Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_R4pR1hck

Christmas is over and now it's time for the real Christmas. The transfer window is open again for 30 days (unless you're reading this in Spain, Italy Germany etc in which case come back on Monday)

All your favourite teams are going to be stripped to the waist brawling in the street to massively overpay some no-name Belgian winger and this is the thread to post about it. No holds barred. Verified transfer accounts are time wasters, I want to see the most baseless speculation possible. Third hand accounts that Romelu Lukaku got on the bus to Ewood Park. Post those flight logs that show Erling Haaland is flying to Manchester TODAY. Take a player's media quote completely out of context to the point that 'nah don't fancy a move this year' turns into 'I am a modern slave please get the fax machine switched on ASAP and save me'.

Ones to Watch

Newcastle United have got nice new Saudi owners and are going to be busy signing every player they possibly can to try and stay in the league. Kieran Trippier looks like he'll be the first new arrival which I think is an astute, well-judged signing that will improve them in a key position at a sensible cost. Not what you want to see at all. Do better please Newcastle.

Out of seemingly nowhere Big Rom Lukaku has decided he's had enough of getting paid a fat wedge at Chelsea and would prefer to earn a fat wedge somewhere else. He wants to go back to Inter but doesn't look likely. Expect inflammatory statements, cryptic 'fed up of all the snakes. Just me and the kids from now on' style instagram posts and an eventual boot out the door

A Christmas Day move to Bayern Munich for Raphinha turned out to be off the mark, but he's still on the market. For some reason the newly-minted Brazil international has got it into his head that he could do better than playing alongside 15 year old academy players and Tyler Roberts. Weird how that happens. Liverpool have Made Enquiries in previous windows and with the AFCON coming up wouldn't be surprised if they continue their interest. If he's still at Leeds on the 31st I will be staggered

Other Stuff
- Aubameyang might get a move from Arsenal because he's a prick and Arteta hates him
- Probably some players getting moved on at Man United as part of the Ralf system
- Everton are looking to spend to improve the squad in January because lmao of course they are it's Everton
- Leeds will sign nobody
- City might finally get around to signing England's Harry Kane but probably not because he's poo poo now
- Spurs? Maybe? Some players?
- Barca are skint but still signing players. Idk how this works I don't watch la liga it might be a rule or something
- And many more

Only one rule in this thread that we all know but in case you're new: a done deal can only be announced as such if a deal has been confirmed as done. Contracts need to be signed, people. Official club statements. If he ain't sold, then do not bold. If you say a deal has been done and it hasn't you'll be sent to transfer jail. That's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Christ I was right. Barely two hours into the window and Vitaliy Mykolenko to Everton from Dynamo Kiev for Undisclosed is a Done Deal.

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1477218189423611906

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

the sex ghost posted:

If he ain't sold, then do not bold.

the sex ghost posted:

Big Rom Lukaku

smhjsmgdh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

You can bold names op you can't bold d*ne d*al (the one in the op was for illustrative purposes and not connected to a transfer so is also allowed *bangs mod gavel*)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Leeds selling raphinha would be cool and good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Going to take some topping this

https://twitter.com/ElChiringuitoEN/status/1477236440824176642?s=20

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lmao

*entire undertaker entrance plays, building to a crescendo where a man just says "it's midnight, go home until mbappe shows up"*

you're not in barca, you can afford some catherine wheels or something

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm excited for newcastle to spunk 200m on someone and still get relegated

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Axel Tuanzebe is cutting short his third loan at Villa to join Napoli on loan. Was good for us in the Championship, has been a bit poo poo in the PL.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1477234505060700161

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
I’d like transfer Santa to bring Arsenal someone to finally replace Xhaka pls

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

I’d like transfer Santa to bring Arsenal someone to finally replace Xhaka pls

*a finger curls on the monkey's paw*

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

West Brom have signed Daryl Dike from Orlando city. Over the moon with that tbh, think he’s exactly what we need already and he’s only 21 so still room to grow

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Milan need a center back since Kjaer is out for the season and Romagnoli is poo poo and also probably leaving on a free in the summer. The rumor is either Bremer from Torino, which would be good for the right price, and an increasingly unlikely bid for Sven Botman from Lille who will 100% go somewhere else.

Kessie could probably be had for a bargain price for someone desperate enough, since it doesn’t look like he’s going to renew his contract.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/thespursweb/status/1477424734170230784?t=kSuiiw77PdqEaekFLjvkzg&s=19 luv silky season me

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
kane to city for £200mil, lukaku to spurs for £150mil, levy laughs all the way to the bank, it all adds up!!!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Rename thread “luv silky season me”

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Suntoucher posted:

West Brom have signed Daryl Dike from Orlando city. Over the moon with that tbh, think he’s exactly what we need already and he’s only 21 so still room to grow

fucks sake, what a piece of business that is.

here I was thinking boro were going to cruise it with so many teams in free fall.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm excited for newcastle to spunk 200m on someone and still get relegated

This but also all their signings having negotiated relegation release clauses and loving off

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
juventus are getting serial cuckold Mauro Icardi on a 6 month long loan from PSG. 2.5mil with 35mil option to buy

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
huh genuinely thought hed be off to newcastle

anyone heard anything on coutinho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Farcelona

https://twitter.com/mcfcnewsapp/status/1477630149856219136?s=20

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

abuse culture. posted:

juventus are getting serial cuckold Mauro Icardi on a 6 month long loan from PSG. 2.5mil with 35mil option to buy

This is a good deal if he’s even half as good as he was before he left Inter. I’m sure every Mediaset channel is also thrilled to have Wanda back in town.

The Insigne to Toronto thing appears to be moving forward. Given the major thing he’d be giving up is his spot in the national team and he just won a major trophy with them, I can’t hate it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rofl

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/Futbol_Mercado/status/1477839970295431169?t=G5AJYkZKQjX7Bno4bME58w&s=19

Mmmm

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1477903303149195264?s=21

It's great how much funnier this is when he's not doing it to a club I support :allears:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Looks like Everton have bought Nathan Patterson for £12m, rising to £16m, with a sell on clause.

He’s obviously got an incredibly high ceiling and it’s a wrench to see him go, but he wasn’t getting game time at right back with Tav, and £16m for a 20 year old who’s played around 10 games is mental Barclays money.

Still, part of ‘the model’ and now we’re gonna buy a PSG youngster and every other Dutch academy prospect who’s a bit homesick I guess.

Rafa with two new full backs as well with that Mykolenko.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is annoyingly sensible. Where's the Roque Santa Cruzes of the world?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's a good signing. Who is going to be their robinho

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

It's a good signing. Who is going to be their robinho

Aubameyang for £100m

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

greazeball posted:

Aubameyang for £100m

Up pops a smiling Lukaku

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/1477953758256672768

rofl

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Isn't Ferran injured anyway so they're not in any rush to register him

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope Newcastle spend one billion pounds and get relegated

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's the best possible outcome.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tbh I think it would be funnier if all of their transfers fell through and they panic-sign paul konchesky on a free on deadline day, before the fans immediately turn on them like a pack of feral dogs

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope Newcastle sign Aubameyang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Newcastle overpay for a bunch of new signings, get relegated anyway, all the new signings leave because their contracts had relegation release clauses