Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

Why would people complain about Lum when it already happens all the time with Lupin and no one says a thing

pretty sure the first time they replaced the lupin VAs (for the fuma conspiracy?) they got a lot of poo poo for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

My only issue with it is that Kamiya as Moroboshi instantly brings to mind Araragi

That being said, I can't argue that it's bad cad casting

they're the same character

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its this puritan brain disease that will make it so they don't show lum's boobs in the new uy

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

Got my Bean Bandit bluray in the mail, the new Riding Bean/Gunsmith Cats. It took 4 years, was 7 minutes long and did not include subtitles

if you think about it you did this to yourself

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Forgall posted:

So the selling point of this show is that there's a girl, and she has more than one personality trait?

she also shows forehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Asimo posted:

Fun fact: the old animated Rankin Bass specials (as opposed to the stop motion ones) were done by studio Topcraft in Japan. One of the last films they made in the early 80's was a little thing called Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. So yeah studio Ghibli is kind of a successor to Topcraft after the studio fell apart, and there's at least an indirect line between The Last Unicorn and Spirited Away which in retrospect makes complete sense. :v:

the stop motion ones were animated in japan as well (not by topcraft of course)