Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A dart throwing anime that's a stealth podcast for the VA's to talk about whatever and it's all improv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Big Leg posted:

good luck trolling me now with this image in my arsenal

Whats this one from?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I want an isekai where the protagonist reincarnates as basically Empress Theodora for Byzantium.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Silver2195 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodora_(wife_of_Justinian_I)

I think/hope Raenir meant a story where someone who comes from nothing rises to power by marrying an Emperor or something like that, not the seedy (and probably partly made up by Procopius) details.

More that the protagonist finds themselves in a situation sorta like in the Eliza Villainess series. Where they find themselves in a "doomed" situation with many enemies in a "doomed"/declining Empire and numerous challenges and need to rely on their grit and wits and sheer will to turn things around. Theodora single handedly saved the Eastern Empire on Justinian's behalf when he was in a plague ridden-ed coma.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Is this also from Bisque Doll?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

genericnick posted:

Superpower: WD-40

Skill: Propane & Propane Accessories Appraisal.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
You can save money by using ground pepper instead.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
vokksu makina no densetsu so far seems like a show that would really benefit from having a much longer number of episodes; the plot pacing feels efficient to the point that character development has a pretty fast turnaround such that in the introductory episode I'm actually doubting that the main characters could have had a change of heart so quickly having only briefly been to that village. The animation is generally pretty good but that fast pacing does undercut certain set pieces which would have benefited from actually utilizing dramatic tension. For some reason only the dub is available, which is fine, I've been enjoying the acting performances of the VA's and they sound oddly familiar.

Probably not my anime of the year but it's certainly enjoyable to watch and makes my excercise bike sessions go smooth. As I don't really have a whole lot to watch this season it easily makes the list (of things to watch weekly) and slides in easily having finished the first season of Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime Video.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I Am Fowl posted:

Yes, please.

I want an actual shonen with this energy now. :)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I agree with the points you're making; in theory you could have a story where a reincarnated character with modern values is constantly beset with morally compromising choices. Actually using those elements to reinforce/highlight the inner struggle of the main character in navigating and interacting with this unfamiliar world and that could be an engaging story. Especially if the take away is "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ragnar34 posted:

:psyduck:

Hopefully Trigger knows it has a divine obligation to make something oversized, underdone, and puzzlingly dysfunctional. It'll be better on the blu-rays, of course, they pinkie promise.

Or they'll do a competent job and the only characteristic it'll share with the original property is that they'll both have been developed in a horribly exploitative work environment.

Isn't Cyberpunk 2077 based off of a well known property or am I thinking of Shadowrun? Maybe the anime is a result of some initially planned multimedia push to complement the game but I think there's an underlying IP that's there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's based off a tabletop game that was the runner up to Shadowrun. Before the game it was primarily known for using photographs of dolls in place of illustrations in its most recent edition because whoops no money.

I kinda like these images, they're the right kind of uncanny valley.