Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Another bad year has passed, maybe some of your photos made your year better.

Post a few of your favourite photos from 2021 but be mindful of those using a 56k and try to limit the number of photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Every photo i took in 2021 is a favorite otherwise i wouldnt have taken it

For real tho, nice pics!

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I put these together for my year end IG post.

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 3, 2022

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007
Hard to choose from, had a lot of favorites this year:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Here's a few

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for starting this up. Maybe mention it in one of the general threads? I missed it because I always come here through the control panel and only see threads I've already subscribed to.

Anyway, 2021 wasn't the best year for me and I didn't get out to shoot very much but here are some I'm pretty happy with.

Albany Bulb Brown Pelican-1041 on Flickr

Cowzilla for pano2-0908 on Flickr

Wildcat Slender Salamander no logo-1698 on Flickr

Gyuto Annas Hummingbird-7404 on Flickr

Dotson Diving Kite-0070 on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

North Carolina Waterfalls-2 by Will King, on Flickr

Fayetteville-15 by Will King, on Flickr

Ravenel Bridge Sunset-63 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-302 by Will King, on Flickr

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I like em all but this especially

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
i like the cheeky self portrait in that one. kohls and tv specialty are quite nice too

i wonderhow people decided their favourites in here. i f you aren't going to make a post in here i recommend trying to come up with your favourites anyway . the process was really introspective

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Edit:

And this cliche picture, not so much because of the picture but because what it took to get there.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 17, 2022

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Twenties Superstar posted:

i like the cheeky self portrait in that one. kohls and tv specialty are quite nice too

i wonderhow people decided their favourites in here. i f you aren't going to make a post in here i recommend trying to come up with your favourites anyway . the process was really introspective

I went thru every pic I took in 2021 and just selected what I thought might be the "hits" with no regard to like a coherent series or whatever, ended up with like 40 photos that I just picked 5 from that I thought were best for the thread, also thx

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My selection was all vibes. These are the photos I took that I think about the most.

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...

Spectacular.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
ive posted all of these here before because this forum is one of the last things on the internet that still makes me want to shoot and share photos so thanks for that, i dig these ones the most

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I like that last one a lot

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Keeping an Eye on Me by B. B., on Flickr

Early Morning Stansberry Street by B. B., on Flickr

Vacancy by B. B., on Flickr

Construction on Hold by B. B., on Flickr

Uncropped Close Flyby by B. B., on Flickr

Flying Away by B. B., on Flickr

Well Head in Pasture by B. B., on Flickr

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I've recently started taking photography a bit more serious so here are some of my favourites of last year in no particular order.

E: deleted some because I didn't read the 56k warning in the OP, sorry.

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 25, 2022

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Looking back at these, with distance, I start to second guess my post but in an effort to overcome perfect being the enemy of good, there they are. One thing I enjoy of the first three is how they move away from a primary objective of a purely accurate representation and towards emphasizing feeling/atmosphere. I might have went a bit hard with #3 although if memory serves, this is close to how my scan came out and the sunset was pretty intense that evening. Regardless, I like the feeling these photos evoke but I want to continue working balancing that with “accuracy”.

As for (related) technical things, I want to work on my scanning process and when I nail something better down, I'll rescan these and give them another go. Thanks go out for the suggestions I've received on that front.

For the coming year I’m hoping to move back to the area I grew up and work on a series emphasizing “it”. I dislike where I am and it’s becoming difficult to motivate myself, I feel burnt out. I’ve gotten what I can out of this city and it’s time to move on.

edit: I might be making a big deal out of accuracy/feeling when in "reality" these two perspectives/objectives aren't really that far from one another. I am not used to articulating this type of thing.

digitalist fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 10, 2022

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

These are extremely cool, I love them.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
I spent some time in Australia's Northern Territory last year ("that's not a knife...") and I got plenty of photos of crocs and fires and BIG PICTURE NATURE but my favourite moments were a drive through after a storm and the crowd at the rodeo.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 12, 2022

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

This is my favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I've looked at most of my 2021 photos now.

February

February

October

October

November

November

December

Did we have a 2022 thread?