Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

all cyber, no punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

thats why we got that big explosion in stemmy poo poo in urban areas over the past decade or so yup

this being artifically caused in vancouver has resulted in my field being so hosed that I'm genuinely considering terf island as a potential place with higher wages

I'd prefer like, washington state, but we've managed to accomplish a combination of some of the highest costs of living in the country and lowest wages in the tech sector

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

nice

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I’ll let the maoist-third worldist weirdos put a bullet in me if they’ll let me do the suburban middle class white evangelical cult families for them first

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

carry on then posted:

you're not getting shot, you're getting dispersed to the oppressed nations to labor in service to them to repay your debt for oppressing them

it’s a good thing jdpon people don’t exist outside of internet echo chambers because given the choice between twenty years of mining lithium by hand for the crime of being a lower class computer toucher or a bullet I’d take the bullet

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

service workers should be allowed to commit violence against influencers

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

also those big fuckoff "pickup" trucks the size of a big rig should require a commercial license

should be illegal to own if you live within 10 km of an urban area as well

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I clicked on that for a bigger image and now there's that nazi gently caress stonetoss in my twitter recs

thanks

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I prefer the truck stop bathroom wall of the internet.

why would you go on reddit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

infernal machines posted:

that picture appears to show people using contactless transit cards, so whether or not the text of the tweet is true, it's unrelated to the image

since that tweet is the only source for anyone reporting that, and the tweet itself doesn't link to an actual story, i wouldn't necessarily take it at face value

makes me wonder what the percentage of google pay/apple pay/tap credit cards on most transit systems is relative to local transit cards is across different jurisdictions

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah, I've been thinking for a while that he's trying to make his legacy spitting out the phrase "this was NATO's fault" with his last breath as a second strike lands a dozen MIRVs on the Kremlin

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Armitag3 posted:

https://omniglot.com/writing/phagspa.htm

In 1260 a Tibetan monk was commissioned to design a script that would turn out to look cyberpunk as drek

drat, klingon writing is real

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

haveblue posted:

at least this will reduce the casualties when it hits the ambulance

you're assuming the car won't override FSD and repo itself while the leaseholder is driving it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

nuclear war is now the only honourable course of action

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

someone got my vanity domain (without the extension) as their facebook short url name and we're both in a similar field with obviously similar names, so the odds were likely it'd happen and it's partly on me for not bothering to get it sooner. i don't even use facebook for anything but the principle of it annoys me

my name.com was registered a long time ago, but i have a common name so i'm not surprised one of us got to it before me

same, no way in hell was I getting lastname.com or lastna.me

I could probably get lastname.newfangledshittygtld but then every spamhaus blocklist etc will be like "lol recently registered + often-abused gTLD = everyone block this chode's emails"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

combine this with teledildonics and 2023 is the year of the vrchat blowjob

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

What if it’s the corrugated metal and lovely public access vhs aesthetic of the max headroom pirate incident

I think that falls under the category of "best possible outcome"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rotor posted:

i feel like they probably dont actually sell that data to the police

if they didn't they will now, thanks jerf bezorp

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

post hole digger posted:

I'm not familiar with this sort of thing so it was incredibly anti climatic audio wise for me when he started firing lol

science fiction coil guns: crackPEW
real coil guns: [stapler gun noises]

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

keep in mind there are different tiers of cops in america. there's jimbo the part time klansman's sheriffs department who won't bother with things like intel gathering. then there's the US marshals who will happily take any intel they can get to make extrajudicially executing you because the president tweeted about it. then there's the feds who will get that intel one way or another.

it's that middle tier you've gotta worry about amazon selling your roomba pickup composition and floorplan to

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

for what tho

date night :heysexy:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

didn't know the c-spam ecofascism thread did a last supper pastiche

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

thats a lot of authors for something that boils down to "lol absolutely do not use this"

publish or die, as the saying goes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

GenJoe posted:

also it's super loving obvious when someone posts midjourney on twitter because like, there aren't a lot of artists in the world who can produce art with that kind of fidelity, and the ones that can have been working forever at it and you can see how they've experimented with their styles and processes over time to get to where they're at. with midjourney it's just like, completely contextless and empty

this is also why you won't see AIs cranking out actual music that can achieve any sort of commercial success or popularity anytime soon. people have been hooking random number generators up to synthesizers for years, but those results get parsed and manipulated by human creativity to produce a final work

AIs can create art when AIs are indistinguishable on all levels from human consciousness, and at that point we have a completely new set of problems to figure out that aren't just techbros claiming their chatbots are sentient artists because their precious machine learning model is better at drawing than they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my favourite thing about the blade runner opening is that it’s all in-camera. no compositing, no optical printers. just the same film stock being rewound and exposed over and over for different lighting passes via motion control

high budget cinematography in the early 80s was loving nutty and Ridley Scott knew exactly the right shots to throw millions of dollars and weeks of shooting time at for maximum effect