Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

w&w

ninja gaiden 3

quarantine

trying to jack off fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reserved 2

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive been completely addicted to super turbo this week and i just realised i now probably wont have time play this until the 24th lol, gonna need to master this game quick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

turns out this game blows, gonna be a nightmare getting those cheevos

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

i think its pretty good for an old game

ive played better

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

once i do a run through my opinion might change but the first level of vertical climbing on thin platforms while enemies spawn from above is tedious and not enjoyable at all. soon as i loaded it i instantly remembered turning this game off after 2 minutes and never playing it again like 20 years ago when i was going through nes roms lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know what game i would pick already

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Don't you live in Australia. This isnt even a top 50 bad europlatformer. Might not even crack top 100. Rares third best game after donkey kong country 2 and blast corps. Die!

Edit: to clarfiy andnfor everyones informatuon, Australia IS Europe

its no whiz that's for sure

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

b_d posted:

what's a good nes emulator nowadays. for regular playing stuff mostly accurately, and looking ok while doing it.

the nintendo entertainment system

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im not going to get the challenge badge, the game blows and im never going to play it again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

if it didnt have infinite continues then there would be an epic avgn video on it we'd all be quoting right now

:hai:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished it off, had to walk back in forth in the hallway before the final boss for 5 minutes to get enough gems lol.

yep

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

gonna return to this tomorrow. got stuck on a teleporting wizard

that was the end of the game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if youre playing with save states im going to kill you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

He paused it and left the NES on and also placed a shoe in front of the NES so his mom wouldn't see the orange light and turn it off overnight.

its the only legal way

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Nominating 'dying to the purple ghosts that appear when you kill a boss' as one of the worst feeling gaming fails

id just levitate and let them fly into my sword

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also basically how i beat the final boss lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

patiently waiting to make my pick just so i can replay it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

this game is inscrutable

wait until level 3 lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Enemies spawning seemingly infinitely is super annoying yeah.

Note: I haven't made it out of the tree yet, maybe it's different outside of the tree.

its the same everywhere

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

lolling thinking about my game pick and the infinitely respawning enemy chat

theres a place for infinitely spawning enemies, and that place is not directly over your head when you basically need to touch the top of the screen to make it scroll up lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i like this game but thats barely a compliment

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

god drat this game sucks lol

feeling good to be on the right side of history

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i remember hearin axelay was cool, good pic rookie

oh yaeh i put together a list of games from th first two game clubs:

super punch out
alien soldier
the legend of zelda
symphony of the night
super hang on
gargoyle's quest
mystical ninja starring goemon/goemon's great adventure

lolling at the 10 hour games and super hang on catching the blame

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mbt posted:

got in there. the first stage almost made me say gently caress this but im glad i stuck through. the final boss is a chump if you stnad on the far left
also put me on the list i want to make everyone play mystic towers

i veto mystic towers, way to waste your vote

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

>games that should be easily cleared
>goemon's great adventure

lol seriously

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think some ten hour games should be okay if we expand to 2 weeks during that, but :shrug:

SOTN was a good pick back then

Maybe, even though w&w sucks it was nice that everyone could beat it in a quick sitting and everyone could discuss it which made it a really good choice. if people are feeling time pressure they'll just quit or play it in their own time making it bleed into the next week, which is bascially what happened to the old thread

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yeah I guess we will just play it by ear but I want this thread to last longer than the other 2

:hai: imo games like sotn also shouldnt be nominated because its something everyone has either played or intends to, people should be using it as a chance to nominate fun little games that might easily have been missed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the horn reveals secret doors, it sucks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pretty sure lava boots were also bugged since you still lost life in lava

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

The only place I ever found boots was the first area and I lost them when I picked up another item that overwrote them. Is there a way to see what's in the chest before picking it up or cancel getting an item or something. Otherwise you'd just have to memorize which chests had the bad items in them.

christ, the final skull areas must have been hell lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Muscle Wizard posted:

bro where the gently caress is this red key

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I had the levitation juice and I still couldn't get up there to get it (kept slipping down the hill). I ended up riding a perfectly positioned bubble all the way up and then jumping at the right time.

i used a blue potion

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im playing all the games on original hardware

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

christ, glad to know im just as bad at axelay as i was when i would play it at my dad's friends house when i was 8

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive always been able to no hit the vertical stages and then get wrecked on the horizontal ones

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress you

i kept my mouth shut but i was lolling to myself at the original suggestion of one 1cc on hard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

stage 4 is loving cool. this game has really good art

i remember as a kid thinking the water would kill me and panicking when you get to the section where it forces you into it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol, everytime to lose a weapon to that fucker its some positioning error that gets you cheaped out