Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Clearly they just wanted to make horny Y The Last Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its literally just that

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rest assured much of adtrw will.be watching World's End Harem to, erm, make fun of it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Rest assured much of adtrw will.be watching World's End Harem to, erm, make fun of it.

I won't be watching it or thinking about it at all. I'm just that twisted.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pirates of the caribbean: at world's end harem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you best start believing in ntr doujins... you're in one.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

you best start believing in ntr doujins... you're in one.
didn't know i was the rent-a-girlfriend mc

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

bisque doll is pretty good though i dont think the anime will get to the best part (when it starts being 60% about crossdressing)

yeah bisque manga owns and them talking about cosplay/crossplay techniques is fascinating as somebody who knows nothing about it. I really like how eager the cast is to learn new poo poo. super positive and fun

marumaru
May 20, 2013

bisque doesn't sound very interesting, but i'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised;
attack on titan: final season: final season is a given, gotta see it through the end and find out what the crying manga page loving means after all this time;
probably also watching demon slayer, even though i kept forgetting that it was airing past season (i'm not that crazy about demon slayer);
worlds end harem is going to be an ironic-watch-and-episode-three-drop;
watching genius prince because it has a very interesting premise;

doesn't seem to be much else that's interesting, besides the mushoku tensei and maidragon OVAs.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Same, but I also noted that it was never tagged comedy whenever it popped up while browsing manga to read, which is why I usually go into harem series.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I’m going to watch it sincerely

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

let's not say things we can't take back

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't wait for the Man-Killer variant

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I think for this season I'll try:

Leadale no Daichi nite: It looks like the kind of slice-of-life fantasy I enjoy.

Slow Loop - Another s-o-l series. If I like this, I'll make a point to catch up with Yuru Camp before the season's over.

Kaijin Kaihatsubu no Kuroitsu-san - Because I like comedies about the behind-the-scenes life of the folks who are stuck doing the gruntwork for the "main characters" in a story.

plus a couple of one-shots:

On-Air-Dekinai - what the hell

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon S: Nippon no Omotenashi (Attend wa Dragon Desu) - because more Dragon Maid is more Dragon Maid, and that's always a good thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

bisque doesn't sound very interesting, but i'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised;
the first few chaps play out basically like the wish fulfillment gf stuff you'd expect but the guy starts actually getting to be a pretty fun character in his own right and marin starts feeling more rounded as a character. past the first 'arc' it feels way more like just a romance manga with two likable characters than 'wow my sexy cosplay gf!!!' i mean thats still an element but its more in a fun bouncy way, you can actually see why she'd be falling for the guy. he's helpful sure but he also goes along with her shtick and really engages with her hobbies in a way a lot of bland wish fulfillment MCs wouldn't, and he has some funny moments and thoughts of his own.

hopefully they smooth over those slightly blander earlier bits some tho, cause yeah, that stuff isn't bad but is basically operating on the level you'd expect the premise to be operating on

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The manga of Bisque Doll is really good and gets into the higher level stuff for cosplaying and makeup that's usually more a general fashion thing for women like shapewear and contouring, but there's also cosplay specific stuff like how to add or reduce bust sizes or creating costumes out of whole cloth (literally). It helps that the manga is also fairly pretty

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

Endorph posted:

the guy starts actually getting to be a pretty fun character in his own right

Bisque Doll really excels due to having a dude MC who is also genuinely hot and kind and interesting and oh god the bar is so low for these romcoms. Genuinely, it's amazing how refreshing a series feels when the guy isn't just a blank self-insert for the reader.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I was sold on the series when he was the one to initiate a conversation about how cute it is when anime girls use 'boku'

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

I was sold on the series when he was the one to initiate a conversation about how cute it is when anime girls use 'boku'

He's right.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chumbler posted:

He's right.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

oh he's like a real person? sold

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they will be transporting one irl person to world's end harem

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

roobots posted:

Bisque Doll really excels due to having a dude MC who is also genuinely hot and kind and interesting and oh god the bar is so low for these romcoms. Genuinely, it's amazing how refreshing a series feels when the guy isn't just a blank self-insert for the reader.

Yeah, it's extremely refreshing that he doesn't have "communication disorder" or anything dumb like that. He's just this guy with a niche hobby that has led him to (wrongly) self-isolate, and part of the joy of the manga is watching him open up and grow as he gets involved in Marin's interests.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Patware posted:

oh he's like a real person? sold
Yeah hes a fun character. Shows real interest in Marin's hobbies, has his own hobby that Marin gets into, they bond over it. He's not as dynamic and funny as Marin or anything a lot of the focus is still on her ofc, but he keeps his end of the relationship up easily. Even physically he has a distinct design, wears old-fashioned Japanese clothes and is a big guy. He hangs out with characters that aren't Marin sometimes and manages to have a dynamic with them too, it's solid.

chumbler posted:

He's right.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, he strives to improve fairly constantly, has his own tastes and foibles in a much more natural-feeling way than a standard romcom male lead, and accepts praise more readily while still retaining his fairly introverted temperament. He's good

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Gojou is still the one that's more reactive to Marin's extroverted personality, especially early on, but the rapport/chemistry they build with each other as the series goes on doesn't feel forced at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FilthyImp posted:

Exactly! I mean a forced repopulation plan like that would be incredibly scientific, with a likely rotation for Samples as to not tire out the donors and all of them going through multiple rounds of IVF to produce as many offspring as possible while also screening for genetic abnormalities and preventing a shallow gene pool.

The idea that these 5 men would just be raw-dogging random women is ludicrous!

Don't worry they give a brief excuse about IVF not working for whatever reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the reason is that the author wants there to be loving

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hard to believe "World's End Harem" doesn't go beyond "everyone is just horny as hell"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

too bad the mc is a loving cuck fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's okay dav we finally get cute cops today

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

Hell, same

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
AMC bought Sentai. I am legit surprised on that one. I think it’ll mean Sentai will have some cash for some bigger titles now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Black Stones posted:

AMC bought Sentai. I am legit surprised on that one. I think it’ll mean Sentai will have some cash for some bigger titles now.

Oh it's the Walking Dead/Breaking Bad network, not the theater chain. That probably makes more sense.

I have no idea what to think of this, so I'm falling back into "I wish I liked the voice direction on any of Sentai's dubs."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: double post somehow

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Black Stones posted:

AMC has money to buy things with?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Whew the first episode of “In the land of Leadale” looks really cheaply made.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nitrousoxide posted:

Whew the first episode of “In the land of Leadale” looks really cheaply made.

the key visual looks really cheaply made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Supremezero posted:

AMC has money to buy things with?

i don't know if you've noticed their hilariously successful franchises, but,