Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its your brain trying to wake you up from the simulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Who What Now posted:

Is sleep paralysis different for different people? To me sleep paralysis is when I'm lying down asleep but I can clearly hear what's going on around me but no matter how hard I try to will myself to move I can't. I never experience any kind of demons or nightmares, I just can't bring myself to move my body even though I'm (partially) aware of my surroundings.

that just generally means its happened earlier in the hypnogogic cycle, before rem sleep has occurred, if i understand things correctly which well,

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

normality is the opioid of the masses or something idk im really stupid

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the worst sleep paralysis i had i was stuck in the hospital tent from The Little Sisters of Eluria and they put the bugs all over me and it was loving terrifying usually its just greys trying to do surgery on me which is like dude do you know how much time ive spent getting surgery its cool this is fine (no i will still not go to a regular doctor)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yaldabaoth posted:

If invoking Jesus actually made the demon go away then no, that wasn't just a medical condition.

holy poo poo lmao

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

I had it a lot for a while, until I had an emergency and my appendix was removed. Haven't had it since. It was like subconscious stress caused it, weird.

demons are stored in the appendix

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm not saying it's a literal demon but medical conditions don't go away just because the patient prays to Jesus, so something really hosed up must be going on here even if it's not biblical.

maybe its demons maybe its psychosomatic, maybe its maybelline

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You Are A Elf posted:

Anyone ever have their leg just violently twitch themselves awake? It usually happens to me when I’m dreaming I’m falling from a great height (those dreams happen more than I’d like to).

It’s like my body is telling itself to wake up right the gently caress now because I never see the end result of my fall. Lucid dreaming, maybe?

this is called a hypnogogic jerk and it is a muscle spasm occurring after your body has started to go to sleep but before it has finished, this is also what causes us to fee like we are falling rifght before falling asleep fully soemtimes

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

kill your roommate, in minecradt lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

QUID PRO BONO posted:

Is it sleep paralysis if I wake up and I feel like I can't move for hours, like the entire day? But also, it's more metaphorical and about living the same life in a rut for years?

thats depression sorry bud

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ohhhhh look at me i know two different words ohhhhhh big man on campus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i went to school past grade ten oooooooo