Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

UY reboot is both shocking but not too shocking as reportedly Rumiko had issues with the original anime. It should be interesting though as it's a series very much of the 80's and does have some things they'd need to smooth over

I thought she didn't like Beautiful Dreamer because she felt it didn't match the tone of the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1477132321991970817

Can't wait to here the people complaining about the characters getting new VAs

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I thought that some fans tend to get a bit vocal whenever a VA doesn't reprised their role unless they're in retirement. I remember reading about a Kinnikuman game in Japan that bombed because Akira Kamiya didn't reprise him and they had Toshio Furukawa. Not to mention that they refuse to recast Banjou from Daitarn 3 in SRW, or any of Kamiya's main roles, causing stuff like Toei Getter, Raideen, Daimos, Dangaioh and 70's Gaiking to now being exiled from the series.

And for the record, I'm completely fine if they change the VA's if the original actors are too old. I was just saying that some fans are going to be vocal about the change

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Grouchio posted:

I see you've been introduced to hentai's most hated, stubborn, obtuse, dense protagonist who will spurn all advances to continue his species because 'they're not the girl i looooooove'

I think it's good he doesn't want to become a breeding machine Grouchio

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Davincie posted:

idk, 2202 was so bad i never bothered to start 2205

What the hell happened to the Yamato remake series? I heard great things about the first (2199), and everything afterwards has had a mixed to negative reception

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i'm pretty sure that jam project also did the opening for the first season of battle spirits dan and cardfight vanguard, which are all tcg anime

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Julias posted:

It's almost like there's a ton of good anime and manga to watch, and games to play, and books to read, and...

yeah that's my problem, i get really distracted by games

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

Same timeslot as IBO and Age, incidentally. G-Reco aired on fridays at 2 in the morning. so it does signal theyve got more confidence in this. (and that itll probably be 50 episodes like IBO and Age were, though it might get a seasonal split like IBO)

Speaking of G-Reco, are the movies supposed to be better than the TV series so far?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

You know what we REALLY need? A new adaptation of Bobobo-bobo-bobo that covers the entire manga, uncensored with all the blood and with all the references that were cut out of the anime like Yugi popping out of Bobobo's afro

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

My favorite vampire is Seras from Hellsing

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I love it when White Americans tell Japan that they need to fix their culture, while the U.S. is deeply rooted in systematic racism.

Thinking back to that one lovely webcomic artist with the bear avatar saying that the U.S. needs to send Japan to sensitivity training while telling people who live outside the U.S. who criticizes it to STFU

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 22, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Strange Quark posted:

Sir are you white

Yes, but I don't try to act like my culture is morally superior to others

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's probably be a good first step to not assuming that every creepy thing in a country's media is some intrinsic part of their culture.
Yeah, I should have thought about that, and was really lovely on my part.

I'm sorry about that and my knee jerk whataboutism and dismissing criticism

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 22, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

kater posted:

It was a funny joke you don’t need to obsess over it.
I haven't seen Dress Up Darling myself, but if people find it creepy, it probably is and should call the show out on it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

i like how wildly youve swung from 'this is their culture do NOT act superior' to 'actually if someone finds it creepy it objectively is'

I was being an idiot and had a knee jerk reaction - I should have read the post more and not accidentally imply that Japanese culture is like that.

I want to be called out when I say something stupid so I can learn from the experience

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 22, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

toddlers in tiaras exists. however, so does vividred operation. therefore i am moving to the vatican, a city free of sin.

Don't forget that child pageants also exists and poo poo like Honey Boo Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

what soup is that

it looks delicious