Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've been watching Platinum End and while it isn't as good as Death Note it has potential. The angels are really creepy despite their pleasant appearances, the one attached to the MC gleefully suggests he murder his family in the first episode. It's also got the thing that reminds me of Death Note in that the main bad guy is trying to figure out the identities of the other Candidates to kill them while the MC is trying to do the same thing to save them from the bad guy.

I'm just annoyed the next new episode isn't until the 6th.

Look forward to Pricon season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FilthyImp posted:

Exactly! I mean a forced repopulation plan like that would be incredibly scientific, with a likely rotation for Samples as to not tire out the donors and all of them going through multiple rounds of IVF to produce as many offspring as possible while also screening for genetic abnormalities and preventing a shallow gene pool.

The idea that these 5 men would just be raw-dogging random women is ludicrous!

There was an episode of Sliders where they did the exact same thing, just setting up our heroes to be raw dogging it every day. Admittedly somehow that universe had never invented IVF but you'd think that would be an impetus to try.

I wonder if the mangaka saw that episode. Did they get Sliders in Japan?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Platinum End is a show with really big highs but only moderate lows. There's at least one twist per episode but it feels earned unlike some other shows I've watched that took this roller coaster approach.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's the one where's he's just like a regular construction worker and gets isekai'd with no cheat skill right?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So I know this is like two pages ago but someone in science fiction actually wrote about a gun that shoots forwards and backwards. It was from the little known Star of the Guardians series by Margaret Weiss and it had two features. One, you could take it apart and smuggle it into secure parties and poo poo, and two, it was a feature of the gun that it killed both the user and the target. They called it a Judas Gun, and it fired deadly lasers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Indiana_Krom posted:

So it is like the suicide bomb of guns?

Basically. Also, for added fun, they gave one to the main character, taught him how to use it, and didn't tell him it would kill him. He survived because someone else recognized the gun before he fired it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grouchio posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

that was pretty much my reaction too. I love Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer and they better not gently caress up this adaptation, whichever studio is doing it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It'd be nice if we got a new AU Gundam. Seems like last couple of years we've only gotten UC content.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bakeneko posted:

I’m sure I’m missing some of the jokes because I don’t know much about sentai, but it still manages to remind me of The Venture Bros. and that’s one of the highest compliments I can give to any show.

I'm not super familiar with toku but getting to see all these local heros is a treat. Some of them have really elaborate costumes because they don't replace them every season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

All I've been watching is Leadale and Priconne. I keep meaning to watch bisque doll and some stuff from last season. Princess connect is real good though.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to watch Leadale though, the main character is kinda unlikable

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 8, 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Shenmue has always been about the immersive experience where you can blow all your allowance on capsule toys and waste a day playing Space Harrier instead of asking everyone in earshot where you can find some sailors.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Poor Melty, she just wanted to fight Blader but she's contaminated and we can't have that, even for monsters that are seriously less than 50% chocolate.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Varinn posted:

im like three episodes into reincarnated into a total fantasy knockout and its really good so far

op whips also

I like how being the most attractive person in the universe is causing her way more troubles than benefits.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Interesting that the plot point is that it’s Blader who is the weird outlier in their world of corporate heroes and villains, where everyone else is an employee of some kind.

Yeah it's interesting that Blader is a true soul of Justice-type unlike the Magical Girls with their merch sales and corporate leadership. Dude just evolves when he needs to instead of when a focus group says he needs more power or something.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dogsicle posted:

can someone confirm or deny whether one of the magical girls is a boy

Yeah, he's a boy, he changes into a girl when he magically transforms.

Edit: So that gives us two characters who don't want to be girls and are boys at heart in the show, one for villains (Wolfe) and one for heros.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Shield Hero except Raphtalia is Dobby

Those are the grossest words ever put to (computer) memory.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So I was watching this week's Platinum End and it ended on such a bullshit cliffhanger I can hardly believe it.

Meanwhile I'm still watching Fantasy Knockout and it continues to be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Doodles posted:

Finished up "World of Leadale" just now. It was... average. Nothing to jump up and down about, but nothing that made me feel uneasy either. It will be forgotten by Summer and I doubt anyone involved had higher expectations.

Well I wish she didn''t treat her sons so condescendingly and with such violence. Other than I'll probably be going Word of Leadale, is that a kind of cake?