Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

looking forward to playing this bad game in an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The voice actors are pretty bad in this but my friend and I were having a good time making fun of them. Co-op worked alright with a couple bugs/glitches. I had to look up what the gently caress an "amortizer" was because it told me to jump in them and apparently it's a serbo-croatian word for "shock absorber".

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gyoru posted:

- Parkour can be weird: one time I got teleported while hanging on a ledge to a random spot a few feet away

I'm not positive but I think what might be happening here is there's tiny cutscenes sometimes that quickly get skipped because you're mashing on space to climb something. There was a section the tutorial area where I was running to get out of the building and think there was a transition cutscene while vaulting over a desk or something and I skipped it accidentally so I was suddenly teleported.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The hold to open/press to pick up stuff is annoying me for some reason. The hold doesn't always register unless you stop for like a second and then try again, I'm often accidentally restarting the "hold to open" at least a few times if I'm rushing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

haldolium posted:

wasn't DL also one of the few games that registered PRIOR to entering the actual object? So you see an object that needs to HOLD and you run up to it already holding E and it just seamlessly gets into interaction mode...

the entire looting in DL was much more fluid and faster at least. DL2 has quite a few bugs (like stuff in desk drawers can't be grabbed unless crouching in front) and stuff not registering properly... on the bright side it seems a lot less loot intensive so far at least. In DL there was almost one item per square meter to pick up.

Yeah I thought it felt a shitload more fluid and easier to pick up everything in a room in DL1. It's been a while since I played though so I wasn't sure if that was just rose tinted glasses or if there's actually a difference.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The best feature this game has is letting you skip dialogue one line at a time so I can get the idea of how stupid the story is in a fraction of the time by mashing the skip button.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh yeah, ragdolls seem kinda hosed in this game compared to DL1 don't they? Someone just mentioned it in the steam thread and that reminded me of it. If you take out a zombie from the legs they go flying comically backwards in a really over the top way and I feel like they just sorta realistically crumpled in a far more satisfying manner in DL1. That said, the head caving in's are :discourse:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's so many non-zombie npc's milling around in the world during the day that I have no idea who wants to kill me and who doesn't until they're already trying to kill me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Make sure you're selling collectibles, there's a sell all collectibles option in the store. Other than that I don't think there's any dismantling in this so I've been selling weapons and armor I find that I'm not using.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fun but definitely flawed. It scratches that same zombie killing/parkour/looting/crafting itch as the first one but there were a lot of changes made that feel like regressions between the two games. The ragdoll physics in particular aren't quite as satisfying as DL1 and combat feels more like chipping away at an enemy with a health bar until it dies in this one. I really enjoyed the first one and am having fun with this but if you're not dying to play this now or didn't have a lovely hosed up week like I did you'd probably be alright waiting for a sale.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 5, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:unsmigghh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

veni veni veni posted:

Did anyone else spend way too long wandering around the bazaar trying to figure who they didn't talk to? Felt like that was a super poor explanation of what I was actually supposed to do.

Yes, 100%. I had to look it up because I thought it was bugged.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The blueprints at the craftmaster (I hate how much they use the word craftmaster) cost money and resources to buy so I had no idea at first that you're unlocking blueprints from him that then cost further materials to craft. I assumed those were one off mods he sold. If you're looking for blueprints make sure to buy them from shops and stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This game gets exponentially better even after like 5 parkour upgrades and some basic-rear end weapon mods. If you're not modding your weapons you're doing it wrong. Mixing and matching elements between the tip and the shaft (:laugh:) is pretty neat and lets you make some absurd weapons. Don't go nuts since early on you're replacing weapons pretty quickly but having at least one or two in your inventory at all times to really whoop some rear end when you need to is super helpful. For as worried as I was about not being able to repair weapons it's really not been much of an issue at all so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I made a simple macro on my keyboard to push Q every second until I toggle it off and it's amazing while looting buildings. Still have to fight the urge to hit Q even while it's going though lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone know what the gently caress it is that's causing my friend to see punching bags I can't see that he can ride to the ground? He sees these things everywhere apparently but I don't so he just conjures a bag out of nowhere and it's silly as hell.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

haldolium posted:

it's a faction feature from the survivors in general, no idea if your friend has a bug or just unlocked it though

Ah okay, he might've done a faction mission or two that I haven't yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Buy more? I haven't been running out, but I'm always checking the store for newer, better weapons and selling older ones and the stores are almost always stocked with blues/purples. I'm also drowning in common weapons that I vendor for cash. How early in are you?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

No. 6 posted:

Can't figure out how to get a refund over the Cross-play being pulled out. Can I just issue a claim on my CC?

This is a bad idea.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I mean you could've done 5 seconds of research before you bought it but yeah it's the devs who should be punished

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I didn't know they were advertising crossplay. It definitely sucks and there's no reason not to anymore :-/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat the second map is significantly larger in scale, and I'm not sure how I feel about it right now. I kinda hate the paraglider because running around a building to find an updraft so you can paraglide up to the part where you can start climbing stinks. I think I just need to spend more time figuring out the mechanics of the glider.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rinkles posted:

Am I hearing right that they made nights have that fake video game glow? Nights being pitch black in DL1 was one of the things that originally caught my eye about that game.

no, nights are dark as gently caress in DL2.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I got the normal bow and was disappointed when I tried to headshot a human and it took like 4-5 shots to take him down and by that point the alarms were already raised :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Can you upgrade the arrows?

There's different types of arrows, seems like it might be a better use of a bow to apply DOT's from long range using a poison arrow or something.

Edit: Probably can upgrade the arrows though, that's a good point. There's so many goddamn things to upgrade that I can't decide between upgrading weapon mods or items half the time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The amount of times the "all players must be present, teleport?" prompt comes up while running around the central loop in co-op needs to be toned down. It's always coming up because I guess there's so many things in the world you need all the players present to do. But I'm asking my friend all the time "what's the teleport for?" and he was just running around the world.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Noirex posted:

Been playing Skyrim for a decade and still haven't finished the main quest.

Finally got to the 2nd area and man I suck at using the paraglider. Is there any upgrades to make this thing easier to use and where do I get it?

Yeah with even the first upgrade the paraglider gets a lot easier to use since it lets you pitch up and actually use it like a glider somewhat.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Twitch has drops for the game going on. Idk if they are blueprints or what.

It's a couple weapons and a face mask. Meh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Play posted:

One thing I wished I hadn't done was save better weapons due to worrying about them breaking. That just makes them useless once the common weapons do a bunch more damage than them, like I've got blue and purple quality weapons but they just don't do enough damage anymore because I picked them up several hours of playtime ago.

Just use your best four weapons at all times pretty much, they will be regularly restocked.

Yeah don't bother not putting mods on until you need to repair, just mod everything all the time and pick up new weapons and mod those.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I read some people saying that the zombies don't stick on the spikes but humans do and I think that tracks with what I've seen. They said it was a bug that the devs mentioned but this was some random rear end in a top hat on the steam forums so it was probably complete bullshit.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Lone Badger posted:

You upgrade your glider at a craftsman. You need 2 circuitboards for the first upgrade, 3 more for the zecond.

They seem like people who would get really indignant if you called them craftspeople instead of Craftmaster.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

it dont matter posted:

Do those areas get tougher later on?

Yes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

3080ti and RTX does cause some dips below 60 for me so yeah I just turned all that poo poo off. I honestly can't tell the difference with it on and off, the game still looks stunning with everything set to 'High' instead of 'Ray Tracing' :shrug:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Speaking of which, is the "double jump" only possible after vaulting over low obstacles? It looks to be the same restrictions as the long jump but the description of the skill is totally different and doesn't really specify when you can do it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

redreader posted:

Also I just unlocked the 'drop kick' (on the right of the tree, maybe first or second level after the first skill) but how do I do just a normal kick like in #1? Are normal kicks even possible? I think it was just 'hit lb' in #1.

Jump and double tap the kick button. It used to be a single kick in the air to do it but you have to double tap now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BigglesSWE posted:

I miss the ability to look back over my shoulder as I run.

Good news! Press and hold caps lock (or the corresponding button on the controller) while running.

I rebound it to one of the side buttons on my mouse because that's less of a pain to press.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Omi no Kami posted:

I'm really not feeling the second area... does traversing skyscrapers ever become fun? I just quit after ten minutes of circling around a quest objective without ever figuring out how to get there and realized that the last three hours had contained zero parkour. The entire second area feels like it's just mindlessly clubbing raiders, mashing through dialogue, and wandering lost through dark, mazelike interiors that I don't want to be in.

It does, actually. I was just having this conversation today with my friend because I also wasn't feeling the second area but after upgrading the glider to level 3 and really learning how to traverse with it the world really opens up and I'm having a blast. I think there's still a lot of that 'flying around looking up trying to figure out where to go' thing but it's really satisfying to get around by weaving parkour and the glider together. Look for some agility challenges to do; they give you a pretty good sampling of the cool parkour stuff and generally expect you to be using your glider with parkour for the best times.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nanohahn posted:

Does the bow ever get less disappointing? I was stoked when I got it because I used bows a lot in DL1, but it's a lot less fun lining up 5 headshots on a single zombie and watching it clamber towards you mostly unperturbed. Killing zombies seems a lot slower on the whole than in the first game, possibly because DL1 seemed to rely more on having lots of them around and made them squishier?

Remember there's ranger gear now that improves damage dealt by bows. The special ammo is worth using but my co-op friend is wearing all ranger gear and is actually pretty lethal with the bow now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wonder if the people who were responsible for coming up with safe codes know that they'd be using a safe dial with 100 numbers to choose from. Feels like they were told to come up with three digit numbers because none of them I've run into have required you to turn the dial past 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The first safe I found above the Bazaar was a math problem that equaled 510 so of course I tried "50-10-00" and it didn't work, I got halfway down the tower before realizing I should probably just try '5-1-0' and sure enough.. I also wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and assumed this was a tutorial safe because the code was right next to it in an envelope labeled "Safe Code" but so far most of the ones I've found have been exactly the same. On one hand I'm glad I don't have to do a bunch of running around for the codes but I laugh every time the safe code is like under the safe clearly labeled "SAFE CODE", especially when they don't try to make it a puzzle and just give you the drat code.