Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

streaming + binging rulez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

veni veni veni posted:

Does anyone really enjoy watercooler TV chat that much? Seriously? I'd rather just do the weather it's over in 3 seconds and I don't have to listen to what some dumbass at work thinks about game of thrones for 10 minutes. gently caress water cooler chat.

factual statement. anyone using this line of thinking to argue that weekly is superior lacks self control and should look within themselves for the answer (binge 4 life)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

water cool deez

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

What should I watch next

Continuum

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

I've seen pretty much all of it, I live with a die hard fan but I won't be stockholmed

e I haven't watched Peacemaker yet, but I hate him so much from the movie I'm not sure how much fun I'll have watching it

Peacemaker loving owns and John Cena is very likeable and also funny, imo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Let Reacher play in the background this morning and I'm a little disappointed. Too many situations where Jack's impossible strength, competence, and wits are less important than his impossible luck.

South American special forces who hold you at gun point within arms reach instead of like 10 paces out? Come on now.

You would hate Banshee then (and u would be wrong for this)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Peacemaker owned

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Peacemaker really owns. Charming cast and John Cena also owned.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Negative, bucko. Incorrect, try again. All of those shows would have reached their true potential if released binge style.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm absolutely out of shows, out of movies. Checked what's new to netflix, hbo, prime this month and its garbage. Guess I'll have to read a book or something lol

Anybody randomly come across a gem on HBO or something? I've probably seen it already but who knows

u seen continuum?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I haven't. Is it just called "Continuum"?

Thanks, might be due for a rewatch of this one.

Yes, its a bit older but it's good and owns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Watch Banshee instead

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I hate all the children in raised by wolves tbh. I only care to see mother and father owning

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the last kingdom pwns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

speaking of nc17.. hell yea dude

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i just stream everything using an Nvidia shield, works pretty good, allegedly

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the white boy in tokyo vice is a fuckin dweeb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

tbf all fight sequences are boring

e: except in tokusatsu

wrong. Titans has grade a fight choreography as does Warrior

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Moon Knight sux bad

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

Ok so what’s good y’all. I been watching koth on hulu it ducking slaps. Can’t believe it holds up like this

Tokyo vice

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

BisterdDave posted:

Thanks for this! Now I can find out what this whole Severance thing is about.

How is Foundation?

garbagio

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

I liked Foundation :shobon:

a damning admission

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

I only made it halfway through Foundation, but the worst part of the show is how close they were to nailing it. A few tweaks to the story structure and another pass on each script could have made that show an all-timer with that cast and production design and high-level approach to the material. But as it stands, it's quite bad.

The acting and dialog is very bad almost across the board. The action scenes are insanely bad. Cleon doesn't limp right.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Batman was extremely mid

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

re outer range: brolins prayer at the dinner table in episode 2 fuckin rocked lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Papercut posted:

I watched the first 40 minutes of Batman and burst out laughing at 2-3 scenes that were definitely not meant to be funny. The movie was so self serious, it played like parody for me. Like the "vengeance" line lmao how far up your own rear end are you bro. I feel like I should watch the rest just to know, but God I did not like that first half hour at all.

yeah it's mid feel free to laugh

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Seriously wtf is up with M Night Shamalam. I was just watching a bit of Servant and now I'm watching Old, and his dialog is so weird and stilted in all his stuff, people act so unnatural in every one of his movies. I used to think it was some awful stylistic choice that only he understood, but I don't even know. I guess he's just incompetent? It's like if a robot wrote and directed movies.

yeah it's pretty whack

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

precision posted:

remembered i have Apple+ so i started watching Foundation and it seems really dope!

it's trash, straight garbagio

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

pace limp like chicken

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

boba, obiwan, hawkeye, moonknight all suck rear end lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

binge watching owns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I actually finished Night Sky yesterday, and I've been trying to figure out why I hated it so much.

Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons are loving awesome. They don't phone it in, they're amazing. They're the main reason to watch this thing. I don't want to understate how good of a job they do.

However, it's just more stupid mystery box bullshit nonsense. Most of it is wheel-spinning. Everyone is always making mysterious references to things you're theoretically going to find out all about in season 4. Few questions are answered and the ones that are are only answered in the last ten minutes of the last episode. It's more of the horrible crap that lies at the heart of so much 2020's prestige TV: cliffhangers, vaguenesses, the filling up of time with nothing.

the best you can hope for is that it gets cancelled after one season so as to punish the writers for their hubris

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

shang chi was more weightless mcu trash fights. no joke Titans has the best super hero fight choreography, especially the robin fights.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Upsidads posted:

Teen Titans yes?

Yeah but the show is just called "Titans"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Yeah it's a fun show imo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i like Elizabeth Olsen but her trying to be genuinely evil was phoned in and that movie sucked lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the only good part was Haley atwell as captain carter

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

me either but I liked agent carter:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Warrior rocks cock