Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is cool, we should do high scores for whatever games are appropriate to do that for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPeJo7eXfJ8

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How do you fight in the James Bond game? Got my rear end kicked by the second guy and got sad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Option 1 for game one, Option 2 for game two, A completely random game from the history of Gameboy/GBC for game three

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry if I just made your job a million times harder op :balldo:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mode 7 posted:

I'm fine with this, it's not too much extra work!

bowmore your punishment for suggesting it though is you get to be the first poster to put up a game.

For the random games I'll make a list of English GB/GBC games and we'll draw from that because I don't think getting stuck with anything text heavy and Japanese-only will be fun.
Sounds good!

Also yes that sounds sensible

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There is no way Cruis'n Exotica lives up to that box art

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shibawanko posted:

i think gator is better than kirby just because the gators are cute

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Played about 10 minutes of cruis'n exotica, wow that blows. Imagine paying real money for that.

Playing Gator, haven't hit over 250K yet but I'm gonna keep at it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy Gator quite a lot, I picked it even! Still haven't beaten my own high score of 300K though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Manky posted:

Ahaha gently caress me. I managed to get over a million on my first ball, got an extra ball, then the next three went right out.

Yeah that has happened to me almost every time i've had a big first ball :argh:

nice work mate, I think you are current score leader

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm v happy everyone is enjoying revenge of gator

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mode 7 posted:

Thanks everyone for your participation this month!

I've got leper khan's excellent pick for next month, and have consulted the RNG oracles and divined our random game for March - it's going to be better than Cruis'n!

Just need to make a final call on my pick and I'll have a post up some time today.
Your post feels devious with the crok avatar

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

leper khan posted:

This is a pretty stacked month

My thoughts exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BigDumper posted:

Zelda month sounds good to me, I’m playing the original NES game on a Zelda Game and Watch I picked up at a convention last year. It’s still a lot of fun but I don’t think I’d be able to get through it without a guide, some of the secrets are just too obtuse for me.

I’ve never played the Oracle games either so I’ll probably jump right into those next.
the screen is really nice on the game and watch but it's still a bit small for me