Koyomimonogatari: a collection of short stories, ending with the setup for the next season. Not much to say other than it was a quick breeze to watch and enjoyable, especially the ending.

Owarimonogatari s2: the real conclusion to the series. Some really good visuals this season, and an enjoyable conclusion that wraps up koyomi and ougi's arcs, in a meaningful manner.

Zoku Owarimonogatari: the continuation from the conclusion. As a standalone story, it was enjoyable, perhaps a bit too long, and there was some good musings and conversations to be had, it helped flesh out a couple of characters, and has a final statement about lingering regrets that let's it work as a conclusion. But it honestly felt pretty unnecessary as a conclusion following Owari s2, which just worked stronger as a finale both in terms of tying the main themes of the series together.

Overall the series was a very enjoyable watch with lots of great themes it explores and fun characters. It's just a shame Nisemonogatari sucks rear end, comes early enough to chase off a lot of viewers before the series gets to its best arcs, and is too important to be able to skip.

Guess I'll start working on the suggestions list next.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Noted, corrected

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Too late

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
also linking the new thread here so more people see it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020690

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

Successful:
Lunar Detritus
Ibblebibble
Paper Lion
Monster Envy
Sakurazuka
Gorfzaplan
Tales of Woe
Tulalip Tulips
Bad seafood
Julias

Failures:
Namtab
Everything Burrito
Plutonis
AnoHito
Patware
Baal
Zepia
Squark

I decided that by the right of RNG, the winner of the Prize will be poster Tulalip Tulips

Those of you who failed your toxxes will be dealt your death tonight. :cheerdoge:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh nice! I've never won anything ever before.

For the donation, can it be for an American charity? If so, I will always shill for Treehouse. They're an organization in Washington that works with foster kids to provide educational advocacy and support, pays for activities, provides clothes and a ton of other mentorship and support and will keep up even if/when kids return home. I've worked with them extensively and it's a really solid organization. They just started a new program to help youth 16-21 who are looking at aging out and it has a bunch of former foster youth on it to really guide the focus, which is something that's really needed and there aren't enough folks focused on that area of foster care. Sorry for the long non-anime post but I work in child welfare and it's about the only other thing I'm passionate about aside from Gundam, some anime, football and cats.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The donation has been made.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand how I failed. What resolution did I make

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

i dont know how to phrase this as a resolution but i dont think zep is making past number 3 on his list

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Saying you don’t know how to phrase it as a resolution means that it’s a resolution

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hmmmmmmmmm

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zep didn't watch all of the first three items he listed; he only watched three anime outside that order. Ergo, I was correct

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sounds like it's time for anime forums court

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s finally time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEGVxLs6Sr0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I decided a Ban + 7 was too much, so you all get 6ers and Yamcha AVs instead for your failures.