Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1477132321991970817

Can't wait to here the people complaining about the characters getting new VAs

My only issue with it is that Kamiya as Moroboshi instantly brings to mind Araragi

That being said, I can't argue that it's bad cad casting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
What would be the best anime based off of a mobile game with gacha mechanics?

I'm personally inclined to say Uma Musume, but I'm sure there are assorted idol fans who'd disagree. Princess Connect also seems to have positivity attached to it as well, even though I will never not see it as "The reason there's no Konosuba season 3"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It stands to reason that if the majestic king of Koopas is turned into a total bombshell via this formula, a scrawny salaryman would be turned into a scrawny little thing

My anime of the season is easily Ranking of Kings now that you don't need Funi or :filez: to watch it. That and Oddtaxi are sitting comfortably on top of last year's anime mountain, watching all the gacha/web novel/shonen jump adaptations battle for scraps

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The pickaxe breaks in the third episode anyway. Curious to see if he gets a new weapon, a replacement pickaxe, or if he's just going to carry the pole around.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

mdct posted:

No no, it was specifically those too. It was one of the kick-offs of "man, Netflix doesn't pay for good translations, like, ever" despite stuff like Squid Game being the best-performing show on the platform of all time.

The translation for Aggretsuko was pretty good, if I remember correctly

Everything else though, pbbltbltblt (The Komi-san translation was good but the subtitles were a joke, for a show with such a heavy amount of signs)

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kung Food posted:

Would it shoot actual bullets, or like a laser that makes sparks on impact and kinda hurts a little but it's okay the hero's true grit will pull them through?

There is no actual difference. Whenever actual firearms are used in tokusatsu they shoot actual ammunition that makes sparks on impact.

If they're transformed, anyway. If not, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPglqgehqzo

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The big question is will it look like Netflix Baki, or is it gonna look like Record of Ragnarok?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The Colonel posted:

is wholesome the only word people know for a story having character writing

I mean, you could have the exact same characterization and plot, but if Gojo was a teacher instead of a classmate, it wouldn't be wholesome no more

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

http://vengeance-scar.jp/

Curious to see if this ends up being anything significant. A darker take on the story centered on Scar might be good (and hopefully full of hot poo poo action, considering all he does is kill State Alchemists prior to his "Maybe I could be doing something more productive" moment) or maybe a movie where he has to go John Wick after even more bullshit happens to the surviving Ishvalans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Strange Quark posted:

a darker take than the mass genocide that already happens in the story?

I mean, if you make your focal point on the guy who actually sees his people go through said genocide and then embarks on a bloody trail of vengeance, I would wager it'd be a tint darker than the coming of age story of two plucky kids who are out to solve mysterious of varying levels of severity, even if they are missing about 65% of their body parts and have a dead mom

Fangz posted:

Is this not just a sequel to the live action movie?

I want to think that such a nightmare is an improbability, but that live action Kaguya-sama movie got a sequel, so...