Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i found the deer king an incredibly dull movie, like a ghibli without the charm, so my advice, go in with low expectations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wtf

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Reiche posted:

I read this as Curling. I wouldn’t put it past Japan to come up with a curling anime

https://twitter.com/kaguramoromi/status/967763006246477824

this was proposed but the project never went anywhere

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

the reason is that the author wants there to be loving

too bad the mc is a loving cuck fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Grouchio posted:

I see you've been introduced to hentai's most hated, stubborn, obtuse, dense protagonist who will spurn all advances to continue his species because 'they're not the girl i looooooove'

Even if hes a cuck to the degree of being genocidal, its not a hentai

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

aria stole this from Blue Comet Super Personal Trooper Layzner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJWpOqrMtjs

this is a completely different thing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Dav coping hard here

go actually compare the manner of op before you do a seethe attack

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Got my Bean Bandit bluray in the mail, the new Riding Bean/Gunsmith Cats. It took 4 years, was 7 minutes long and did not include subtitles

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Absolutely not

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I dont really see unfinished ops or eds as much of a bad sign, loads have great shows (looking at shaft) have those

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've been tremendously enjoying all the drama after the cuckolding chapter

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it was written 4 years ago, so nope nothing to do with the pandemic

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope they get a new writer

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Omnicrom posted:

Was 2025 that bad?

idk, 2202 was so bad i never bothered to start 2205

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

2199 was by the rahxephon guy (cool) and the subsequent stuff is by various other people (not cool)

Yeah the new writer and director created a very uninteresting anime. Season 1 characters and plot points get forgotten and a new uninteresting cast and plot takes the main stage

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

Three episodes in and I really appreciate how Hakozume is more about cops doing more mundane tasks that cross over into social work instead of solving major crimes or being confrontational with people.

tfw no kawai wife

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

It said it came from a manga in last seasons op :)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

If you're gonna make off kilter jokes please make sure they are at least funny and not whatever this low effort trash is

he actually mods

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

They have a stream where they both talk over the episodes together if you know japanese

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SexyBlindfold posted:

Since it's considered a culturally significant traditional craft I think you can qualify for some degree of government support, but I have no idea what form it regularly takes other than it being some of the fields eligible for the title of Living National Treasure (government recognition as a master practitioner of some of Japan's cultural heritage disciplines, either as an artisan or entertainer), which comes with a hefty yearly grant and some additional perks.
When I first got into the show I actually assumed Gojo's grandpa was a LNT since he's a master craftsman, but reading up on it a bit more it's actually insanely hard to get that title since there's a limit of like 100 nationwide title-holders at any given time due to budget constraints, so you basically have to wait for one of the current holders to die off to even be considered, at which point you'll be duking it out with every other master artisan in the country. It's like craftsmanship Highlander and it'd be a great subject for a manga.

I'd actually be super interested in other mangas or animes that deal with traditional artisans in a modern setting, I was searching for some the other day but could only find Cuprum's Bride, which is super wholesome but only has 14 chapters out so far.

traditional carpentry is the background setting of Chiisakobee

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

can't go wrong with that director (outside of umaru)!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the low iq viewer: bisque doll, wholesome

the high iq gentleman: akebi, feet

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol thats a funny selling point. yeah if you find the character annoying they'll be gone soon enough!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tabletops posted:

It’s hit or miss for me, I like some of the super deformed? I don’t know the term for it I guess comedy bits can be funny, the art in general is great and sometimes the comedy lands but it does the thing so many other shows do and injects these ridiculous and sometimes tedious bits in the middle of dramatic tension moments and it’s honestly baffling that it’s such a popular technique.

It’s like they think (or maybe know, poo poo idk) that a viewer couldn’t possibly stand another moment of dramatic suspense or tension or they’ll lose their loving minds and stop reading/watching unless someone makes a dumb goof right in the middle of it

/rant

chibi?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dessler redeemed himself in the original too, its hardly the main problem with 2202 (and yamato as a whole is a series about redemption anyway)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the author says its season 3

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

slavery is bad

name one reason why

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

America is too imperialist, i don’t care for the opinions of its leaderd

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

because its inhumane

what if they arent humans but beastmen, or perhaps elves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i called around a few times with Enterbrain and Kodansha and after a few meetings, some drinks and plenty of visits to hostess clubs we all decided the just announced anime My Life as Inukai-san's Dog deserved more budget. As a consequence we have given delicious in dungeon to a lower tier studio to be able to properly allocate the budget to more deserving series